Need Transformers Cybereverse help please

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I need some help. I used to collect Transformers in the 80's, and since have watched all the cartoons and films. But I havent bought any toys for some time.

I really like the Transformers Prime Cyberverse figures (the little ones, like the little Ultra Magnus). But I need some info if anyone can help.

1.) in Cyberverse, there seems to be Legion Class and Commander Class. are these two classes meant to go together?? and do any other classes go with them??

2.) are the vehicle playsets I see meant to go with the Cyberverse legion and Commander Classes??

3.) It seems the Legion and Commander classes started back with the DOTM film. is this line/scale/classes going to continue for the foreseable future?? Or is it something i shouldnt start buying because Hasbro is going to quit making them soon in favor of some new line or scale, or class.

I appreciate any help at all. I didnt want to just jump in and start buying stuff without a little bit of knowledge.

Thanks everyone

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I need some help. I used to collect Transformers in the 80's, and since have watched all the cartoons and films. But I havent bought any toys for some time.

I really like the Transformers Prime Cyberverse figures (the little ones, like the little Ultra Magnus). But I need some info if anyone can help.

1.) in Cyberverse, there seems to be Legion Class and Commander Class. are these two classes meant to go together?? and do any other classes go with them??

2.) are the vehicle playsets I see meant to go with the Cyberverse legion and Commander Classes??

3.) It seems the Legion and Commander classes started back with the DOTM film. is this line/scale/classes going to continue for the foreseable future?? Or is it something i shouldnt start buying because Hasbro is going to quit making them soon in favor of some new line or scale, or class.

I appreciate any help at all. I didnt want to just jump in and start buying stuff without a little bit of knowledge.

Thanks everyone
1: Yes, those two sizes are supposed to go together. Optimus, Megatron, etc, are bigger than guys like Bumblebee or Vehicon, so the Commander/legion scale is correct.

2: Yep, the one with Wheeljack and the drill fit in with bot Commander and Legion, for they are of the same toyline.

3: Cyberverse and Commander Class (NOT Legion class) started out during DOTM, but Legion class alone has been around for a lone time. Cyberverse, or at least Legion class, is here to stay as long as their is supporting media (movie, show, etc) to go with it. Leader, Voyager, Deluxe, and Cyberverse have co-existed for a long time, and new size classes don't come in that often.

You're not alone. I started getting into TF's just a little bit ago, and I did my research in prices, old lines, size classes, shows/lore, etc. It's not super easy at first, and you will start getting into other things as your knowledge grows, but if you have the dedication and the interest, it is worth it.

Reaction score
Thank you so much Jcc224Cody! That helps alot. I didnt know Legion class had been around very long. I read something somewhere on a TF Wiki page that the smaller vehicles used to be called Legends or Scouts, but then were renamed Legion and Commander. Is that accurate??

I really just want to collect the smaller size Transformers, as I have always liked the smaller sizes and thought they looked cool. But while doing research, it did get confusing with all the different class sizes.

The last time I collected them was when I was a kid in the 80's. and at that time I knew nothing of classes or anything, and of course didnt care about scale. I just got whichever looked coolest LOL

I really appreciate the info you gave though, it does help alot. Thank you :)

Reaction score
Thank you so much Jcc224Cody! That helps alot. I didnt know Legion class had been around very long. I read something somewhere on a TF Wiki page that the smaller vehicles used to be called Legends or Scouts, but then were renamed Legion and Commander. Is that accurate??

I really just want to collect the smaller size Transformers, as I have always liked the smaller sizes and thought they looked cool. But while doing research, it did get confusing with all the different class sizes.

The last time I collected them was when I was a kid in the 80's. and at that time I knew nothing of classes or anything, and of course didnt care about scale. I just got whichever looked coolest LOL

Legion and Commander started with the rebranding of the smaller scale figures as Cyberverse, which was at the time of DOTM as you noted.

Legions are roughly the same size and price point as Legends. Commanders are roughly the same size and price point as Scouts. Legions and Commanders are deliberately designed to work together along with the playsets/vehicles, whereas that wasn't the case with Legends and Scouts. Generally, Legends provided smaller versions of characters available in larger scales and Scouts were mostly unique characters. Now characters that are available as Deluxe and/or Voyager figures are frequently also available as Legion or Commander figures.

Cyberverse is its own universe apart from the mainline, if you will. Legions and Commanders are vaguely in scale with each other (but not completely) and Deluxes and Voyagers are vaguely in scale with each other (but not completely).

And almost all of Cyberverse is awesome and in many cases superior to the mainline (almost all of Prime Cyberverse is better than the majority of Prime RID, in my opinion).

Reaction score

This site will also help you with your research.

Transformers Toy Galleries

Glad to help out!

Reaction score
I tried to map out all of the lines awhile ago and ended up with a headache.

If you are just getting into this, I really recommend hitting liquidation retailers like Marshall's, TJ Maxx, and Ross. A lot of the DOTM Cyberverse figures are still floating around there for half of what they charge in Toys R Us. I picked up The Ark with Roller for $11 and the TRU exclusive cyberverse multi-pack with BB, Ironhide, Barricade, and Crankcase for $20. Also, five below has had the G1 wave sitting around since last December.

(And don't forget that Star Wars has/had a Cyberverse Crossover line with Grievous, two versions of Anakin and Obi-wan each, a clone trooper, and Saesae Tinn. I found a bunch of those for five bucks each at a TJ Maxx not too long ago.)