Need to know the value of my collection

Reaction score
Hello,

I would like to know the value of my collection. The set is in near mint condition with all figures having original and correct weapons. I have all 98 original figures plus variants as well. I attached some pictures of some of the figures. The 3 figure cases are 100% intact never been used. The falcon is 100% never been used as well as jabba the hut and the wappa monster. The max rebo band is 100% complete never used. If you want to see additional pictures let me know. The blue snaggles are grade 85-95. I have a 2nd unopened mail away from kenner of the poster in the frame.Thanks

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    784.9 KB · Views: 72
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    778.5 KB · Views: 72
  • pic4.jpg
    pic4.jpg
    755.7 KB · Views: 59
  • pic5.jpg
    pic5.jpg
    799.5 KB · Views: 55
  • pic6.jpg
    pic6.jpg
    714.1 KB · Views: 53
  • pic7.jpg
    pic7.jpg
    694.3 KB · Views: 59
  • pic8.jpg
    pic8.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 59
  • pic9.jpg
    pic9.jpg
    539.2 KB · Views: 58
  • pic10.jpg
    pic10.jpg
    565.8 KB · Views: 57
  • pic11.jpg
    pic11.jpg
    576.2 KB · Views: 56
  • pic12.jpg
    pic12.jpg
    559.5 KB · Views: 55
  • pic13.jpg
    pic13.jpg
    539.2 KB · Views: 48
  • pic14.jpg
    pic14.jpg
    550.4 KB · Views: 44
  • pic15.jpg
    pic15.jpg
    555.4 KB · Views: 42
  • pic16.jpg
    pic16.jpg
    562.6 KB · Views: 41
  • pic17.jpg
    pic17.jpg
    555.3 KB · Views: 42
  • pic18.jpg
    pic18.jpg
    610.2 KB · Views: 44
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    659.8 KB · Views: 43
  • pic19.jpg
    pic19.jpg
    595.7 KB · Views: 43
  • pic20.jpg
    pic20.jpg
    607.1 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Reaction score
I'll give you $100 for the lot......

Seriously though, with that stuff you would be best just putting them up individually on e-bay. Unless you need money quick, then let me know what you want for it. Understand that selling as a lot means you'll get less than 50% of the value unless you are super lucky.
I don't think anyone here can accurately tell you what this is worth without some e-bay research on current value (it fluctuates a lot lately).

Reaction score
Thanks - I did have several offers from $7K to $8.5K. They where from people looking to resell. I figured the value was around 10K and 14K since many of the figures have been selling for $500 to $800.

Last edited:

Dax

Reaction score
Ebay closed auctions will get you 99% of the values you need.

Keep in mind values will be conditional.

If you're looking to insure then you need to factor in the cost of acquisition which includes not only the final price but other details like shipping costs.
If you're looking to sell individually then ebay closed auctions.
If you're looking to sell as a bulk lot then you're going to be asked for a discount for the convenience factor. If you think a discount is unreasonable, then you'll need to do the leg work yourself in selling everything separately which includes all the separate listing and shipping costs and the time and effort. That's why a discount is appropriate. Keep in mind, virtually nobody wakes up one days and says "I'm going collect an entire series of items and am prepared to drop $10k on it" so anyone prepared to purchase your entire collection in one shot is going to be moving on some or all of it.

Reaction score
no way those 2 blue snags are 85s much less 95s one of them looks closer to a 70 with the boot wear. 95s are practically unheard of so the fact that you throw those numbers around on ungraded items expecting to get 95s for them probably affects your valuation. In general I'd assume anything not graded but mint looking is an 80

Reaction score
What looks like boot wear is not porkins. here are some better pictures

Attachments

• p1.jpg
    p1.jpg
    463.6 KB · Views: 43
  • p2.jpg
    p2.jpg
    524.4 KB · Views: 37
  • p3.jpg
    p3.jpg
    478 KB · Views: 38
  • p4.jpg
    p4.jpg
    1,020.2 KB · Views: 35
  • p5.jpg
    p5.jpg
    628.1 KB · Views: 34
  • p6.jpg
    p6.jpg
    446.2 KB · Views: 32

Dax

Reaction score
Ah, no. That's paint wear. Even if it wasn't paint wear but poorly applied paint that is still going to effect the grade. You've got one figure with a discoloured torso, wear on the boots at toes, heels and tops, paint wear or poor application on hands and belt and so on.

Don't get me wrong, these are nice looking figures, but a 95 is effectively flawless, and these are not flawless.

