NECA - Prometheus / Alien franchise

Reaction score
I dont plan on collecting any figures at the moment - but I'd love for NECA to do the Prometheus itself - perhaps Action Fleet size in the same type of figure packaging...
Yeah, I'd be game for that as well.

Reaction score
Saw the movie Sat. afternoon, it was great. Still, I don't see a whole lot NECA can do, figures-wise, unless they do a bunch of the scientists/Prometheus crew. Would be a little boring, I think. Other than the 2 pics released, here's what else I would like in figure form.

SPOILER ALERT-sorry, don't know how to hide text:

- Engineer from the beginning in swim trunks and hooded bathrobe
- Mutated Fifield
- The Sharktopus Alien from the end
- Pointy head Alien that bursts out of the Engineer
- Holo Engineer (like the NECA clear Predators)
- And, this is a big stretch, but I still would like a full scale (in scale with the figures, that is) Space Jockey chair, base and Giger-esque backdrop...I once had started planning to make one when the McF Alien first came out, but it would've taken up too much room and time to build.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The Engineer (early prototype, obviously) with Evil Dead Ash for scale comparison:

Looks like it will be perfectly in scale with any human scientists or androids that NECA might choose to make.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Great! I was worried about that. Can't wait!

I'd also take a full chair setup but I don't see them doing that!

I'm guessing Series 2 will be a damaged 'pressure suit' Engineer and Protoalien...

Reaction score
I think other than a possible battle damage Engineer, the most likely candidates would be Shaw and David. On the plus side, anyone that's seen the movie can guess what kind of David variant we'd be getting.

Reaction score
I'd take David or a 'flipped out' Fifield, but NECA isn't so big on making humans figs. They pretty much stay with making the monster bad guys!

I mean, look how long it's taking them to produce a Hicks from ALIENS or Kyle Reese from THE TERMINATOR...

Reaction score
Fortunately, David isn't human... and 'flipped out' Fifield could possibly be considered somewhat inhuman as well - especially if he were to have extra articulation to achieve that one yoga pose of his. :)

Reaction score
I want a full chair set-up as well just adds to the coolness. Alas NECA doesn't do stuff like that :(

Reaction score
I'd take David or a 'flipped out' Fifield, but NECA isn't so big on making humans figs. They pretty much stay with making the monster bad guys!

I mean, look how long it's taking them to produce a Hicks from ALIENS or Kyle Reese from THE TERMINATOR...
I was actually hoping for a Ripley before Hicks - I wanted to make a Ripley v. Alien Queen diorama, but it never happened so I sold my Alien Queen boxed set ... If they ever make Ripley, I'll buy another.

Reaction score
I've read a few places (someone might have even mentioned it earlier in this thread) that Sigourney Weaver doesn't authorize her likeness for anything and that's why Ripley figures never look like her.I'm not sure if that's true or not and it would make the Dana Ghostbusters figure something of an anomaly. If that is the case, I can imagine NECA or anyone else just not even bothering if they were gonna shoot for a dead-on likeness.

I think Ripley would be anyone's first choice for a human from the Alien franchise.

Reaction score
That's true...it's been discussed alot since many, like myself, have wished for her(as Ripley) in the spacesuit from the Alien finale. I know Halcyon, the model company, had to donate partial proceeds to her gorilla fund, just to get her likeness on the power loader model box art.

Last edited:
Reaction score
:eek:
Whoa! Thanks for posting that photo, Cloned_By_Hasbro! Sign me up for the suited Engineer, the Deacon Alien, and David.

I hope this isn't the full extent of the line, but aside from Elizabeth and maybe a few other Pronetheus crew members, I can't think of anything else NECA could make.

P.S. Is that supposed to be one of the mutated snakes behind David's severed head?

Reaction score
According to NECA, Shaw and Vickers are being sculpted now for a 2013 Series 3 release. I think I actually want everything in that picture.

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out what's going on there....in another pic there's a card that says "Engineer vs. Trilobite 2 pack" in front of the Trilobite and Lil' Alien, and then there's another Engineer figure on the far right of the case, looks to be screaming/in decaying form (with a card that just says "Prometheus 2013'). Anyone hear who's going where? I'm thinking the 2 pack is the Trilobite and Lil' Alien, with the fossilized helmet and head of the Engineer accessories (a la the skulls in their Alien and Predator 2 packs). The Decaying Engineer is probably a single carded release somewhere down the line. Whatever, I want them all.

