NECA - Prometheus / Alien franchise

Reaction score
It's been revealed that NECA will be releasing PROMETHEUS figures shortly after the movie's release in December 2013. While it's possible that the movie may be so horrible as to kill all (my) interest in this toy line, I'm hoping for the best!

Also confirmed: A new Alien Warrior (with removal limbs for 'battle damage' effect) & Colonial Marines! Thus far only two Marines are in the works (with Hicks being confirmed as one of them)... but surely if they do well more Marines (and Aliens) will follow? Coinciding with this news, Neca hinted at the possibility of a Queen sometime later, and supposedly figures from other Alien films are in the plans as well!

No photos of any of these toys have been revealed yet, but you know the drill: when they surface, post 'em here!

Reaction score
I collect some of Neca's Nightmare Before Christmas toys, really nice detailed toys. Very fragile though, course aliens are a little meatier than say Jack Skellington. I'm curious to see what they release, more than likely i'll pick a few up.

Reaction score
Oh man, I am totally down with any and all Colonial Marines that they make!

Reaction score
Yeah, Aliens have been freaking me out since childhood...

And I'm really intrigued by Prometheus. The whole concept is pretty neat.

I want a Space Jockey figure!

Reaction score
I'll be down with the marines....got my squad of hot toys....but would like a smaller scale too....
I'm thinking of going the Predator route, too..but have heard numerous problems in quality control....hope things improve...
BTW..can anyone link me to a good site with pics of the Alien/predator and associated series?....I'm w2ay behind..

Reaction score
Awesome news, but if they can make Colonial Marines for the Alien line, I want a Dutch figure for the Predator one.B)

Reaction score
Neca said "Hicks and one other marine to start with". I think it would either be Drake or Hudson. Hudson is a more popular character, but would basically be Hicks with long sleeves and a different head, while a Drake figure would likely be a different sculpt due to the Smart Gun. At the same time, I can't imagine any kind of line figures based off that movie without being quick to have a Ripley figure. Either way, I'm super excited about this news.

Reaction score
Actually, Prometheus is supposed to be released around Memorial Day, with the figures coming later in the year. I'm hoping for a giant Space Jockey diorama/playset in scale with the current Alien figures. Would probably cost like $100+, but I've wanted that in my collection for years. I'm also cool with the Marines, and hopefully we get the crew from Predator. Maybe even Danny Glover and Gary Abusey from Predator 2.

As for the quality regarding NECA's stuff, most of it is pretty good, but still not really intended for tons of rough play. The Alien and Predator figures I have are all pretty sturdy, and much more durable than the McFarlane stuff from years ago. I've had a few stuck joints right out of the package that loosened up with the help of a hair dryer, hot water, some wiggling, and patience. The only real problem were the superthin tusks on Tracker Predator...both tusks on both of the ones I have broke as soon as I removed the figures from the package.

Reaction score
if they were going to go all in on humans from the Predator movies, I'd be down for a Royce figure from Predators.

Reaction score
Alright MonsterMonkey, finally someone that gives a crap about Prometheus!

Reaction score
The trailer looks amazing. This is probably my most anticipated movie of the year. Plus, we might finally get to find out what the hell the Space Jockey was all about.

Reaction score
^^^ as well as awesome Neca figures, I'm hoping we also see some vehicles/starships!!!

:)

Reaction score
Cool man, it just seemed like everyone was talking about Space Marines and not really digging on Prometheus!

Reaction score
If NECA does a Michael Biehn for their Aliens line, than I really hope they do one for the Terminator line, because he is sorely missed there.

Reaction score
I'm super excited for Prometheus!! I don't know that I'll want any figures from it though. After I see the movie I'll have a better idea of that. I grew up watching Aliens and Hicks was my favorite character. The only action figure I have of him is the old Kenner one (which is great and more screen-accurate than most of the others), but a better-sculpted/detailed figure of an icon from my childhood makes me ecstatic!

And NECA is doing a Kyle Reese figure. The CTR front page has an article about NECA figures announced, but not shown. He's one of 'em.

Reaction score
Cool man, it just seemed like everyone was talking about Space Marines and not really digging on Prometheus!
All good! :p Personally-speaking, I'm actually digging Prometheus figures more-so than Aliens figures. As exciting as getting a Marine Hicks figure (which could also pass as a future war-esque custom Kyle Reese figure - even though Neca is doing a 1984 Reese figure, and possibly a future-war Reese as well) and a Ripley figure, I'm super-excited about the prospect of an action figures resembling the characters Michael Fassbender, Charlize Theron, Idris Elba, and Noomie Rapace will play, decked out in their 1970s sci-fi looking costumes/uniforms/spacesuits, etc (and based on what the trailer has already shown, I think Prometheus is gonna be an absolute stand-out movie).

