NECA - Predator 1, 2 and Predators

Reaction score
Keaton33 said:
the first pred looks classic, the other 2 look like predator's retarded cousins.
What a stupid, unnecessary comment. Why would someone even post this? How is it true? They just look like other Predators. Should they all look exactly the same?

GNT

Reaction score
PresidentFett said:
Keaton33 said:
the first pred looks classic, the other 2 look like predator's retarded cousins.
Should they all look exactly the same?
They shouldn't, we've only seen a small handful of preds in the films and haven't explored their planet yet (soon). It's like the human race - everyone has a different build, skin colours and different features...it's variety and it's a good thing

Reaction score
You would think so, but it doesn't look like it... maybe the bird creatures are too big to be a reasonable accessory.

Reaction score
PresidentFett said:
Keaton33 said:
What a stupid, unnecessary comment. Why would someone even post this? How is it true? They just look like other Predators. Should they all look exactly the same?

lol did you just get offended over an opinion on toys? lol get a life. they are not your children, simerdown.

Reaction score
Keaton33 said:
PresidentFett said:
Keaton33 said:

lol did you just get offended over an opinion on toys? lol get a life. they are not your children, simerdown.
Annoyance at a moronic comment does not signify taking offense, friend. Perhaps you should take a look at your senseless negativity and "lol get a life" yourself...

Reaction score
PresidentFett said:
Keaton33 said:
PresidentFett said:
Keaton33 said:

Annoyance at a moronic comment does not signify taking offense, friend. Perhaps you should take a look at your senseless negativity and "lol get a life" yourself...

okk...someone definetly forgot to take there meds today.

Reaction score
I (and everyone else I'm sure) especially dig the Berserker.

What's the deal gonna be on the masks? Will they be removable? Will the classic one have a mask?

Reaction score
Actually, the only one that I'm really totally digging is that Classic Predator. The original monster/alien/creature design just strikes such a perfect balance between MENACING & COOL!
BUT, those new Predators do look cool enough to make each of them a worthy purchase! I'm not too keen on either of their masks, so I too am curious as to whether their masks are removable... although I'd be happy enough if only that funky jaw bone on Berserker were removable - that thing makes him look a bit comical in my oppinion.
Maybe if we're lucky, Neca will provide alternate heads like they've done with some of their T2 figures...?

Reaction score
Uh-oh, look at those static legs on the Berserker.

PLEASE be a case of well-hidden articulation.

Reaction score
Commando_Scorch said:
Uh-oh, look at those static legs on the Berserker.

PLEASE be a case of well-hidden articulation.
Those are the early prototypes, and for whatever reason, NECA doesn't articulate their early models. For example, take the pictures of the new BioShock stuff that was revealed at ComicCon. They were basically just statues, and they add the articulation later in the process.

Reaction score
These look great. I'll probably pick up at least 1-2 if I can find them in a brick & mortar store (i.e. TRU).

Reaction score
Idpullthecurtain said:
my interest in the figures has really diminished cos the movie sucks.
Well of course the movie sucks! As soon the director or producer of a popular franchise reboot/relaunch/sequel is heard boasting something to the effects of "This time we're showing the fans something they've never seen before!" you know the movie's story line has likely not been given its due consideration... but a cool looking Predator action figure is still a cool looking Predator action figure!
At least you will not be denying yourself of this one, right?

Reaction score
AgentClaret said:
Did it really suck? I've been looking forward to that one...
Well everyone has their own opinion. But I am sorry to say, surely in ANYONES book, it is a pretty terrible movie.

But on the bright side, the figures ARE pretty cool.

Reaction score
Well, I don't listen to just anyone on movie recommendations (especially critics), but I think you guys probably know what the deal is, so I suppose I'll just wait and rent it someday...

Reaction score
I liked it, was definitely better then AvP2!
It was reminiscent of the original, there are good and bad just parts like any movie also a tad slow couple of times, but overall it was worth my money.
Honestly after one or two movies of any series there's not much else to do these guys basically hunt and kill for trophies, so there are only so many ways to tell it before it feels like you been down that road before.

All that aside yes I would like figures from the movie, but only if done in 3.75 scale.

