Need help with vintage go kart I won in 1984

Reaction score
Hello Everyone.
I have a vintage go kart that I won from Hardee's back in 1984. My father passed away a few weeks ago and was a bit of a horder. When I was going through his stuff I came across my old go kart. I had thought that he got ride of it a long time ago but he didn't. After extensive research I can find none like it. I event contacted Hardee's directly only to find out that in 1999 all records from this time where destroyed in a flood from a hurricane. I reached out to a go kart forum and they also have never seen one with this paint and body / frame combo. They loved it but could not help me to weather or not it is collectible or not. They did give me a fair idea of value from a go kart perspective but not from a collectible perspective. Can anyone help me?

Larger photo in my photos on my profile.

Reaction score
My condolences on your father. For the kart, is there a Star Wars connection? I didn’t notice any in the pic.

Reaction score
No star wars. Just thought if in other collectibles it would be ok. Just to see if anyone knew anything about it.

Reaction score
In my experience, there are a lot of smart, helpful people on here with a wide range of knowledge. Hopefully you’ll here from someone who knows something about it. I unfortunately do not.

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Thread moved to non-SW section.

Reaction score
You are correct in assuming that there is value there. The most valuable thing about it is that it is advertising a famous chain of resturants. There are people that have focus collections of advertising memorabilia. That could be a grail to someone who collects Hardees stuff. I only know this because my local flea market had a few collectors that snapped up Mc Donalds advertising stuff. Beyond that I'm clueless as to worth. I suggest googling hardees collectors and reach out. Someone is bound to be super knowledgeable about it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
You are correct in assuming that there is value there. The most valuable thing about it is that it is advertising a famous chain of resturants. There are people that have focus collections of advertising memorabilia. That could be a grail to someone who collects Hardees stuff. I only know this because my local flea market had a few collectors that snapped up Mc Donalds advertising stuff. Beyond that I'm clueless as to worth. I suggest googling hardees collectors and reach out. Someone is bound to be super knowledgeable about it.
I have google and have gone to deep into research and found Hardees stuff like the raisins toys from the 80s given away, other hardees go karts that where just modeled after other cars or NASCAR but not found collectors or other forums. I am grasping at straws here as I am 50/50 as to sell it or rehab it. It holds a ton of memories but with no where to put it I would need to rent a place and then spend what was estimated to be about $400 to get it right and working. So I am trying to get as much information as I can before making a decision.
Thank you for your help though.

Utinniii

Reaction score
A quick search found a Fan club fourum 5 years dead.

Flicker had a race car photo, so race car forums might be a place to look for answers.

If it helps, even having digital records of something has sentimental value. As someone that has moved around a lot, my virtual collections bring me the same satisfaction as my physical collections; only I can take them with me and they are much more convenient.

Good luck!

Reaction score
A quick search found a Fan club fourum 5 years dead.

Flicker had a race car photo, so race car forums might be a place to look for answers.

If it helps, even having digital records of something has sentimental value. As someone that has moved around a lot, my virtual collections bring me the same satisfaction as my physical collections; only I can take them with me and they are much more convenient.

Good luck!
Thanks for the idea of race car forums. I did check out the Flicker link and there was nothing current. I will defiantly look into F1 racing forums. Did not even think about that. Thanks