Nerw Items Found: Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: AOTC

Is anyone having trouble getting TVC at Wal-Mart for $6? I saw a tag this morning that clearly said $6 for the VINTAGE line, but they were still ringing up at $6.96. They did a price check but because the VINTAGE tag was hanging on the CW and Saga pegs, they wouldn't give it to me for that price. I didn't have time to argue so I just left them behind.

Reaction score

solid_strider said:
Is anyone having trouble getting TVC at Wal-Mart for $6? I saw a tag this morning that clearly said $6 for the VINTAGE line, but they were still ringing up at $6.96. They did a price check but because the VINTAGE tag was hanging on the CW and Saga pegs, they wouldn't give it to me for that price. I didn't have time to argue so I just left them behind.
Wal-mart's been known to have messed up prices even in their groceries and electronics.

I think Wal-mart's managed by the Hutts. They're the one who set up the prices. Why else would they sell an exclusive like Jabba's Throne Set? Anyway, some of the sales folks there behave like Gamorreans when you ask them for help. But most are helpful. Just a few.

And never, never argue with a Hutt. You'll never win. Believe me, I tried several times. Ho-Ho-Ho is all I can hear as I walk away from the customer service dept.

Oh wait!! My imagination just wandered away when I saw the prices went back up to $7.99 on the Vintage figures. Oh, well not one of these is worth my credits today. Off to find my suvspeeder in the parking lot of scum and villainy. Yeah, almost got ran over by someone hurrying to find a spot to park while talking gibberish on a cellphone.

Till next time, may the Force with you!!

Reaction score

solid_strider said:
Ive run into this issue 3 times - sticker says $6 but it rings up $6.96 - out of the 3 times, only one employee actually checked and the other two just took me at my word....not an issue ultimately as I got em all for $6 each....though I am a nice guy I guess I look crazy cause I never get any problems like that.

Reaction score

Yeah if I had the time I would've shown them the three different tags saying Vintage, Clone Wars and Saga Legends. The next three WMs I've been to didn't have any Gamorreans at all, but plenty of Endor commandos. The one on Park/Tollway had W3 out (one of the three I've been to since yesterday morning.) Ackbar rang up at $6.96, but the Magna Guard I did buy rang up at $6 even.

Reaction score

Its a good sign that this wave seems to be widespread so soon after it first started showing up.

Reaction score

I found a clone trooper Draa at Walmart on Custer at 380 today. It was the only one there. Just need to find a young boba and I am set

Reaction score

I saw parts of that Clone Wars wave (Shaak Ti, Embo and the Astromech) at the neighborhood Wal-Mart in Allen off of Exchange. I cannot remember the cross street. The toy section here is very small, located in the Christmas section.

Reaction score

Wal-Mart in Plano (75/Spring Creek) got some RotJ wave in, but no Gamorrean or Wicket. /sigh

Reaction score

Her in Lubbock, only the Embo wave has shown up at one of our four Wal Marts, every retailer (4 WM, 2 Targets and 1 K Mart) except TRU has the ROTJ wave. When will the Hasbro reps tell TRU that their VTC is mispriced?

Reaction score
Re: store sightings

solid_strider said:
Is anyone having trouble getting TVC at Wal-Mart for $6? I saw a tag this morning that clearly said $6 for the VINTAGE line, but they were still ringing up at $6.96....
Just got back from a trip to the midwest and saw this price listing issue at Wal-Marts in four states.

Also, I noticed that the Embo Clone Wars wave was only to be found at Wal-Marts (and not in widespread supply), nothing new at Targets beyond the ROTJ vintage wave and the Ki-Adi CW wave.

Reaction score

BandHcomics said:
When will the Hasbro reps tell TRU that their VTC is mispriced?
Are you talking about Vintage figures being priced at $9.99? Oh....that's not a mistake....that's intentional. I refuse to buy Vintage at TRU.

Reaction score

GreenLight said:
Also, I noticed that the Embo Clone Wars wave was only to be found at Wal-Marts (and not in widespread supply), nothing new at Targets beyond the ROTJ vintage wave and the Ki-Adi CW wave.
I haven't been hitting Walmarts hard enough then, since I've not found this wave at Target.
By the way, Target on Cooper& 20 had alot of the ROTJ wave last night, just not the one we're needing (Luke)

Reaction score

Target on 75/Parker in Plano has the new Clone Wars wave(young boba wave).. in the stock room.

Reaction score

Has anyone seen the Dave Filoni... er, I mean Quinlan Vos Wave locally? I haven't seen anything from that wave, and Vos is probably my most anticipated figure from the Clone Wars series. =(

Reaction score

Any Jabba sightings lately? Now that I decided I want one, I can't find it.

