NECA - Prometheus / Alien franchise

Reaction score
I'm not the biggest A:R fan, bu my I actually dig the way the newborn looks. The xeno from that wave looks like a really cool figure too, so I expect I'll be picking both of them up, but I don't plan on preordering them (which was the only way I was able to get a few figures from recent waves).

Reaction score
Randy said some more 40th Anniversary announcements forthcoming at SDCC for Alien. They showed prototype of Parker.
Yes, absolutely! While the newly announced 5 POA stuff won't interest me, I'll continue to pick up any creature or character in the realistic/main line that NECA makes from the first 3 films. There's no way I can pass on Parker or any other humans (whether new, variant outfit, retooled, or otherwise improved) that might be released in their 40th anniversary collection, and the same of course goes for any future Marines. And if they happen to make more humans from Alien3 or Ripley in an alternate outfit? Yup, I'd be all over those too!
Unfortunately I think that Parker figure is in a different scale.

https://news.toyark.com/2019/02/16/toy-fair-2019-neca-aliens-and-predator-333742

He looks huge next to that 5 POA Predator that's supposed to be 5.5".

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yup! They've been revealing certain figures this way at least since the launch of their Terminator line way back in... 2009?

I think the reason some figures are shown in the larger scale while others are shown at their actual size is simply because those smaller versions are a step or two further along in the production process. Starting off with a larger scale - which they call 2ups because they're scaled 2x larger than actual size - allows their sculptors to work more detail into the sculpts. Then, after casting a mold of the 2up, there's some kind of silicone solvent that allows them to shrink the mold down to the figure's final production scale.

A secondary benefit of sculpting in the larger scale is that they can then easily produce the larger version of the figure if sales and demand of the smaller figure give enough incentive for them to do so, which is what we're currently seeing w/ their Pennywise and Michael Myers figures.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well that's good to know about Parker. I'm familiar with 2ups, but I guess I didn't really remember NECA showing them like this in the past. In any case, now I'm looking forward to adding him to my Alien shelf. I really hope they get around to the rest of the crew in their regular outfits.

Reaction score
Just hope that the actors allow them to do. I still hope they get somehow around and give us a movie Apone, Drake and the rest of the marines sometime.
Dont care about them doing the Kenner versions, I want movie versions

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is the 40th Anniversary of Alien, so it will probably be more about Parker, Brett, Kane, Ash than Aliens Marines.
Just hope that the actors allow them to do. I still hope they get somehow around and give us a movie Apone, Drake and the rest of the marines sometime.

Reaction score
Was there an issue with John Hurt's likeness at some point? Isn't that why he was only released with a facehugger on his head? And I believe the Re-action Kane figures don't use Hurt's face on the cards. Beyond that, Weaver's obviously not a problem. Skerritt, Cartwright, and Kotto are in the clear. Do we know what the status is with Stanton and Holm?

Reaction score
Was there an issue with John Hurt's likeness at some point? Isn't that why he was only released with a facehugger on his head? And I believe the Re-action Kane figures don't use Hurt's face on the cards. Beyond that, Weaver's obviously not a problem. Skerritt, Cartwright, and Kotto are in the clear. Do we know what the status is with Stanton and Holm?
For what it's worth, the card for the ReAction Ash figure did not have Ian Holm's image on it either. It used a photo of the Alien.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I believe at the time the reaction figures came out, the line was that there were no rights to Holm's likeness for anyone.

Neca is limited on how many different expressions for Weaver they can use.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Stanton has passed...hard to say on that one. May come down to his family & lawyers.

Reaction score
So is it safe to say that we're really not sure where things stand with Hurt, Holm, and Stanton? And I would imagine Al Matthews falls into that category as well.

Reaction score
So is it safe to say that we're really not sure where things stand with Hurt, Holm, and Stanton? And I would imagine Al Matthews falls into that category as well.
I *think* for Hurt, Stanton, and Matthews, discussions now go to the Executors of their Estates.

