New 40th Anniversary jumbo Boba

Reaction score
Star Wars: The Return of the Jedi - Boba Fett (40th Anniversary) Jumbo Action Figure - 2021 SDCC Exclusive

bdad1294d7c9fd59b9cb2fb6058f761c.jpg
feb65bc6d8d252d188bb0c077a6c05df.jpg
e8c412356b750c543dcbb8b5bed89638.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
So help me out, I'm a newbie at this level of collecting. So you have to spend $50 to get premier access to pre-order this Fett? And his price will be $80?

Not saying it's not worth it, just honestly asking to see how much I would have to pay.

I was lucky enough to get a damaged prototype jumbo Fett from another collector, so I'm thinking about getting this one too if possible.

Reaction score
Yes, you would need to pay the minimum membership fee for the PGM and then the price of the figure. But if you join a higher PGM tier, you do get choose a "free" item, which may or may not interest you.

Strange that they're selling a 40th anniversary ROTJ Fett in 2021. Why not wait 2 years?

Dax

Reaction score
Cause that Fett guy is so hot right now! Book of Boba coming out later this year so hoping to cash in on the hype, plus it's an easy production piece as the molds exist already, just trot them out for the fourth or fifth run (I've lost track).

@ Star Wars Dork: You could always join the gold level membership and pick up one of the exclusives for free, then on-sell it to recover the membership cost. Some of those items sell for more than retail so you could do OK out of it. You also get two $15 off coupons which you could use one for Fett. Ultimately it's more initial cost but I think you'd do better in the long run financially than paying for the silver level.

Reaction score
Cause that Fett guy is so hot right now! Book of Boba coming out later this year so hoping to cash in on the hype, plus it's an easy production piece as the molds exist already, just trot them out for the fourth or fifth run (I've lost track).

@ Star Wars Dork: You could always join the gold level membership and pick up one of the exclusives for free, then on-sell it to recover the membership cost. Some of those items sell for more than retail so you could do OK out of it. You also get two $15 off coupons which you could use one for Fett. Ultimately it's more initial cost but I think you'd do better in the long run financially than paying for the silver level.
Thank you! That sounds like a good plan to recoup some funds. Appreciate you insights!

Reaction score
With The Book of Fett coming out, these are going to go through the roof. The White Prototype holiday gift last year is already averaging $250 on ebay, this one is a no brainer. It will be triple it's value before you even get it, plus it's cool as ****

Reaction score
Looking at the pics, the right foot looks warped. This an issue with prior releases? Maybe it's just this one, but looks bad in the promo images and probably should have been fixed before using it here.

Reaction score
Just ordered Boba it doesn't say when it's suppose to be release? Does anyone know or heard any reports on expected shipping?

Dax

Reaction score
Looking at the pics, the right foot looks warped. This an issue with prior releases? Maybe it's just this one, but looks bad in the promo images and probably should have been fixed before using it here.

I noticed that too but after checking older versions, this is the standard mold. What concerned me more was the look of the sunken chest. These are roto cast so they're hollow inside. Looks like that one cooled badly and the chest became depressed. Not a good look for your advertising photo (seriously GG, attention to detail) but I don't expect the finished product to look like that because the ones that came before are fine.

Edited to add: I'm told that the recent white 'Prototype' Fett did indeed ship with this sunken chest, so that does not auger well for this version of Fett. It was fine in earlier productions and QA should never sign off on releasing something flawed like that, but Gentle Giant have a poor reputation in their management of Chinese manufacturers that produce sub-standard products.

@ Jawa Kid: As the figure should have been available for SDCC this year, I expect they'll ship around that time. I'm more interested in when the Jumbo Han Stormtrooper ships. Based on past exclusives, probably Nov 2022 :(

@ exciter: You're correct, the 10% discount won't apply as the Fett is an exclusive but at least you can use one of the $15 off coupons as that applies to any item including exclusives.

Last edited:
Reaction score
With The Book of Fett coming out, these are going to go through the roof. The White Prototype holiday gift last year is already averaging $250 on ebay, this one is a no brainer. It will be triple it's value before you even get it, plus it's cool as ****
I thought the cape was corny on the prototype, so I didn't chase it down.

Reaction score
Is this almost identical to the Rocket Firing Boba Jumbo Figure that came out a few years ago?

Outside of the color of the gun and obviously the card its on, I can't see much difference. Don't want to order if its similar, since I have the Rocket Firing version.

Dax

Reaction score
It is exactly the same mold so if you already have one you won't need this unless you're into packaging variations. I don't mind re-release figures like this, it gives new collectors a chance to pick one up at a reasonable price and every new Jumbo collector makes new characters more viable for GG.

It also means I can pick one up to open and keep my original packaged.

Reaction score
The main difference is they made him glossy like the vintage this time. Also I found an image of the card that shows a sticker stating its limited to 750 (like the recent ESB Vader). Also I dont know why you guys are worried about having memberships and early access. I'm not a PGM member but easily ordered one of these Fetts this morning after seeing the email. It's a web store exclusive, not a PGM exclusive.

Reaction score
The main difference is they made him glossy like the vintage this time. Also I found an image of the card that shows a sticker stating its limited to 750 (like the recent ESB Vader). Also I dont know why you guys are worried about having memberships and early access. I'm not a PGM member but easily ordered one of these Fetts this morning after seeing the email. It's a web store exclusive, not a PGM exclusive.
I didn't know that...it seemed like a membership exclusive, so I just wrote it off. Oh well, his chest and right foot look wonky in the photos, hopefully that's corrected for those that bought one.

Dax

Reaction score
Well it's a little late now seeing as the edition has sold through, but I read a confirmation from GG on facebook that they are using a different mold to the last iteration so hopefully that addresses the QA issue with the chest.

Reaction score
I ordered one... but I wasn't thrilled about it. 7th time releasing Fett and this time on a made-up card back? An anniversary figure NOT in the anniversary year? I would rather have gotten Endor Han, Endor Luke or Endor Leia to celebrate the ROTJ anniversary. I know Fett sells... but this is some super weird decision making to me.

Reaction score
Ahhhh nuts! I totally missed out on this one. Didn't even know about it until today. As a PLATINUM PREMIER member, I really wish Gentle Giant would have sent out an advance email about this figure.
I would log in and check your notification settings in your account. I'm no longer a member of the guild but I did get the email announcing this figure.

Reaction score
Gutted that I could not get this on time.
If anyone has changed their mind after ordering, hit me up, will pay for your trouble of course.

Reaction score
Based on the message they have posted on the Vader page, I'd say there will definitely be some more of those available.
Yeah I would keep an eye on the page since it says “temporarily sold out”. Leads me to believe they have some orders that did not process and or maybe some set aside to cover any damaged orders, etc. and will release them at some point but they won’t last long once they go up.