NECA - Prometheus / Alien franchise

Reaction score
She's really not good. I mean, if you're buying it for the accessories that's one thing, but if you have the first figure and are buying for the updated face I would reconsider. From most angles she looks more like Rocky Dennis than Sigourney Weaver.

Reaction score
I do have the first version from 2015, she's still one of my favorite NECA figures. I want the new one for the new accessories and to to have a spare Ripley. From what I've seen some look better than others. I think the likeness is there but something went wrong in the production.

I still have to find a good ultimate big chap. So far I've bought and returned 3 of them. Two were from Target back in March, and one from Walmart a month ago. All of them had bad QC issues - poorly molded/defective parts, frozen joints, warped domes, badly glued domes with visible glue on the "face" and nose area.

Reaction score
Yeah, I have all the original Alien releases...even the more recent ones like the Lambert in compression suit. I miss the old clamshells as that’s how I display them...under my Hot Toys Alien figures. I know what you mean...it sucks when you can’t check the paint apps. I did just pick up Ripley 8 from Alien Resurrection at Books A Million. They have a lot of Neca, but nothing much new since COVID-19 hit in force. Here’s some of my collection:
C6EC59FA-6BAD-415A-8D10-1B4455587F92.jpegB672FDE3-E77D-494B-87FB-3234C19D481C.jpegF71F2476-B57B-48A3-866B-4DBA2B656AC7.jpeg

Reaction score
Brett & Parker - NECA by scarrviper, on Flickr

Picked these two up locally on Wednesday.

I'm very impressed with both, NECA knocked these out of the park. The likenesses are spot on, the detailing is superb and the quality is excellent. It was refreshing to open some new figures that didn't have any major QC issues. Parker did have some stiff joints, but that was easily fixed with a hairdryer. Speaking of which, you will need to use a hairdryer to soften their hands in order for the accessories to fit in them. Not a big deal. The accessories are all well detailed and cleanly painted. Overall, I'm very happy. The only complaint I could possibly have is price. It seems like these would have been cheaper only a few years ago. Prices have been creeping up quite a bit lately.

Now I do have a bit of a related rant. I have been checking my nearest Target for the exclusive Ripley for 6 weeks now, and I have seen absolutely no sign of the exclusive 40th anniversary wave. I even managed to travel to the next closest Target today and found nothing. What I find baffling is that a big retailer like Target can't get their own exclusives on the shelves, yet a small locally owned toy store can receive their own exclusives (in this case Brett and Parker), with no trouble at all and in decent quantity. If this is how bad it's going to be with Target, I can only imagine how much worse it will be when Ash and Kane come to Walmart in the fall.

Also, has anyone recently communicated with NECA customer service? The last email I got from them was in October, I've had no replies since. Just curious.

Reaction score

I'm very impressed with both, NECA knocked these out of the park. The likenesses are spot on, the detailing is superb and the quality is excellent. It was refreshing to open some new figures that didn't have any major QC issues. Parker did have some stiff joints, but that was easily fixed with a hairdryer. Speaking of which, you will need to use a hairdryer to soften their hands in order for the accessories to fit in them. Not a big deal. The accessories are all well detailed and cleanly painted. Overall, I'm very happy. The only complaint I could possibly have is price. It seems like these would have been cheaper only a few years ago. Prices have been creeping up quite a bit lately.

Now I do have a bit of a related rant. I have been checking my nearest Target for the exclusive Ripley for 6 weeks now, and I have seen absolutely no sign of the exclusive 40th anniversary wave. I even managed to travel to the next closest Target today and found nothing. What I find baffling is that a big retailer like Target can't get their own exclusives on the shelves, yet a small locally owned toy store can receive their own exclusives (in this case Brett and Parker), with no trouble at all and in decent quantity. If this is how bad it's going to be with Target, I can only imagine how much worse it will be when Ash and Kane come to Walmart in the fall.

Also, has anyone recently communicated with NECA customer service? The last email I got from them was in October, I've had no replies since. Just curious.
My local Target has the Ripley wave (picked up Ripley and Dallas last night). I didn't know Brett and Parker were out already.

Reaction score
Pretty sure Neca is delivered separately from normal Target deliveries, and then stocked by 3rd party merchandisers...not Target employees. I recently found Big Chap at several Walmarts, but have yet to find wave one. It’s all good as I have the original clamshell releases.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Did you get these from a specialty retailer out of curiosity?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Did you get these from Target or specialty retailer out of curiosity?
Specialty retailer. A small locally owned toy store. I was surprised they arrived already. These two along with the bloody alien are specialty only.

I know NECA stuff is stocked by a 3rd party at Target, iirc that's how it was done at ToysRus before they died. I've never run into the person that does it, it feels like there's no schedule to it.

Reaction score
I know...I’ve yet to ever see anybody actually stocking or straightening. Maybe Neca avoided a wide release on wave 1 since alot of people had those in the initial clamshell release(like me). I hadn’t even heard about wave 3 yet being Walmart only...that’s terrifying Indeed.

Reaction score
At 2 Walmarts today I noticed they had the blue Ultimate Aliens Xenomorph. They seem to be shipping with some Big Chaps from what I could tell. Again, glad to see stuff flowing into stores on a regular basis. At least more regular than any Star Wars stuff.

Reaction score
My 40th wave 2 showed up today. Boy, Brett sure turned out bad. He looks like he just changed out of some drag and forgot to wash his makeup off all the way. Looks like he has blush and eyeliner.

Reaction score
My 40th wave 2 showed up today. Boy, Brett sure turned out bad. He looks like he just changed out of some drag and forgot to wash his makeup off all the way. Looks like he has blush and eyeliner.
A little bit of trivia. In Aliens during the debriefing meeting with Ripley and the corporate goons the bio of each crew member is being shown on the large monitor on the wall. Apparently, one or some of the crew members of the Nostromo had a sex change. Hmmm. :unsure: I forgot which one,. You can't really read it on screen, but it was mentioned in a documentary that it was in the body of the text on screen.

Reaction score
Never saw Alien wave 1 Ripley at Target. Luckily, my brother found her over in his area, so he picked it up and sent it to me. With each week that passes it's becoming less likely I'll ever find her myself.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Scarr- you mention the price; I just bought a Brett from a local store for $25; is that similar? What is the MSRP on these 40th wave figures?
Edit: and while I’m asking, (I may have asked it before) but is the blood splattered xeno the same sculpt as the ultimate big chap?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Scarr- you mention the price; I just bought a Brett from a local store for $25; is that similar? What is the MSRP on these 40th wave figures?
Edit: and while I’m asking, (I may have asked it before) but is the blood splattered xeno the same sculpt as the ultimate big chap?
Mine were $26.99 IIRC. It feels like it was only a few years ago these would have been $18-$20 each.

As far as I know the bloody xeno is the same sculpt. I don't own either so I can't say 100%, but I'm pretty sure.

Reaction score
At Toys R Us, alien and predator figures were priced at $20, but usually specialty shops like FYE got new stuff in more frequently. They would charge $24-$26, though.

Reaction score
Yeah, the bloody xeno is the same sculpt as ultimate Big Chap. New elbows and knees and all that. Now my question is, is the protype clear 40th xeno the same sculpt as the ultimate Big Chap?!?