NECA - The Simpsons Celebrity Line

GNT

Reaction score
Mulder and Scully would be great

I'd be up for a Ron Howard and Stephen Hawking figures as well.

Reaction score
Series 4.

Aerosmith!

Complete Series 4

Simpsonpalooza - all musical celebrities from the Celebrity line.
R.E.M, Otto Man, Elvis Costella, Weird Al, The Who, Aerosmith, Tom Jones, James Brown, Britney Spears, Kid Rock.

GNT

Reaction score
There's a new Simpsons 6" line out here atm all with talking ability when a button is pressed on the front. They aren't made by Neca but here's a picture of one just for an example (Picture from another forum).

I might pick up Krusty as his figure was holding a doll of himself with a witty one liner like they'll stick his likeness on anything or something like that.

Reaction score
There's a new Simpsons 6" line out here atm all with talking ability when a button is pressed on the front. They aren't made by Neca but here's a picture of one just for an example (Picture from another forum).

I might pick up Krusty as his figure was holding a doll of himself with a witty one liner like they'll stick his likeness on anything or something like that.

They use the same packaging as the NECA lines. I wonder who makes them?

Reaction score
Series 5 in stock and shipping from BBTS. One of the best lineups (Petty, Lee, Kravitz, Groening), and they were all great.

Reaction score
maybe an unpopular opinion but imo the sculpts on the NECA Simpsons figures were waaaay sharper than the Playmates stuff. enough that if NECA were to ever do a Simpsons line from scratch, I would definitely buy. not that any line could ever hope to repeating the depth that the Playmates Simpsons line achieved but I dunno if any other company has ever considered doing its own line. after all, the success of the Palisades Muppets line hasn't stopped DST from trying their own thing.

I guess if DST got the license they could include a diorama piece with the figures, that you could connect to make a full diorama if you bought the whole series (something I know they are fond of doing).

GNT

Reaction score
It would be nice to see a Simpsons line again, minus the voice chips which added to the cost of each figure. So many options they could make but I don't know if a Simpsons line would do well in this day and age?

Reaction score
true. although I know that the Kidrobot line is still active if that matters any.

Reaction score
Not the same as an action figure unfortunately. :(
Agreed. I'd love for them to do more celebrity waves. Especially since the BossToneS appeared in the latest season. They're my favorite band. Always wanted them in some kind of action figure form lol

Reaction score
As was said above the Playmates editions just didn't work. (Although I own almost all of them.!) It would have been better if they had just made figures like the original Mattel Line!

Reaction score
eh, I wouldn't go so far as to say the Playmates figures didn't work. they had very limited articulation but I would prefer that to a bunch of unsightly joints (which would probably be a lot more visible given how undetailed cartoon figures can be). it's not like the Simpsons characters are in need of a lot of dynamic action poses either.

also I don't know why I'm hoping for another toy company to bleed me of more money but such is the mind of the toy collector. it was probably seeing this picture that made me wonder what a NECA-sculpted Simpsons line could look like: