NECA - Prometheus / Alien franchise

Reaction score
I keep wanting to preorder those and the next kenner wave. Ice been trying to slow down on sending, and I know bbts doesn't charge until they ship, so I have the feeling as soon as I order, they're going to get them in stock and ship!

Reaction score
His latest batch of tweets promise that all planned releases are still coming - I specifically remember him saying that the ultimate xenos should ship sometime in June
Thanks so much for relaying that info. I've had this guy on pre-order since I heard TRU was closing but BBTS keeps moving the estimated arrival date every month. Good to know it's still coming. Thanks again.

Reaction score
Their twittter account was uncommonly silent for a very long time. Just last week though, Randy (Director of Product Development at NECA) returned in full force to give some updates and answer questions. He had previously stated that factory troubles were the cause for the delays of so many planned releases. His latest batch of tweets promise that all planned releases are still coming - I specifically remember him saying that the ultimate xenos should ship sometime in June - and he revealed that NECA has been busy securing new licenses and gaining (at least?) one major new retail partner. For Cinemachines, he said there will be more released to coincide with ALIEN's 40th anniversary next year, so I'd assume that means the Nostromo is still happening.
Great news - thanks for the update. Around me, some of the Cinemachines flew off the shelves, others gathered dust. With TRU likely vanishing, I wonder if NECA will have a retail presence? I'd love to see their products at Target.

Reaction score
According to Randy/their Twitter over the weekend, they are in talks with a retailer.

Same story by me as far as the cinemachines.

Reaction score
Still waiting for the Cinemachines Sulcao to show up. As far as I think that line is a slower, I hope they keep it fir a while and also offer the Prometheus and the Covenant. Would love to have all the franchise big ships

EDIT: AR's Betty would be awesome too ;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Still waiting for the Cinemachines Sulcao to show up. As far as I think that line is a slower, I hope they keep it fir a while and also offer the Prometheus and the Covenant. Would love to have all the franchise big ships

EDIT: AR's Betty would be awesome too ;)
That would be fantastic - I'd love to see the Prometheus most of all. From the promo images, the Sulaco, Nostromo, and Hadley's Hope ground vehicle all look great - hope they make it out.

Reaction score
[NECA's] latest batch of tweets promise that all planned releases are still coming - I specifically remember [NECA] saying that the ultimate xenos should ship sometime in June
Thanks so much for relaying that info.
Great news - thanks for the update.
Well, as June is now come and gone, my prior report obviously did not hold true.
Latest word from Randy on twitter regarding release dates for new Alien and Predator figures (aside from the Preds associated with the new movie) is "before end of year is best i can say at this time" as seen in this tweet earlier today. :\

Reaction score
I don't think that's necessarily the case because they've been pumping out Freddys and Jason's like crazy.

They showed off the new movie Predator and said he's coming this summer. I think the delay in releases caused the delay in previews of future waves, personally.

Reaction score
The loss of TRU is probably having a bigger impact than NECA will admit. Even if they get new products out, what is their primary channel for release - ebay? I really want to see those Cinemachines, but at this point, I'm assuming they wont be released, because correct me if I'm wrong, but they haven't mentioned the line since last year during the Blade Runner release...

Reaction score
I think it's the whole TRU thing and maybe something to do with licensing. Or maybe someone hadn't been properly handling the financial end of the company. I feel like 3/4 Of what has come out this year has been repacks/re-releases. Just go look at their calendar for the next couple of months.

Reaction score
Well, as June is now come and gone, my prior report obviously did not hold true.
Latest word from Randy on twitter regarding release dates for new Alien and Predator figures (aside from the Preds associated with the new movie) is "before end of year is best i can say at this time" as seen in this tweet earlier today. :\
Either way I appreciate the updates. Just the fact this is still on NECA's radar, at least for now, gives me some hope that stuff is still on the way.

Reaction score
First shots of NECA's SDCC booth are trickling in, and they reveal a Kenner version of Drake + all 3 figures from the Resurrection wave. These are being shown alongside the Ultimate Xenos, the three previously seen Kenner wave 13 figures, and the AvP Arcade Xenos - so yes, all of those yet-to-be-released figures are still apparently in the pipeline, though I'm not seeing any Release Date placards as have been typical in NECA's past displays.

Also of note: NECA toys will soon be available at Target!

Reaction score
with the Kenner Tribute line almost through they are starting to run out of options. They really need to get into harder negotiations to give us the remaining movie marines

Reaction score
They've still got Hicks, Hudson, Bishop, O'Malley, and ATAX for the kenner marines. Oddly, I have the feeling bishop would be the least likeliest of all of them. I think Randy has eluded to ATAX and O'Malley a few years ago on Twitter, but that could have changed. He also expressed a willingness in Marines from the Colonial Marines game. They could also dip into the comic pool, since they've included the Engineer gun with Ultimate Ahab. And with the alternate Alien 3 comic coming out this year, that may open some options up too.

Reaction score
I think we’ll be seeing the real Drake in the not to distant future, Randy said they were in discussion with the likeness rights for him.

Reaction score
I hope so. While I'd like to get the other Marines as well, I'd be satisfied with Drake if he were the last one we got.

Reaction score
I hope so. While I'd like to get the other Marines as well, I'd be satisfied with Drake if he were the last one we got.

