New 12" Battlestar Galactica Action Figures Coming in 2004

Reaction score
Majestic Studios has announced that they're going to produce 12" collectable action figures based on characters from the original Battlestar Galactica TV series. The initial characters will be Commander Adama, Captain Apollo, Lieutenant Starbuck, Cylon Centurion, and Cylon Commander. Expect these figures to arrive in stores in mid-October. No pics have been released yet, though. After all these years we're finally gonna see an action figure of Richard Hatch as Apollo. That's long overdue.

Reaction score
I think the Cylons will be all I buy from this collection. Hope they ain't hard to find.

G

I've seen this like once, someone mind filling me in what a Cylon is ?

Reaction score
In the original series, the cylon ceturions were machines humanoid in appearence, but only bigger built by a race of reptiles called, you guessed it, Cylons. The centurions turned on their creators and wiped them out. Then, they went to war with the colonies(humans). They're goal was to exterminate the entire human race. In Sci-Fi's "re-imagined" Battlestar Galactica, they're designed to look exactly like humans, only this time they were created by humans and eventually(as like before)turned on their creators. I hope to pick up the entire line of figures. Hopefully this line will be successful and more will be produced. I also hope that Majestic Studios will launch a line of 4" figures, vehicles, and playsets. This is what I'd like to see in a line of 4" figures, vehicles, & playsets:
Galactica bridge Playset:
Commander Adama
Colonel Tigh
Flight Officer Athena
Flight Officer Omega
Flight Officer Rigel

Blue Squadron Collection(vipers with figure pack-in):
Captain Apollo
Lieutenant Starbuck
Lieutenant Boomer
Flight Sgt. Jolly
Flight Sgt. Greenbean
Ensign Zac

Silver Spar Squadron Collection(vipers with figure pack-in):
Commander Cain
Captain Bojay
Lieutenant Sheba

Cylon Raider vehicle:
Cylon pilot
Cylon co-pilot#1
Cylon co-pilot#2

Lifestation Playset:
Dr. Sallik
Med Tech Cassiopea

Cylon Basetar Playset(throne room):
Baltar
Lucifer

Basic Carded Figures:
Captain Apollo(dress uniform)
Lieutenant Starbuck(dress uniform)
Lieutenant Boomer(dress uniform)
Serina(Caprica)
Serina(flight cadet gear)
Cassiopea(socialator)
Boxey & Muffit(2 pack)
Imperious Leader
Colonel Tolen
Baltar(counsel robes)
Cylon Centurion(silver)
Cylon Commander(gold)
Ovion

I'm thinking of starting a petition directed towards Majestic Studios. Would anyone here be interested in signing it if one were started? Just curious.

[ 02-22-2004, 10:21 PM: Message edited by: captmiloman ]

Reaction score
Sgt Ook... where did you find that picture? I remember having that figure as a kid. It's funny, I don't recall having any other Battlestar Galactica items though.

I would be interested in picking up a Cylon figure..those guys were cool.

Here's hoping Buck Rogers gets the nod next!!!
bede bede bede!!! What's up, Buck?

Reaction score
If they are done right, then I might consider getting the whole batch. That was a series I used to love. What I really want are scale Cylon Fighters and Colonial Vipers!!!!

Ook

Reaction score
Originally posted by J6251C:
Sgt Ook... where did you find that picture? I remember having that figure as a kid. It's funny, I don't recall having any other Battlestar Galactica items though.
<font size="2" face="arial">That's from an eBay auction. I have a bunch of pics of him from various auctions. I had him when I was a kid, too. I also don't remember having any others.

The first item I ever bought on eBay was an Imperious Leader. He's sitting on my desk now.
I actually have several others I've picked up over the years. Most of those were loose and in various states, one without the purple nugget on his head. I have them all dressed in various little outfits.

I call him "The Mook".

Reaction score
I had the vion figure. I knew it was from Battlestar Galactica, but I never knew what episode.

Hey did they ever show the Imperious Leader's face????

Ook

Reaction score
Originally posted by Lady Jaye:
I had the vion figure. I knew it was from Battlestar Galactica, but I never knew what episode.

Hey did they ever show the Imperious Leader's face????
<font size="2" face="arial">

Reaction score
"Remembering Battlestar Galactica"(side 2, disc 6 of the DVD set)features a glimpse of Imperious Leader's face along with a real lizard crawling around on his arm. His face was intended to be shown in "Saga Of A Star World"(the three hour pilot episode), but those scenes were cut. I had Starbuck, Adama, Cylon Centurion(silver), and Cylon Commander(gold) from the Mattel line as well as both versions of the colonial viper(with and without firing missles)from Mattel. I currently have a carded Starbuck(Mattel) which I bought through Ebay and the viper fighter(with sound effects)from Trendmasters(the last company to hold the toy license). There was an auction on Ebay a couple of years ago for a complete set of Mattel figures(loose but in mint condition). I wish I could've afforded that set. I think the bid was up to $150.00-200.00

[ 02-24-2004, 08:51 PM: Message edited by: captmiloman ]