NECA - Prometheus / Alien franchise

Reaction score
A local comic store. I check the NECA section when I go to Target, but yeah, they stock it so poorly that I don't make special trips anymore...
The Targets in my area seem to have a decent amount of stock, just nothing I'm ever interested in. It's great if one is into the horror figures, though.

Reaction score
Resurrection Queen looks fantastic! Got my Alien 3 creature pack on the way and the Resurrection Alien warrior

Reaction score
I caved and ordered the Newborn and Resurrection Warrior from an online dealer. He must have given me a slight deal because the total was barely above retail.
I got tired of waiting on my LCS to get the Newborn though they already received Ripley and the Warrior...

Reaction score
Isn't that xeno great? I'm not fond of the movie but that's probably the best quality xenos they've done!

Ripley isn't great, she looks like Glenn Danzig...

Last edited:
Reaction score
I saw Ripley, and actually said "yikes" out loud - spotted the xeno too, pretty cool, but looks fragile. Haven't seen the Newborn, as that's the one I'm considering buying, but aren't they $28-30? Its cool this line is continuing, but I may appreciate from afar, and stick with what I have.

Reaction score
Yeah, I think Newborn was $30. That one is a little disappointing though, it HAS to have that stand because it can't stand on its own.

Reaction score
Isn't that xeno great? I'm not fond of the movie but that's probably the best quality xenos they've done!

Ripley isn't great, she looks like Glenn Danzig...
Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised at just how fantastic that Resurrection xeno is.

The likeness on Ripley 8 isn't the greatest but I do like the figure overall. The basketball is a nice touch. I wonder if they have any other Resurrection characters planned.

Utinniii

Reaction score
Not Neca, but I thought you might appreciate this figure. (Reaction Alien for scale).

Last edited:
Reaction score
Nope. At least nothing of the sort has been announced. Shortly before New York Comic Con, Randy did respond to an Alien 40th related comment on twitter, explaining that no ALIEN(s) items would be shown at NYCC due to splitting booth space with Kid Robot, but that they'd have some new reveals to share 'later this fall'. Prior comments on twitter and at the fan meetup last summer give reason to expect that we'll also be seeing an 'upgraded' Ripley and an electronic corridor diorama for the ALIEN 40th line.

True that ALIEN's 40th anniversary year is almost over, but I think most of NECA's recent 'anniversary lines' have extended into the following year, so even if we don't get Parker and Brett this year, I'm sure they'll release in the near future.

Reaction score
I scored the "Big Chap" Ultimate Edition today at Target! First NECA figure I've gotten in what seems like forever. I almost put it back on the shelf because I didn't want to wait in the line of Doom Preppers buying up all of the toilet paper and bottled water :rolleyes:

Reaction score
I just got that one yesterday! Man, I have so many versions of Big Chap, I can't resist it...

Those new elbows and knees are great! The paint job is new and different, too.

Reaction score
I found the ultimate big chap last weekend at Target, but unfortunately ran into QC issues with both they had on the shelf so they had to be returned. I'll just have to wait until they get more.

Reaction score
I'm a little confused with the ultimate big chap. Is there a 40th anniversary release and just a regular release? The one I got doesn't say "40th anniversary" on the packaging anywhere. Is there any difference between the two? I'm an opener, so it really doesn't matter...just curious.

Reaction score
There's only one ultimate big chap release that I'm aware of, and it makes no mention of the anniversary. The 40th anniversary line coming later this year is a separate thing. There will be a bloody version of the big chap in wave 2, not an ultimate.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
I just got that one yesterday! Man, I have so many versions of Big Chap, I can't resist it...

Those new elbows and knees are great! The paint job is new and different, too.
Yeah, if I didn't already have the McFarlane and one of the earlier NECAs, I'd get it. I'm sure it's considerably better, but at $25 plus, I don't think enough. I do like the more brownish color over the dark blue. I wish there was a trade-in option like with cars... :sneaky:

Reaction score
I currently have mine as close to that Sideshow "Internecivus Raptus" statue as I can get it, couldn't do that with the old version's elbows. I can't get the tail to wrap around that nicely, though!

Reaction score
I don't own there ultimate big chap, but NECA has made some pretty great improvements on the articulation on their xenos and humans. Having that extra knee/elbow joint masks a huge difference, and overall it just seems like they're being smarter about the Xeno articulation, cutting out some of the redundancy (the old bicep swivel) and making them sturdier overall.

My collection is more Aliens focused and I'm wondering if they're gonna have anything else to offer on that end of things.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
That Ultimate version is a beaut, but I'll wait for the blood-splattered one for cheaper. I definitely don't need another open egg, facehugger, or chestburster.

Last edited:

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Of course, hopefully it is the same version, just with the blood splatter LOL

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Shoot, you’re right! The new chest burster’s mouth is open, and wasn’t in the last one, if I remember correctly? I’m not near my shelves to be able to check :unsure:

Reaction score
Yeah, it's mouth is open wider and it's arms are different. The facehugger is a little slimmer and in a more relaxed pose. The underside is painted, too. Almost as if to recreate the dissection scene!

Reaction score
Excited for these. I've got a bunch of Alens figures, but the only figure I have from the original Alien is the Big Chap. Really want to get at least Ripley, but I am down for any of the Nostromo crew.

Reaction score
I may pass on the prototype and Dallas since I got the original release...but yes to E. Ripley. I’m the most excited about Series 2.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
I think I'm skipping this first wave, having Dallas and the first Ripley (the same one in your second pic, jedisquared), but it's tempting to get that better Ripley face, new Jonesy pose, motion sensor, and cat carrier. I think the carrier comes in a later wave again with somebody else too?

Edit: personally never felt the appeal of prototype figures; I always viewed them as rejected designs and was usually not aware of them until many years after the film or other license.

Reaction score
I think I'm skipping this first wave, having Dallas and the first Ripley (the same one in your second pic, jedisquared), but it's tempting to get that better Ripley face, new Jonesy pose, motion sensor, and cat carrier. I think the carrier comes in a later wave again with somebody else too?

Edit: personally never felt the appeal of prototype figures; I always viewed them as rejected designs and was usually not aware of them until many years after the film or other license.
I'm not sure if you know because the wording is confusing on the package but the prototype Xeno isn't supposed to be a figure prototype, but the original suit prototype, because Ridley Scott (or possibly Giger's) original idea for the suit in the movie was the be translucent, but it didn't show up well on camera and that's what the figure is of. Not trying to come off like a know-it-all, so sorry if that does.

Coincidentally that's probably the only figure I'll get from this wave (i passed on it the first time it was released). Possibly a Ripley if i see her on sale.