Now THAT would be way awesome. I hope they still try to get Apone actor to chanfe his mind.
How about Wierzbowski ? That actor died if I remember right.
Besides those three I would love to see Ferrow done. A pilot would be a great addition between all the firearm-wielders

Reaction score
First shots of NECA's SDCC booth are trickling in, and they reveal a Kenner version of Drake + all 3 figures from the Resurrection wave. These are being shown alongside the Ultimate Xenos, the three previously seen Kenner wave 13 figures, and the AvP Arcade Xenos - so yes, all of those yet-to-be-released figures are still apparently in the pipeline, though I'm not seeing any Release Date placards as have been typical in NECA's past displays.

Also of note: NECA toys will soon be available at Target!
Sounds like Target will make # in that specialty section back by Electronics...ala Stranger Things, etc.

Reaction score
The Queen is getting re-released and is available for preorder. So are ultimate City Hunter and Jungle Hunter predators.

Reaction score
:( Seems we've been losing ALIEN/S actors one after the other these past couple years. Trevor Steedman, Bill Paxton, John Hurt, and now Al Mathews. RIP to all.

On a positive note, the Ultimate Alien Warrior assortment has finally appeared on NECA's shipping calendar. Scheduled to ship October 29th, so we'll likely be seeing these xenos around mid-November. Also shipping at the end of October is Predator series 18, with fan favorites Machiko and Broken Tusk.

Reaction score
:( Seems we've been losing ALIEN/S actors one after the other these past couple years. Trevor Steedman, Bill Paxton, John Hurt, and now Al Mathews. RIP to all.

On a positive note, the Ultimate Alien Warrior assortment has finally appeared on NECA's shipping calendar. Scheduled to ship October 29th, so we'll likely be seeing these xenos around mid-November. Also shipping at the end of October is Predator series 18, with fan favorites Machiko and Broken Tusk.
Sadly, Harry Dean Stanton as well.

Reaction score

I haven't been paying much attention to the line, the last item I saw was the Hadley's Hope set before TRU closed. I haven't seen anything Alien related at Target yet. The "Ultimate Alien Warrior assortment" are just repacks they previewed a year ago, right? Did series 13 with the arcade Aliens make it out? What I'm waiting for is series 14 with the Resurrection aliens - but those are still TBA, right?

Reaction score
The arcade aliens series and the kenner series (apone, scorpion, snake) are both up for preorder (and have been since June/july). The resurrection series is still TBA.

Reaction score
Looking at the info round up on Toyark, it doesn't look like neca had a booth at nycc. If they did, they definitely didn't reveal anything.

Reaction score
Got an email from BBTS. My Aliens Ultimate Warrior has apparently shipped. I ordered it in March. I wasn't convinced I was ever getting this figure.

Reaction score
Saw solicitation on Alien Resurrection figures & diorama set with dog & queen facehugger.

Reaction score
http://necaonline.com/category/licenses/movies/alien/

NECA has some new galleries up - I've been looking forward to the Newborn from Resurrection, but after seeing the final product...not so sure. The Alien 3 accessory set looks pretty cool, but the queen facehugger and queen burster are technically what..."EU"? I know in the original cut that one bursts from Ripley's chest as she jumps to her death, but the action figure looks huge and has arms & legs.

Looks like they are jumping into 5 POA as well, which is an odd move for them. I haven't bought anything since Alien Covenant, and considering the price hikes and lack of distribution, this might be a jumping off point. Are the rest of you actively collecting the line still?

Reaction score
Glad to see Parker coming later this year from Alien...and other 40th Anniversary surprises forthcoming at SDCC.

Reaction score

Looks like they are jumping into 5 POA as well, which is an odd move for them. I haven't bought anything since Alien Covenant, and considering the price hikes and lack of distribution, this might be a jumping off point. Are the rest of you actively collecting the line still?
I'm collecting the line as actively as I can (series 13 and the arcade series on preorder). I skipped the Covenant stuff because I couldn't stand the movie and the Neomorph didn't exist long enough to be memorable, for me. Allegedly the Batman/Alien pack will be an sdcc exclusive, then available later more widely. I'm curious to see what other humans they put out, if they'll do a Kenner homage Hicks or Bishop and what exactly they would do with them. I'm also wondering what the chances of comic versions of those two are, and if they'll do a Zula Hendricks figure, since fox seems to want to pair her up so badly with Amanda Ripley (Who is getting a big multimedia push these days).

I'm happy to buy their alien stuff, they just have to put it out. The new Kenner line...im gonna wait and see. Those are definitely two odd figures to launch a line with. A little hard to get a feel for their plan for this.

Reaction score
Randy said some more 40th Anniversary announcements forthcoming at SDCC for Alien. They showed prototype of Parker.

Reaction score
Are the rest of you actively collecting the line still?
Yes, absolutely! While the newly announced 5 POA stuff won't interest me, I'll continue to pick up any creature or character in the realistic/main line that NECA makes from the first 3 films. There's no way I can pass on Parker or any other humans (whether new, variant outfit, retooled, or otherwise improved) that might be released in their 40th anniversary collection, and the same of course goes for any future Marines. And if they happen to make more humans from Alien3 or Ripley in an alternate outfit? Yup, I'd be all over those too!

Last edited: