Nerw Items Found: Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Defense of Hoth Set on Clearance

I am looking for a Defense of Hoth set. If anyone sees them at any local Targets, please post! Thx. =)

Reaction score
Re: Defense of Hoth Set on Clearance

I've been to two Targets (Coit/Campbell [Dallas] and Park/Tollway [Plano]) over the last two days, and there are no exclusives to be found. In fact, TCW figures appear to be pretty much wiped out, leaving only tons of TVC figures.

Reaction score

Yup, they didn't have any at Custer/121 or Montfort/635 over the last two days. If anyone needs Jabba, there were a few of him at Ohio/121 WM last night. I wish I waited a bit longer, the Oola in the one I nabbed at Spring Creek/75 had bad paint apps on the eyes. I read in the AT AT thread that Sam's carried them (AT ATs) and was marking them down, does anyone know if this is true? I didn't see any at the one on Ohio/121.

Reaction score

There's one set at the Frisco TRU, as of lunchtime today.

Reaction score
Re: Battle over Endor

Can't recommend that anyone shop there after TRU.com's recent poor treatment of its customers, but the brick and mortar store in Allen has started stocking the Battle over Endor sets. They had one of each left as of yesterday midday.

Reaction score
Vintage AOTC Wave

I found a single set of the Vintage AOTC Wave at the Prestonwood Wal Mart this morning. I bought the Peasant Anakin, Peasant Amidala, and Mace Windu. Left the Super Battle Droid and Obi Wan. Still need the Royal Guard and Zam Wessel.

For any Tron Legacy collectors out there, I am also looking for a Clu Deluxe Light Cycle if anyone sees one or has one they'd like to sell.

Reaction score
Re: Vintage AOTC Wave

Kroger marketplace in frisco has clone wars vehicles on sale for $16.09. Picked up a xanadu blood. They still have a magna guard fighter, asoka fighter and plo koon fighter left.

Reaction score

This morning, I went to the Walmart at Coit/190, and the Walmart at Park/Tollway, and there was no sign of the AOTC wave. Perhaps the Prestonwood Walmart got an early shipment??

Reaction score

Reg, it was weird, because Prestonwood had a single set of the wave there, and all the cards were messed up and bent. Not only that, but none of the figures were actually in their system yet, so they didn't scan. I'm thinking they may have even been purchased out of state and returned there.

I didn't really care that the cards were messed up though. I open and display everything.

Reaction score

At times, an "early" case won't ring up. This happened to me with the Cato wave. I found Cato several weeks before that wave really starting hitting retail, and it did not ring up in the system. The employee had to do it manually, and had to ask me for the price.

Reaction score

As of this morning, the Walmart at Park/Tollway has one Tie Bomber in the clearance aisle. The tag says $38.97 (not much of a clearance price).

Reaction score
Vintage Mixed Wave 5

Went to the McKinney Ranch Wal Mart at around 8am and found the remnants of the Vintage mixed Wave 5. All of the New Hope figures had been bought. I really wanted the Luke and R5-D4, but i ended up buying the 2 figures that were there - Utapau Clone Trooper and Gree. Note sure why I bought Gree, I already have 2 of him from previous releases. I think he just looks awesome on Vintage card.

Reaction score
Re: Vintage Mixed Wave 5

So, are you the only dude in the Metroplex finding new TVC figures??

All of the Plano/Frisco Walmarts are stuffed to the gills with waves 1-3. No sign of 4 or 5.

Reaction score
Where are Waves 4 & 5?

I went to 4 Wal Marts on the way to work this morning (side note - it's kind of crazy that I have 4 Wal Marts... 4!... on the drive to my office, and it's only 20 miles door to door from home to office. I just find that crazy.)... anyway, all four of them had the same old Vintage and Clone Wars crapola on the pegs.

When are we gonna get some new stuff!? I haven't seen any of the Vintage Wave 4 or 5 since my mini finds last week. Still looking for Royal Blue Guard, Zam, and Kit from Wave 4, and all the New Hope figures from Wave 5.

The Dallas Comic Con is this weekend. Maybe they'll have some stuff there.

Reaction score
Re: Where are Waves 4 & 5?

Hey Solid,

Yes, as a matter of fact... Now if I can remember which of the 4 it was... LOL

I am fairly sure it was the Coit/George Bush store. Prestonwood had jack, and Spring Valley had jack... so it was either the Coit store or maybe the brand new Allen store at Exchange and 75. Let me know if you need me to pick you one up, I'd be happy to. If you see any Shock Troopers by the way, I need a couple.

Are you going to the convention this weekend?

Reaction score

Cool, thanks man. Hopefully I can get out there soon. I'll let you know if I see any more Shockies. Probably no to this weekend, I know we're doing something with little man but I don't remember what exactly.