Granted though - a lot of fans have waited an age for 'Aliens' figures, so I won't downplay the excitement of Neca's recent announcements.

For me, the announcement of figures from both movies being made by Neca, is a double win, as they are intrinsically connected and part of the same universe: utterly unable to be separated from each other.

:) The fact Neca is the company handling both movies, is the thing that really has me bouncing off the walls!
I love what they have produced thus far: their Terminator figures are superb, so I feel confident they will deliver top-notch superb figures based on Aliens and Prometheus.

The future is indeed looking bright, not only for movies but for action figures!

:p

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's been revealed that NECA will be releasing PROMETHEUS figures shortly after the movie's release in December 2013.
A year and a half is shortly after film's release?

Neca said "Hicks and one other marine to start with". I think it would either be Drake or Hudson.
NECA is screwing with you all. The second figure will be Wierzbowski. :)

I'd be interested in figures, but not from NECA. I don't collect their stuff....

Ian

Reaction score
NECA is screwing with you all. The second figure will be Wierzbowski. :)

I'd be interested in figures, but not from NECA. I don't collect their stuff....

Ian

Hahahaha and Wave 2 will be Burke and Ferro.

I don't collect any NECA stuff either. The only thing I have is a figure of The Crow that was a gift. Never even opened it. But their Terminator and Predator figures do look really, really good. So if the Aliens and Prometheus stuff continues the trend, I'm certainly on board.

Reaction score
Neca said "Hicks and one other marine to start with". I think it would either be Drake or Hudson. Hudson is a more popular character, but would basically be Hicks with long sleeves and a different head, while a Drake figure would likely be a different sculpt due to the Smart Gun. At the same time, I can't imagine any kind of line figures based off that movie without being quick to have a Ripley figure. Either way, I'm super excited about this news.
I agree. Hudson would be too similar, and since they said one other MARINE to start with, I'm assuming that rules out Ripley. If that's the case, I'm hoping the second figure will be Vasquez.

Reaction score
A year and a half is shortly after film's release?
Oh, um... I meant 'shortly after' relative to the amount of time it's taken us to get quality figures from the other Alien films :)
(Whoops, I guess that was a pretty misleading typo. For some reason, immediately following the information celebration of every Toy Fair, my mental toy-land calendar tends to label any post-SDCC release as 'next year'.)

...I'm hoping the second figure will be Vasquez.
My hope for Marine #2 is on Vasquez as well, and if this line is successful enough, I could totally see NECA making two versions of both her and Hicks. Granted, neither of those character's actors are as popular as Schwarzenegger, but look how far the Terminator line has gone with Schwarzenegger variations. I also wouldn't be surprised if NECA handles the Marines in the same way that they're handling the Predator Lost Tribe and gives us every character from the 'hive infiltration squad' as all but two or three (Vasquez, Drake, and possibly Dietrich) of those characters can be achieved from the same base sculpt. Though if we never do get a Wierzbowski (or Crowe), the squad will make do: I've got both versions of McFarlane's Hicks figure - neither of which adequately resemble Michael Biehn! Wierzbowski and Crowe need backup! Send in the real Marines!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Dang, the more I think about this, the more I realize how potentially awesome this Aliens line of figures could be!

Of the Marines who entered the hive, we've got:
Hicks
Apone
Hudson
Vasquez
Drake
Frost
Dietrich
Crowe
Wierzbowski

Scratch Crowe and Wierzbowski off the list since no one cares about them, fill the empty slots with Ripley since she's bad enough to fill both their boots, and that's 8 characters. Pair them off and include an Alien Warrior with each pair to create four very solid series, releasing them one series per quarter.
But an Alien in each series will get redundant, you say? Give a couple of the Aliens differing degrees of battle damage and/or mix in some cool accessories like eggs (open), eggs (closed), automatic sentry guns (A,B,C,& D), and more eggs(!), and you've got four series full of awesome!

Add to that some deluxe sets like the Alien Queen (with torn-in-half Bishop) and Power Loader Ripley (with Newt) and the series becomes better than awesome!
Do it NECA. Do it!

Reaction score
I agree that Hicks and Vasquez (and their actors) aren't as popular as Schwarzenegger, but I think Hicks is a popular enough character for sci fi fans. I'll buy (almost) any humans they release from the movie, but I'm still a little surprised they said nothing about a Ripley figure. Her character is a pretty iconic character (again, at least in sci fi circles). This is gonna be a fun waiting game - marine #2, hopefully a wave 2...

Reaction score
I wonder if Michael Biehn signed off on likeness rights for the NECA figure? I don't believe he did for the Movie Maniacs version, so we got a very generic looking Corpl. Hicks figure from McFarlane.