I took the Kenner Apone basically as a concession on Neca's part that a movie Alone wasn't coming. I think there's still hope for Drake for a few reasons. Mark Ralston seemed up for it when he was asked about it on Twitter. I think they ran with production on the Kenner version before that though, and since there was a big delay and basically no alien figures released in over a year, they may have began production on that, but didn't want to show it off before the stuff they showed a year ago was made available yet. At least, that's what I'm hoping.

Reaction score
I *think* for Hurt, Stanton, and Matthews, discussions now go to the Executors of their Estates.

I took the Kenner Apone basically as a concession on Neca's part that a movie Alone wasn't coming. I think there's still hope for Drake for a few reasons. Mark Ralston seemed up for it when he was asked about it on Twitter. I think they ran with production on the Kenner version before that though, and since there was a big delay and basically no alien figures released in over a year, they may have began production on that, but didn't want to show it off before the stuff they showed a year ago was made available yet. At least, that's what I'm hoping.
I wonder what the realities are of NECA repurposing the Kenner Apone head for a movie version figure if they can't get clearance from Matthews' estate. I know he's wearing a backwards hat so it might be too difficult from a technical standpoint to even bother, but legally speaking, I wonder if they could do it? It obviously wouldn't be screen accurate, but it might be a passable plan B. Honestly, as much as I would like to eventually get all of the Marines, at this point I'd be happy with Apone, Drake, and Gorman.

Reaction score
I would even take generic marines with interchangeable heads. Medic, Smart Gunner, Infantry, Pilot, etc

Reaction score
I've always been more into the xenos than humans for figures and I think the marines are built on terrible molds so I'm fine with no more marines. I'd be more interested in their Kenner looks. But I really NEED an accurate Kane!

Reaction score
Space suited(EVA) or Nostromo fatigues?
I've always been more into the xenos than humans for figures and I think the marines are built on terrible molds so I'm fine with no more marines. I'd be more interested in their Kenner looks. But I really NEED an accurate Kane!

Reaction score
I would even take generic marines with interchangeable heads. Medic, Smart Gunner, Infantry, Pilot, etc
I WISH they would do something like this. I was always hopeful that one day we'd get a generic enough marine loaded up with gear and they'd say it was the Rookie marine from the 2010 avp game.

I'd also be VERY up for any marines from the Colonial Marines game. Apart from giving the Sgt and cybernetic leg, they'd pretty much just be kitbashes with new headsculpts, but I'd be fine with that. I feel like if they're going to keep producing humans for the line, they're gonna start getting into this type of territory.

As far as using the Kenner head on a movie accurate Apone body, I think they could, but I doubt they would for the fact that it isn't an accurate likeness. Randy made a comment to the extent of movie/source accuracy being their 'thing' and they wouldn't get too far away from that with any of their lines.

Reaction score
Got these today finally! (UK)

I'm a sucker for the Retro packing so these will be staying in the blister packs nice and mint!

Reaction score
I'd recommend buying an extra Snake to open... I wasn't really looking forward to this one but it's way too cool in hand...
Yeah, I watched a couple of reviews. The amount of articulation on this thing is insane! All 3 figures are absolute quality from NECA- Really impressed!

Reaction score
Awesome pieces :) :)

I remember getting the original Kenner Scorpion back then. I really loved the "exploding" feature. Would have been awesome if NECA included that too ;)

Reaction score
I'd recommend buying an extra Snake to open... I wasn't really looking forward to this one but it's way too cool in hand...
This was the one I was excited for the least. I opened him and it is an amazing figure. The detail on the mouth and the articulation on the frill is on another level.

Also, after getting the Scorpion alien displayed near the other regular warriors, the Scorpion just looks SO much cooler. The detail on him is also something that you can really examine and appreciate.

I kept Apone packaged because of nostalgia (i also have a kenner Ripley and Vasquez packaged too). Gotta find another Apone to open.

Reaction score
Happy Alien Day! Just watched 40th Anniversary shorts Alone & Harvest, plus Sigourney’s greeting to the fans...she looks great!

Reaction score
Have my Alien Resurrection Queen on the way. Really looking forward to adding a Queen to my collection as i have been unable to get the others here in UK