From a selling perspective, no collector or dealer is going to take your word for a supposed grading because they've all sent figures in to be graded and been disappointed with a grade at some stage or another. Additionally, they assume that if a figure is good enough for 90/95 grading that it would have already been sent in to secure that range and lock in the value to the seller. If it's not graded, they're going to assume a reasonable likelihood of a lower grade.

Reaction score
It would help if we knew WHY you needed to know the value. Are you insuring it, trying to sell it as a lot, or you just wanna know, or you arguing with a friend over who's collection is worth more? Etc. etc.

Reaction score
Ah, no. That's paint wear. Even if it wasn't paint wear but poorly applied paint that is still going to effect the grade. You've got one figure with a discoloured torso, wear on the boots at toes, heels and tops, paint wear or poor application on hands and belt and so on.

Don't get me wrong, these are nice looking figures, but a 95 is effectively flawless, and these are not flawless.

From a selling perspective, no collector or dealer is going to take your word for a supposed grading because they've all sent figures in to be graded and been disappointed with a grade at some stage or another. Additionally, they assume that if a figure is good enough for 90/95 grading that it would have already been sent in to secure that range and lock in the value to the seller. If it's not graded, they're going to assume a reasonable likelihood of a lower grade.
I ll take my chance and get those two graded as I have seen similar ones graded at 80+NM . That's what I'm looking for in the grade. " As they an't makin these anymore. "

Reaction score
With extremely rare Figures, it's generally a good idea to get them graded unless they are in such terrible condition that confirming it wouldn't likely help. If those really are in 70 Condition, it's probably a good idea to get them graded, and if they turn out higher more's the better.

Reaction score
I tend to pay more attention to values as of late, but for insurance purposes. I'm now only a couple months away from starting my addition. Once its displayed, I will be buying a separate insurance policy.

Reaction score
The Last 17, complete and averaging condition 80, plus the two Snags in 80, will be about $6,000 (even $7,000, if truly mint-like). That’s my layperson’s estimate in those grades. The rest of the figures, averaging 80, will be like another $3,000, at worst. The boxed vehicles, cases, and posters vary, but add whatever.

NOTE: Your Falcon is from 1995, not 1978 (as I’m sure you know). Even so, you are looking at $12,000 or so. That’s just a cursory estimate without even clicking on any of the pics for a closer look. But it’s MOST impressive.

EDIT: I did click for a closer look, and it’s probably better than that. That R2 Saber in that shape could approach $1,000 alone.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The Last 17, complete and averaging condition 80, plus the two Snags in 80, will be about $6,000 (even $7,000, if truly mint-like). That’s my layperson’s estimate in those grades. The rest of the figures, averaging 80, will be like another $3,000, at worst. The boxed vehicles, cases, and posters vary, but add whatever.

NOTE: Your Falcon is from 1995, not 1978 (as I’m sure you know). Even so, you are looking at $12,000 or so. That’s just a cursory estimate without even clicking on any of the pics for a closer look. But it’s MOST impressive.

EDIT: I did click for a closer look, and it’s probably better than that. That R2 Saber in that shape could approach $1,000 alone.
That's correct on the falcon it was the release after hasbro bought kenner. Its 1995! Finally someone on this website that knows what they are talking about. I jumped on this website to see the depth of knowledge, and I wasn't impressed until you Tulgah. You're the winner. I'am very well versed myself with kenner's products. I jumped on this sight, to "go fishing" and see what the knowledge base was here. You're spot on with the $15K. As I did have the collection appraised. Thanks

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah, I tried to aim low, so that it’s always better than what we expect!

The trick is a “pedestrian” figure, like a Cloud Car Pilot or something. How’s he stamped? Is it 1980, 1981, Hong Kong, Malaysia? How yellow are his boots? I just made all that up, but lots of figures have little differences like that, which can lead to prices ranging from like $15 up to like $50. People are fickle, and eBay doesn’t always tell the whole story. It usually does, though.

EDIT: That Kim Simmons poster is cool. He’s been getting some attention lately due to various crowdfunding projects, so the poster is probably going up. It may be another hundred bucks!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hard to say without going over every single loose figure first, and the playset, the few carded figures etc.

I agree with the fellow poster who suggested to use eBay closed auctions and current auctions to build a list on what you can expect to get for your collection. I would suggest if the loose figures are complete and in good, great or excellent condition, get them AFA graded, in fact AFA grade as much as possible if you are interested in selling as AFA grading will gain you more bidders and increase the value of the items at auction.

Reaction score
What an amazing collection. If you do decide to sell remember eBay will put their greedy fingers on a percentage of the final sale value. You might be better off trying to sell here or on a Facebook collector group. Best of luck you.