Need help from Thai collector

Reaction score
Hi

Need advice.....

Currently dating a Thai Girl (I'm English) She's only been in the UK 3 years, having spent most of her life in Thailand (She's 30)

Now, she's coming round to my place for the first time soon which means she's going to see the star wars collection.

How well known/popular is star wars in Thailand? Is she likely to have any idea about what she's seeing?

Any sensible way to introduce it? Any likely reaction from her?

Reaction score
don't worry Gary, Star wars is very popular in Thailand. too many promotion here since EP III such as SC bank credit card,Kelloge cereal,Wall ice cream, red bull, pepsi, and 7 eleven.

if she cool, she must know star wars. every year, my wife always buy star wars collectible for me as a birthday gift.

most Thai girl like the guy who really know how to saving their money (in a bank) you might need to explain to her that toys are worth the money in the next future. this is the ways I explain to my wife. the easy ways is buy a movie called "40 years old virgin" and watch with her. this movie tell a lot about how good of collecting toys.

maybe let her visit SW Thai fanclub wedsite.
www.starwarsthaifanclub.com

good luck to you to got a Thai girl.

Reaction score
Hey

Thanks for those words.

She was really cool with it. She wanted to watch the original three films, and now wants to watch the prequels.

She's also learning the names of the Characters

Reaction score
My Thai wife of two years is very accepting of my large collection but is not a fan of Star Wars. She's 25 and never really liked the movies, and wasn't overly impressed when I showed them to her. As a non-fan she told me that there is not a lot Star Wars presence in toy stores now. We plan to visit the Bangkok area sometime in the next year so I am looking forward to testing that.

Reaction score
yes, Toys R Us in Thailand have not many star wars toys. but there are many local toy store here sell only star wars toys. and if you similar with a toys box shop,a shop that have clear window display box for rent for collector who want to sell their collection,there are too many good toy box shop to visit in Thailand.

Reaction score
vaderland said:
yes, Toys R Us in Thailand have not many star wars toys. but there are many local toy store here sell only star wars toys. and if you similar with a toys box shop,a shop that have clear window display box for rent for collector who want to sell their collection,there are too many good toy box shop to visit in Thailand.
Any shop names worthy of mention here? I haven't been to Thailand for over 2 years now and I'm sure things have changed. If you could share the names and address, it would be great. Maybe I can buy or sell my stuff there.

cheers

Reaction score
I'd love to know of any specific places to look around Thailand. I'll be going in October, based in Bangkok, but traveling all over.

Glad to hear that there are some sources for SW collectibles.