Reaction score
I'll pretty much buy all the Marines, Bishop, all the guys from Predator, Danny Glover from Predator 2, some of the characters from Predators. I'll draw the line at Burke....no way am I buying a Paul Reiser figure. But most of all, we need a Ripley from Aliens. Even one step further- a Power Loader to fight the Queen with. The only Ripley figure I have (did they even make any more in this scale?) is the Kenner Alien Resurrection one with the wide legged stance. That line was pretty decent, but the colors on the Aliens bugged me. I repainted the Warrior and Battle Damaged ones in the black/silver color scheme back in the day, they looked much better.

As for Prometheus...I assume the first few figures we'll see are some of the scientists in space suits. Not sure what other...things are in the movie (one giant bald dude can be seen in the trailer during the scene when the Space Jockey gun rises up) but I'm sure they'll look cool.

Reaction score
Not sure what other...things are in the movie (one giant bald dude can be seen in the trailer during the scene when the Space Jockey gun rises up) but I'm sure they'll look cool.
Isn't that giant bald dude... [Possible Spoiler - Highlight to read]: the space jockey itself [Possible Spoiler End]?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've watched the trailer, but I can't seem to catch that part!

I've wanted to know what a living space jockey looks like since I was a little kid that was too scared to watch the movies (but I was still into it from the Kenner toy line, comics, video games, etc.)

Reaction score
If you check out some interviews with Ridley Scott, he sheds some light on a few things. There are definitely non-human characters in the film. And from what I was able to make sense of from all the stuff I've read, it seemed like a bit of a secondary point. Either way, the movie looks fascinating and I have no clue what to really expect. Other than it'll be a good-looking film and probably have an incredibly solid story.

Reaction score
Isn't that giant bald dude... [Possible Spoiler - Highlight to read]: the space jockey itself [Possible Spoiler End]?
I'm thinking so...supposedly there's a few of them in it.

I've watched the trailer, but I can't seem to catch that part!

I've wanted to know what a living space jockey looks like since I was a little kid that was too scared to watch the movies (but I was still into it from the Kenner toy line, comics, video games, etc.)
You see the bald giant guy at around :45 in the trailer, try to freeze frame it. It's right before the Charlize Theron push-up shot:
Prometheus - Official Trailer [TRUE HD] - YouTube

We also see some mutated/infected/impregnated people in the trailer, so I'm sure they'll be plenty of freaky stuff that would look cool translated into action figure form.

Reaction score
The thing in the seat from the first Alien? I can barely see that! It's fossilized remains are more revealing than that!

Man, this movie is gonna be so cool.

Reaction score
@AgentC ::: Watch the trailer in HD, pause during the appropriate segment, and then look to the right side of the frame. But be forewarned, it is most definitely a spoiler, and possibly one you'll wish you hadn't seen as it could result in some mildly pessimistic speculation on the matter for the next three months! Fingers crossed that Ridley gives us another masterpiece!
Be awesome if they were in 3 3/4 inch scale. :D
This would be a dream come true, and would more reasonably allow the possibility of seeing all those larger scale items (such as Power Loader! APC! Queen's nesting chamber! Space Jockey!) that a proper Alien(s) line just can't do without. Prometheus will of course only add to the list of larger-than-human characters/items that a fan might desire to possess in plastic form, but NECA's current business model shows no intention of downsizing the scale for any of their lines. On the occasions when they do offer main characters/creatures in a different scale than their norm, it's always BIGGER - usually (18" or 24"). That being said, McFarlane experimented in the 3 3/4" scale with their Prince Of Persia line, so maybe NECA will one day test the waters in that scale as well? I for one would gladly re-buy any well designed Alien, Predator, and Terminator figures in that scale!

Reaction score
I'm honestly disappointed if the space jockey turns out to look like a human. After a life time of this character being surrounded in mystery that's kind of a let down.

Reaction score
Thanks for the extra info, cloned!

However, I don't think that's a Space Jockey. Looks at 'bald guy' compared to the control chair... he wouldn't look as gigantic!

THESE look more like it to me!

Last edited:
Reaction score
^^^ Those look like the space suits that the 'Space Jockey' wears - in other words, what looks like a fossilised creature in the original Alien movie, may infact be mostly the suit of the creature, left intact long after the creature inside had died. So what you may be seeing in Alien is a closeup of mostly the suit (and not the creature that died inside it).

The bald humanoid creature seen in the trailer looks larger than normal, and may look bigger still in one of those outfits. Another thing: the trailer also shows what looks like the head of the Space Jockey being scanned on an examination table - but my thoughts is that this a helmet, rather than a whole Space Jockey head.

Just speculation, but lots of signs pointing to this...

Reaction score
I think the bald characters are who are being referred to as "engineers" in some interviews and on some sites.

I'm a little surprised no one is really saying much about the Giant Head in the 'Ampule Room'. If I found a room with a giant 30 foot tall head, I'd want to know what it had to say, personally.

Also I would be all over 3 3/4" scale Aliens figures (since I'd probably own a small country before I own even one of those).