Reaction score
I enjoyed the movie but didn't love it. I'd go 7/10. I liked it better than Predator 2 and AVP.

Reaction score
C'mon. While Predators 2 has its faults, it is a way better movie than Predators. Infact I think AVP is better than this new one.
To me they are ranked;

1 Predator
2 Predator 2
3 AVP
4 Predators
5 AVP Requiem

Reaction score
Predators was "easier" for me to watch and therefore more enjoyable than Predator 2 because of the superior acting, more interesting premise, and the overall less of a cheese factor. To each their own. Regarding the figures, though, I didn't like the movie enough to want to get any toys from it.

Reaction score
Idpullthecurtain said:
C'mon. While Predators 2 has its faults, it is a way better movie than Predators. Infact I think AVP is better than this new one.
To me they are ranked;

1 Predator
2 Predator 2
3 AVP
4 Predators
5 AVP Requiem
I actually think AvP and Predators are tied, although if they would have went R rated with AvP it probably would have been better then Predators.

Reaction score
You guys must be drinking. Requiem was WAY better than the first AVP... here's my chief two reasons...

1. Those two dudes in Requiem get their heads blown off their shoulders. What else do I need to say?

2. That scene near the end of the first AVP with that chick and the predator running down the hallways in slow motion... it ruins the entire movie for me. Not to mention the whole set seemed either like a theme park ride or video game level.

Requiem kinda had the whole "Blob" thing going.

I can't possibly see how Predators can be worse than AVP or Predator 2...

Reaction score
yeah, but there was a big problem with that (oh what was it oh yeah) YOU COULDN'T SEE A DARN THING!!!!!! jeez the film was so dark you couldn't make anything out.

Reaction score
AgentClaret said:
You guys must be drinking. Requiem was WAY better than the first AVP... here's my chief two reasons...

1. Those two dudes in Requiem get their heads blown off their shoulders. What else do I need to say?

2. That scene near the end of the first AVP with that chick and the predator running down the hallways in slow motion... it ruins the entire movie for me. Not to mention the whole set seemed either like a theme park ride or video game level.

Requiem kinda had the whole "Blob" thing going.

I can't possibly see how Predators can be worse than AVP or Predator 2...
Predator 2 isnt a bad movie. Its not great. IMHO its much underrated. Have you ever given it another go?

But rest assured Predators is CERTAINLY worse than Predator 2 in anyones book!

Reaction score
Idpullthecurtain said:
Not mine, not everyone (granted, only about five people) I've spoken to in person about the movies, not the voters on IMDb or Rotten Tomatoes (based on average scores).

Reaction score
LordStarscream said:
Idpullthecurtain said:
Not mine, not everyone (granted, only about five people) I've spoken to in person about the movies, not the voters on IMDb or Rotten Tomatoes (based on average scores).
Well anyone of that opinion just doesnt get it!
Its a terrrible movie.

Reaction score
I'll tell you dudes what... when I finally see it, I'll weigh things and consider and be the final decider on whether you guys liked this or not, okay?

Reaction score
hey, lets talk toys for just a second i'm curious will the Classic Predator come with a variation with the helmet on

Reaction score
Just saw the movie... you guys are harsh, I got a kick out of it. Better than AVP and Predator 2. The Berserker was friggin' psychotic!

What was the deal with the 'classic' one?

Reaction score
AgentClaret said:
Just saw the movie... you guys are harsh, I got a kick out of it. Better than AVP and Predator 2. The Berserker was friggin' psychotic!

What was the deal with the 'classic' one?
Glad you enjoyed it. Its a game of opinions.

Reaction score
Wish we knew the exact release date for these. I've been checking TRU frequently but no sign of them yet. I know they said not too long after the film was out, so I'm checking a bit early I suppose. Just excited to get my hands on that Classic Predator.

Reaction score
Play.com are listing them as the end of the month. But they are not that reliable, they have put it back twice already.

Reaction score
DarthAndosMan said:
Though that would be awesome, I don't think the Classic will come with interchangeable heads because we've already seen packaged photos of him and his only accessory appears to be the shoulder cannon. I think those different heads are going to be released via a running change a la AVP:R predators.

Also, anyone else willing to bet that the predator hound will be released as its own figure instead of an accessory like the display leads us to believe?