Reaction score
OK, yeah, NECA is just too awesome! Now I really hope to see them make ALL the marines from the hive scene. Wonder if Hudson (and Hicks) will include multiple head sculpts? 'Cause if so, I just might hafta buy multiples!

Reaction score
Buying Hudson. No question.

Question: Do they have license for the original ALIEN? Because I would love to see to see some Nostromo crew members in those Moebius suits.

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they still have the license to do the actual Alien, but don't know about any of the other characters. I THINK someone asked them about it on Twitter a while back and NECA responded that they weren't pursuing any of the actor's likenesses as they probably wouldn't sell. Can't quite remember if this question was for the first Alien movie or some other property.

Personally, I'd love to get the whole human crew in NECA style/scale. I have the old Aoshima Space-Suited generic figure (the face slightly looks like Kane, but I believe it just says "Nostromo Astronaut" on the box) from about 10 years ago, it's cool but a bit out of scale (too short) for any of the current Alien figures.

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they still have the license to do the actual Alien, but don't know about any of the other characters. I THINK someone asked them about it on Twitter a while back and NECA responded that they weren't pursuing any of the actor's likenesses as they probably wouldn't sell. Can't quite remember if this question was for the first Alien movie or some other property.

Personally, I'd love to get the whole human crew in NECA style/scale. I have the old Aoshima Space-Suited generic figure (the face slightly looks like Kane, but I believe it just says "Nostromo Astronaut" on the box) from about 10 years ago, it's cool but a bit out of scale (too short) for any of the current Alien figures.
I'm surprised they think they wouldn't sell. I don't think the crew as seen on ship would do great business, but the Moebius suits are fantastic. I almost bought those Hot Toys/Sideshow 12" figures of Kane and Dallas a few back. Had them pre-ordered and everything, but had to pull the plug.

Reaction score
I'm really impressed, all the Prometheus figures look great. I'd love to see the Trilobite and Proto Xenomorph in a 2-pack, thats something I'd buy. Great to hear Shaw and Vickers are coming as well. I didnt think I'd buy into this line, but it might be hard not to...

Reaction score
I'm surprised they think they wouldn't sell. I don't think the crew as seen on ship would do great business, but the Moebius suits are fantastic. I almost bought those Hot Toys/Sideshow 12" figures of Kane and Dallas a few back. Had them pre-ordered and everything, but had to pull the plug.
Ripley would sell. Especially if she came with the flamethrower, Jones and his cage. Ash would sell, especially with a bunch of alternate parts. Spacesuits would sell. Face-hugged Kane would sell. Chest-bursted Kane would sell. Parker, with some big gun and maybe the baby alien, would sell.

Also, that Hudson looks amaaaaazing. Really hoping the final piece is just as good. But he won't look perfect until I get some alien looming over him.

Reaction score
Hudson does look great. I know they're taking really small steps with the Marines, but I'm hoping we at least get Vasquez and Sgt. Apone along with Hicks and Hudson. I know there's tons of people who'd buy every single Marine from the movie, but I think realistically, these four would all be sellers.

Reaction score
I'd probably only buy Ripley and Hicks, I'm not the biggest Aliens fan ever.

Now the Prometheus stuff is a different story... I'm down for ALL of them! The first wave with the chair suit and pressure suit Engineers are among my most wanted items this year.

Reaction score
In a dream world, they would make a Ripley (even if it doesn't look too much like Sigourney, I could live with it) and Newt and Bishop. I'd buy every single one.

Reaction score
I think I would pass on a Newt. I liked her mostly come out at night..mostly line but every time i hear her scream I get this overwhelming urge to strangle the nearest living thing.

Reaction score
I will definitely be down for both the Aliens line and Prometheus line....those look amazing!

Reaction score
NECA posting a WIP pic of the mutated Fifield from Prometheus series 3 on Twitter, looks cool.

GNT

Reaction score
Very nice, he should turn out well when fully painted.

Reaction score
September can't come soon enough. With all the Hasbro SW and MU eff-ups lately these Prometheus figs have fast become my most wanted items this year...

Reaction score
Hah...I was thinking the same thing, with Hasbro's poor handling/distribution of SW and GI Joe, and Mattel's of their WWE figures, NECA's been getting a lot of my money and attention these last few months. I was a big fan of their's in the past with their Hellraiser, Cult Classics and other movie lines but kind of put them on the back burner for a while until earlier this year when there were little to no SW, Joes or wrestlings figs on the pegs.

GNT

Reaction score
Very nice figure actually, the detail looks spot on.