NECA - Prometheus / Alien franchise

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Thanks, Coloring- yeah, I wasn't as clear as I could have been; I did in fact mean that prototype characters/designs/suits/vehicles don't interest me because they were not in the film, and were changed (or rejected) by the creator/director/etc because they didn't like something about it. For example, I love Ralph McQuarrie's art, but I have no interest in figures of them since they were not in the film ;)
(Admittedly, the translucence is cool!)

Reaction score
Gotcha. I'm a little more forgiving of concept figures, depending on the line. I know a lot of people have taken a "head-canon" approach to the alien franchise. Plus having the Kenner tribute figures released alongside the movie figures makes it easier to have a blended collection of this line. Plus, all lined up or displayed on a shelf, even just a few together have a lot of unique looks. Honestly the white Xeno they released looks GREAT displayed with almost any other xenos.

The McQuarie designs are awesome, but they're so far removed, to me they're stand-ins for EU characters basically.

Reaction score
Got the first 6 figures from the 40th wave in pre order and waiting for the last 3 to go live. Have the Ultimate Big Chap on PO too (Still not made his way across the pond yet). Dont own any of the previous 'Alien' figures from NECA so really looking forward to adding these to the rest of my Aliens collection!

Reaction score
Shoot, you’re right! The new chest burster’s mouth is open, and wasn’t in the last one, if I remember correctly? I’m not near my shelves to be able to check :unsure:
This new Ultimate Big Chap's accessories are all brand new since they're based on the designs from the first film. The many many eggs, facehuggers, and chestbursters that NECA has given us in the past have been based on the designs from the 2nd film.

Got the first 6 figures from the 40th wave in pre order and waiting for the last 3 to go live.
Here in the US, the first 3 are only available through Target (which hasn't listed them for online order yet), and the final 3 are planned to be exclusive to Walmart. I'm curious - where did you order yours from? For me, ordering Ash, Kane, and the yet-to-be-known final figure from an overseas vendor may actually be the only reliable option, since Walmarts around me are nothing short of awful.

Reaction score
Aw man, WM exclusives? That's a nasty word to me and I really want that new Kane!

Also, I received the Kenner tribute Drake and Apone in the mail today. They definitely bring back those 90s cheese vibes, I can't wait until they do Bishop!

Reaction score
This new Ultimate Big Chap's accessories are all brand new since they're based on the designs from the first film. The many many eggs, facehuggers, and chestbursters that NECA has given us in the past have been based on the designs from the 2nd film.

Here in the US, the first 3 are only available through Target (which hasn't listed them for online order yet), and the final 3 are planned to be exclusive to Walmart. I'm curious - where did you order yours from? For me, ordering Ash, Kane, and the yet-to-be-known final figure from an overseas vendor may actually be the only reliable option, since Walmarts around me are nothing short of awful.
I'm in UK mate. Both sets are up for preorder at Toys in the Attic

Reaction score
Are any of you guys seeing the Rhino Alien at your Targets? And for extra credit, would you happen to have the DPCI?

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Hmmm, good point. I'm very aware of the xeno differences, but didn't consider those of the organic accessories (which are probably small but definite differences).

Reaction score
I found mine at Target about a month ago. If the DPCI (if that's found under the barcode) is 6-34482-51692-8

Reaction score
I picked up 40th Ripley at Target just now. I wasn't going to get her but I had $13 worth of Target credit so I basically bought her for the accessories. I'm not sure I'm sold on this new headsculpt.

I couldn't tell from the package if the prototype xeno has the new knee and elbow joints or not. I have the first one but I'm a sucker for Big chap variants and may end up getting it anyways. But it has to have the new joints!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I couldn't tell from the package if the prototype xeno has the new knee and elbow joints or not. I have the first one but I'm a sucker for Big chap variants and may end up getting it anyways. But it has to have the new joints!
I thought the Prototype Xeno was advertised as having the new joints. I think they ambiguously used "new sculpt!" in all the descriptions.

