NECA - Predator 1, 2 and Predators

Reaction score
I've had to start driving to Annapolis, MD...because my local TRU does not seem to be getting much NECA at all. Upon doing that...I spotted Freddy K's, Nathan Drake, the series 2 die cast vehicles, etc. They had the Aliens Genocide two-pack, but I passed. I picked up the exclusive AvP Thermal Vision xeno(very cool). I wanted the the AvP two-pack, but didn't see it out.

Reaction score
Picked up the new Kenner wave from TRU.com. They're 15% off right now and free shipping. Also, if you were on the fence about the Blade Fighter, it's $15.99 right now online.

Reaction score
Saw the new Kenner figures this evening, but didn't get any because they a shipping as I type from BBTS. They look pretty damn cool.

Reaction score
Did your guys Stalker come with the whip he's shown with in all the promo pics? Mine didn't, and a couple YouTube reviews didn't either (both reviewers didn't notice)...

It bums me out as I think this is supposed to be like the Alien tail wrapped around the left arm of the original Kenner figure...

Reaction score
My Kenner preds showed up today, and I'm blown away by Stalker and Spiked Tail. Stalker looks more like a Hell denizen than a predator, but I love him. Spiked Tail screams steam punk, and is a nice change of pace from all of the reprints. Ghost is meh, but he's cool in his own right.

Reaction score
Ghost is actually my fave out of the bunch. Stalker is my least I'm not really a fan of the GLOW in the dark effect may repaint him? Spike is just crazy looking so much going on with this figure. Neca kills it again with this wave.

Reaction score
Saw all the new Predator figures at TRU...new series plus deluxe Clan leader & concrete jungle, as well as accessory pack. They had them on an island display near Collector Vector.

Reaction score
I received my ToysRus pre-ordered Deluxe Clan Leader last night...first NECA Predator figure I've bought. It was just too cool for me to pass up.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Neca Ultimate City Hunter by scarrviper, on Flickr

Found him at TRU today.

Overall I'm pleased with him.

I've never owned a city hunter before so this new release was perfect for me. You do get your money's worth when it comes to accessories, he's loaded. His joints so far all feel solid and tight, except for his waist which is a little loose because of how the back of his belt was jammed into into it in the packaging. Speaking of belts, I hate how those pieces around his waist float around. It does take some adjusting to get them where you want them.

I will say to watch out when it comes to the paintjob, as they vary. I had to look at all 9 or so that were on the shelf because they were all different. The weathering of the armor and mask vary, as does the hands and feet. I saw one whose feet didn't even match each other in color.

As for the wrist computer issue, mine seems to be fine for now. It does feel delicate, I know there has been a lot of complaints of it breaking as soon as it is taken out of the package. Neca should have designed it better. I did see 2 or 3 of them in the store that appeared to be broken in the packaging. One had a cracked hinge, and the other two appeared twisted as if the lids were going to fall off.

The wrist blades do extend, I know some have said that they don't move. Mine were stuck, but I was able to free them and now they slide band and forth no problem.

I do wish there was a way for the unmasked head to be more visible in the box, because it is difficult to inspect the paintjob in the store when it's so deep in the tray. I will also say that the decorations on his dreads could be painted better. Seems like the factory slacked off a bit on those compared to some of my other predator figures.

Another thing to note, was that all throughout the packaging tray, there were plastic shavings that looked like they had come off of a drill bit. My guess is that they came from the neck sockets of both heads, like they had been altered at the factory so they would swap easier.

He's a great looking figure, but be careful when buying one.

Reaction score
I'm loving this City Hunter.... BUT and it's a big Ol BUT, the Helmeted head does not stay on every time I pose the head it pops off. And of course the wrist computer is broken right out the box. It actually fell on the desk when I took him out of the tray. I really dig this figure but man I got a bad apple shipped to me... Never had issues like this from NECA.

Reaction score
Any idea when the 30th anniversary figures are supposed to hit? I'm not really interested in all the various incarnations of Predators, but would like to pick up one from the first movie, preferably the "ultimate" version and a Dutch.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Grabbed the Serpent Hunter and Spike Tail last week. Love both, but SH has problems with his backpack staying on, and ST has problems keeping his mask on. Still great figures though.

Reaction score
I've checked my TRU a couple of times this week and still no Ultimate Jungle Hunter. They did get some of the single carded AVP Predator figures in though. Ah well, at least I finally found the TRU exclusive Marvel Legends Groot for my troubles.

Reaction score
On good news, I saved all my TRU points and got a $20 coupon, so I only paid $5 and some change for the Ultimate Jungle Hunter. The bad news, I went to change the head, and the spinal column trophy wrapped around his torso got caught in his deadlocks and the cord snapped. Haven't been able to glue it back yet. Otherwise, great figure, though I might decide to get a second one to display with the alternate head, since I'm not very confident about the neck post taking stress.

Reaction score
The bad news, I went to change the head, and the spinal column trophy wrapped around his torso got caught in his deadlocks and the cord snapped. Haven't been able to glue it back yet.
Try reaching out to them on Twitter if you can: @NECA_Toys and @NECA_CS They're usually really good about replacing parts when these kind of things happen.

Reaction score
Finally snagged the Ultimate Jungle Hunter yesterday at TRU. I also had problems with the spinal column trophy, the cord was broken where it attaches right out of the package. There is like a thin plastic "core" to it, and about 2mm was poking out of the end, so I was able to superglue it back into the hole in the vertebrae and all was good.

This is my first Predator and I have to say, this is an awesome piece! So many little details. Really digging it. I love the little opening "self destruct panel" on his arm. Overall, just an amazing figure.

Reaction score
Oh WOW! That's a great pic man!! Is it a composite or on location? Either way it's very well executed.

Love your signature BTW, lol. Something I hate that I have to agree with a little.