Reaction score

75, at least you've found them once already, most of use haven't seen them at all :p.

I bought Clone Trooper Hevy and the CW Obi-Wan (the one w/o shoulder armor) at the 75/Stacy Target. Are these new? I hadn't seen them before, but I don't really keep up with CW stuff. They were pure impulse purchases.

Reaction score

Hey Adam,

Yes, those are both new. Did they have more there? I am looking for that entire wave.

Reaction score

With TRU asking $10 each, Target wanting $8.99 each my shopping options have become very limited. Anyone else just not wanting to pay that much? Its stopped me cold - considering I got the Jedi wave for $6 each, suddenly asking $9 a pop is just too much

Reaction score

Adam,

Thanks for the tip. I stopped by the Stacy Target tonight and bought the full Clone Wars wave with Hevy, New Cad Bane, New Obi Wan, and Ahsoka's Droid.

The hunt continues for Waves 4 and 5 now...

Reaction score

AmanaMatt said:
With TRU asking $10 each, Target wanting $8.99 each my shopping options have become very limited. Anyone else just not wanting to pay that much? Its stopped me cold - considering I got the Jedi wave for $6 each, suddenly asking $9 a pop is just too much
Don't think it will really stop me, even while buying them at $6 I knew it was just because of the holidays and the price would be back up eventually. They really SHOULD be the same price as CW and Legends at least, though.

Reaction score

Weapon75 said:
Adam,

Thanks for the tip. I stopped by the Stacy Target tonight and bought the full Clone Wars wave with Hevy, New Cad Bane, New Obi Wan, and Ahsoka's Droid.

The hunt continues for Waves 4 and 5 now...
Dude, you've got all the luck right now. I haven't seen jack squat, and I usually hit three Walmarts a day: Park/Tollway (on the way to work), Spring Creek/Coit (on the way to work) and 121/Main (on my lunch break). I also frequent the Target at Park/Tollway (on the way home from work).

Nada. Zip. Zilch. Nichts. Not a trace of anything new.

Reaction score

Spotted the new CW wave again at the Coit/Cambell Target.

Reaction score

just an FYI if anyone still needs a Walmart Jabba set in Ft Worth, the Lake Worth walmart has 3 left on the clearance isle by garden supplies for 12.00. I finally found one!

Reaction score

Hey guys i am new to the forum and live in Frisco. Anyone know some good spots to hit for vintage figures?

Reaction score

agentadam said:
Spotted the new CW wave again at the Coit/Cambell Target.
Thanks for the tip. I stopped by there yesterday and picked up the R7-A7 that I needed. Done with that wave. Now if I could only find wave 4 of TVC....

Reaction score

djlackore said:
Hey guys i am new to the forum and live in Frisco. Anyone know some good spots to hit for vintage figures?
Welcome to the boards man. I live in Frisco too. The only stores I know of are Puzzlezoo in North Park mall and the guys who run Onetofiveauctions on eBay, I believe their store is by White Rock Lake somewhere.

Reaction score

Picked up the remaining AOTC Vintage Wave today that I needed - Zam, Royal Blue Guard, and Kit Fisto.

Got them at Target for $8.99 each. Can't say that I like the price hike.

Reaction score

Was this at the Stacy Rd Target in Allen? I picked up Obi-Wan, Peasant Anakin, and Jango Fett from this wave there. The only ones left from this wave were the SBD (who looks funny holding a blaster) and Mace Windu.

Reaction score

Hey Adam, yep, got them from the Stacy Road Target. Looks like we split the wave! =) I was going to buy the Jango just because it looks damn awesome on card, but I passed since I already have 3 Jangos.

Reaction score

Weapon75 said:
Picked up the remaining AOTC Vintage Wave today that I needed - Zam, Royal Blue Guard, and Kit Fisto.

Got them at Target for $8.99 each. Can't say that I like the price hike.
Like I said before, you have all the luck!

Reaction score

Luck does seem to be on my side recently. =) Hopefully I'll have a little more luck and find the ANH figures from Wave 5. I like the R5-D4 and Death Star Escape Luke. I can do without the Han though since it is not scene correct. The Stormtrooper would be a nice army builder, but not at 9 bucks a pop.

Reaction score

The price increase is certainly forcing me to cut back on such army builders as well.

Reaction score

I am not eager for wave 5, at all. I may get the Stormtrooper, but I am going to pass on all of the others. Now wave 6 is an entirely different matter. But I am getting ahead of myself: I still need to find wave 4!

Reaction score

Hey guys. Totally off subject here, but how do you increase your ranking on here? Is it just based on the number of posts you have on the forum? I have been at 1 blue notch for my rank since i joined. LOL

Reaction score

That's right rookie! Just playing man, I think you'll get to the next level at 100 posts. I'm sure there's page out there for it somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.