Reaction score

I see lots of Jabba's in Saginaw near where I work (Walmart) and Walmart at 287 and Little Road. Generally 3-5 each time I check the figures.
Probably when I want to buy one this payday I WON'T be able to find one....

Reaction score

kbak67 said:
I see lots of Jabba's in Saginaw near where I work (Walmart) and Walmart at 287 and Little Road. Generally 3-5 each time I check the figures.
Probably when I want to buy one this payday I WON'T be able to find one....
I found one at the WM off of 121 on Watters, but thanks for the reply.
Saginaw is a little too far for a toy run for me anyway. :p This Wal-Mart had the RotJ wave except for Luke, Ackbar and of course the Gamorrean. First time I saw Wicket, but I passed for now. They also had the Swamp Speeder which I had never seen before.

Reaction score

Forgot to mention that the Wal-Mart on Ohio/121 in Frisco has a bunch of Arc-170's from last year marked down to....30 bucks. Basically the price they should have been anyway.

Reaction score

Target has Vintage marked to $6 - cheaper than Legends and CLone War figures right now........

Not a good sign for classic collectors like myself - vintage just aint sellin the same way

Trying to find the 'holeless' Jedi Luke or updated color scheme Fett on the Vintage cards -

Reaction score

AmanaMatt said:
Target has Vintage marked to $6 - cheaper than Legends and CLone War figures right now........

Not a good sign for classic collectors like myself - vintage just aint sellin the same way
I can't agree with that at this point, none of the waves have been hard to find yet.

I've only seen CW/Legends figures for $6 at Targets around here.

Reaction score

Based upon two stores I was at, it looks like that Target stores are varying on the $6 Vintage, one had the reduced price yesterday but the other didn't, while both had upped CW/Saga figures to $6.50.

I picked up what I wanted from the ROTJ wave at the reduced price and finally decided to get an Echo base Han.

And one thing I've read about but finally found a sample of yesterday, a Gamorrean Guard with what looks like it might be a slightly smaller soft-goods piece.

Reaction score
store sightings Mansfield Marshalls @ 287

scored a red and white box Clone Wars Y-Wing and ARC170 (Shadow Troopers) for $39.99 each at Mansfied's Marshalls @287 & Debbie Lane for my daughter's collection (no yes...seriously!) probably not great prices but good enough for us just starting out
Also a GI Joe Night Raven for $20 and several new Joes for $3.00 each for my stepson

they still had a few of each left

Reaction score
Re: store sightings Mansfield Marshalls @ 287

HAvent paid attention to the GG but today at Target we finally recieved the Vintage Anakin w/ the Darth Vader name plate, also the vintage clone troopers are showing up now with minty WHITE helmets rather than yellow ones. (Lubbock)

Reaction score

Any recent sightings of the Xanadu Blood Clone Wars vehicle or the CW Quinlan Vos figure?

Reaction score

Haven't seen Visit since the one I grabbed at Wally @ N Garland last week

Reaction score

bountyhunter69 said:
...Wally @ N Garland last week
Dropped by that store this week and noted they had put a whole stand-alone display rack of saga legends and CW figures from August/September out - if this is typical then WM's going to have to resort to those BOGO packs again in early 2011 as they did early this year.

I thought I saw Bane's ship at a TJ Maxx in Kansas or Oklahoma (during a trip - not a long toy run
) a couple of weeks ago - that item may already be at the close-out store level by now.

Reaction score

Quick question , does anyone think the TRU TFU five packs will show up at Ross or TJ Max?

Reaction score

Very, very doubtful. TRU seemes to have sold through them, and they generally will hang on to exclusives for quite awhile if they have not.

Reaction score

Was at the Savage Opress preview preview this evening. Was actually three episodes. They were awesome . The republic commandos make a very brief appearance too. The sneak peak of the rest of season 3 looks pretty awesome too. Can't wait for the Savage figure.

Reaction score

agentadam said:
Very, very doubtful. TRU seemes to have sold through them, and they generally will hang on to exclusives for quite awhile if they have not.
Crud, I missed set two and need Proxy and BH Starkiller, was hoping to pick them up cheap w/ the others.

Reaction score

If you're still looking for the Vos wave, it can be found at the Walmart at Spring Creek and Coit (Plano). I saw the entire wave there at 6AM this morning.

Reaction score

TJ Maxx store in Allen had four of the Clone Wars Y-Wings priced at $39.99 each as of last Sunday evening.

Reaction score

Scored 3 Defense of Hoth Packs and 2 Vintage 9 Packs at Love Field Target this morning. All were roughly 50% off or more. They had one set of the Vos wave and that is about it.

Reaction score

Got the last Jabba (that I could find) at Spring Creek WM for $19 this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.