Reaction score
I picked up 40th Ripley at Target just now. I wasn't going to get her but I had $13 worth of Target credit so I basically bought her for the accessories. I'm not sure I'm sold on this new headsculpt.

I’m glad somebody’s Target has NECA merchandisers stocking new items. One of my two has no section anymore and the one that does is a wasteland.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Dammit, now I need to stop by Target...thanks! ;) But seriously, good to know these are hitting. I really want Ripley and Dallas, as I missed out on the first releases.

Reaction score
Dammit, now I need to stop by Target...thanks! ;) But seriously, good to know these are hitting. I really want Ripley and Dallas, as I missed out on the first releases.
Well thanks for the report on these showing up at Target. I've been doing my best to keep out of stores, but had to stop by Lowes to pick up some stuff to repair my fence (before the HOA sends the SWAT team to my house) and stopped by the Target next door and they had a bunch! Was able to cherry pick a Ripley and Dallas :D , both of which my wife put away for my birthday next week :(.

I'm not impressed by Ripley's sculpt, I wish they had just applied the photoreal to the old sculpt but, I didn't have the original. Dallas looks good. I must say, even though I am an opener and don't really care, the packaging on these seems pretty flimsy. They were all dented and or had tears and it just seems pretty thin and cheap.

Reaction score
The first wave of 40th figures slipped out without me noticing, especially with not being to get out to the shops for the last few months. Which is annoying, because I need to replace my old Ripley (my last one lost her head, hands and feet after an unnoticed shelf dive which led to her being found by our dog first..... nom nom nom 😩😭).
But now she's sold out everywhere....

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not sure if I missed the boat or they just haven't hit in my area. I would expect to at least see one proto big chap sitting around indicating they've hit. But, I've seen zero at any Targets around me. Target around me are usually pretty good at having a decent stock for the most part. I've not had much trouble finding any of the characters I want like T2 Arnold and Jungle Predator.

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not sure if I missed the boat or they just haven't hit in my area. I would expect to at least see one proto big chap sitting around indicating they've hit. But, I've seen zero at any Targets around me. Target around me are usually pretty good at having a decent stock for the most part. I've not had much trouble finding any of the characters I want like T2 Arnold and Jungle Predator.
Mine have been a sea of Godzilla...not much else.

Reaction score
Mine have been a sea of Godzilla...not much else.
I know what you mean. I collect Godzilla Neca and I even feel it's way too much. I want/have the classic 1954, classic Godzilla v. Mothra, Godzilla vs. King Kong, and King of the Monsters. I really have no desire for any of the other versions. I wish they started doing the classic enemy monsters to pair up with all the Godzilla's they've done to date.

Reaction score
Yeah, I’ve seen the evidence on Twitter. Maybe the up side is more Alien/Predator product will be filtering in. This am I noticed a lot less Gojira.
I love Aliens, I just hope they've got more ready to go after they get through these 40th anniversary releases. Now that Dark Horse isn't gonna be putting out any more Aliens comics, I doubt we'll get more from that EU.

Reaction score
My local Target got a couple of the Aliens Xenomorphs Ultimate Editions. I picked one up. It's similar to the Big Chap as it comes with an egg, face hugger, and chest burster. Both were the "brown" variety as opposed to the one with "blue" highlights. Not sure what comes in that case, but they also had some Predator Ultimate Jungle Hunter figures that were not there last week. I'm just glad to see new stuff rolling in. It gives me hope that I will find some of the Alien 40th figures. 🤞

Reaction score
I managed to find a Dallas and Prototype Xenomorph. Boxes were pretty beat up, but I felt lucky just to find them at all. Picked up Dallas without hesitation.

They also had Drake from the Kenner inspired series, but I already have him in my pile of loot at BBTS.

I noticed brown Ultimate Aliens Xenomorph us making the rounds at most Targets in my area. Ditto for Ultimate Jungle Hunter Predator.

Reaction score
I've been looking for the target Ripley for 5 weeks now and have not seen a trace of the wave at all.