NECA - The Simpsons Celebrity Line

GNT

Reaction score
Here's a look at the 25th anniversary The Simpsons celebrity line, this line will include 25 celebrities:

Anyone going to pick any up? Any celebrity that should be in this line?

Reaction score
Similar sentiments. They look nice but I dunno, just not a lot of appeal to me. Might depend on who the other 20 are. I'd certainly love a Simpsons-ized Leonard Nimoy more than Kid Rock.

Also, the SDCC pictures say there will be a 5 inch and 2 inch line (the latter only having 10 figures). I dunno if we need two scales but it's their call.

Reaction score
Here's a look at the 25th anniversary The Simpsons celebrity line, this line will include 25 celebrities:

Anyone going to pick any up? Any celebrity that should be in this line?
HELL YES!! Was bummed when the Playmates line ended, there was so much more that could've been made, so this is a nice welcome. I'll even buy the Kid Rock figure, and I can't stand that guy (although his appearance was pretty good). I'm hoping for The Ramones, Bret Hart, Spinal Tap, and, even though he didn't EXACTLY play himself, John Waters. "Homer's Phobia" is probably my favorite episode:

BART: "Dad, why did you take me to a gay steelmill?"
HOMER: "I DON'T KNOW!!!"

Reaction score
I hope they include the Conchords! I know that Bret and Jemaine are "newer" celebs, but that would be awesome!

Reaction score
Thought of a another great episode with celebs: the Rock Fantasy Camp one. I want them all....the Stones, Tom Petty, Elvis Costello, Lenny Kravitz, and especially Brian SELTZER. Honestly, I wish NECA would just continue a regular Simpsons line where Playmates left off. Gimme the playsets, too. I don't even need the talking gimmick, just want some more figures in that style. With NECA also now holding the Planet of the Apes license for figures, if I could get Simpsonized Dr. Zaius, I'd die a happy man.

Reaction score
Picked these up today at TRU in Virginia. They are also selling mini versions in 2 packs and 6 packs. Kind of bummed that the 3 mystery figures weren't originally released but these are awesome. Lots of fun.

Reaction score
They are in perfect scale with WoS. The only real difference is the yellow color. It's not the same as the old ones but it's cool. We have new Simpsons figures!!!!! WooHoo!!!

Reaction score
Saw these at TRU...only had Homer; really want the "leave me be" Tom Hanks 6".

Reaction score
I wish they'd do a different person in Xena's place. We already got her with one of the THOH sets.

GNT

Reaction score
I wish they'd do a different person in Xena's place. We already got her with one of the THOH sets.
People maybe just starting collecting and don't want to track down figures from a previous company. They might just want the figures and no play sets.

If we use your theory and we'll use Star Wars for example, Hasbro doesn't need to ever release a Darth Vader or Luke figure or pretty much any OT figure as they released them in 1978! Just saying.

Reaction score
That's true. But I only mentioned is because of the limited number of people they are doing.

And does anyone know if the Homers and Maggies count towards the 25? Seeing as how they aren't celebrity guest stars.

Reaction score
Just got a notice from BBTS that Series 2 is in stock. Preorder shipping soon. Cool!

Reaction score
They've been spotted at TRU, too. These are coming out quick, I still need to pick up Wave 1 (minus Kid Rock, I don't like him).

Reaction score
Picked up Mark Hamill today at TRU in Los Angeles. I am limiting myself to only that one. (we'll see :) ) since he crosses over to the star wars collection. At 11.99 I don't think I will go all in. They had about 3 or 4 of each series 2, but I only counted 2 Maggies Glad she is shortpacked (I assume), not the others.
Have pretty much the whole WOS line packed away. Need to get them back on display somewhere.
Might have to get REM, and definitively Leonard Nemoy

GNT

Reaction score
Nice picture, one day I'll have to pick up a few favourite characters that I missed out on.