NECA General Discussion Thread

Reaction score
Man I need to update my POTA dioramas. Wish NECA did more with the modern trilogy but understand who is going to buy plain apes. Some humans would have been cool. Need a Bad Ape.

Reaction score
Man I need to update my POTA dioramas. Wish NECA did more with the modern trilogy but understand who is going to buy plain apes. Some humans would have been cool. Need a Bad Ape.

I think I got all of them but Luca, who I saw once in stores but passed on because I hadn't decided to collect the line yet. Really wish we could've gotten at least a Rocket before the line was done. He was Caesar's best bro. Besides Maurice.

Reaction score
Saw a lone Daniel Laruso at Target. The packaging looks great, lots of accessories too. $30.99

Reaction score
picked up the NECA Tooney Terrors Jason Voorhees yesterday... had some fun with the figure.

- Like ZOINKS!!!! Scooby Doo.... Where are YOU?

Reaction score
Saw the remaining Karate Kid 8inch figures at Target. Mr. Miyagi is dead on. The sculpt captures him beautifully. Daniel looks like crap compared to him. Great job, NECA!

Reaction score
scored a cool fog machine / diorama from Lemax Spooky Village over the weekend.

works well with the Toony Terrors Jason

Reaction score
From what I remember, Neca never had any plans for making any of the human characters. For some reason they insisted on only making apes, and seemed very resistant to even considering humans. They had very high expectations for the line, and from the beginning they talked about it as a dream come true of sorts, but yet they botched it with bad character selection (2 Zaius's back to back for example), and a total refusal to make human characters. They blamed the franchise being too old to succeed with their target audience, which may have been an issue, but I think the refusal to make Taylor was an issue as well. I personally think in retrospect Neca should have stuck to the first movie before delving into the sequels. I believe they tried to do too much too soon and it came back to bite them. It sucks we will never have the full cast. For all the talk about how expensive tooling is, sometimes they waste it on the dumbest things.
Hear Hear! Yes, those are exactly the reasons they never did the humans. It's the same reason they've resisted them for so long in the Alien and Predator lines (although that does seem to be changing somewhat now).
I know at least four or five collectors who would have gone all in in the line had there been a Taylor, but didn't get into it because they didn't make him.

Heck, I'd have even taken a Virdon and Burke!

Reaction score
Could it have been a licensing issue with the actors as to why NECA didn't do Planet of the Apes human characters?

Reaction score
Not likely the issue since NECA did do an 8" Taylor and the Nova actress allowed her likeness for a Super 7 reaction figure.

Reaction score
I've got that 8" figure and the likeness is fantastic. I just wish I knew how to make moulds and reduce it to the 7" scale. A custom would be a piece of cake with that sculpt as a starting point.

oh and Neca's line on human figures is that they don't make them as 'Humans don't sell, so it's not worth the development/tooling costs'. As I said, they're starting to relent with Alien/Aliens, but good luck getting any more of Dutch's team or Harrigan from P2, at least other than a con exclusive that a good 90% of folk will never be able to buy at anything approaching a reasonable price... *COUGH* John Connor *COUGH*

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well my TRU was always overflowing with Aliens and Predator variants, with no human figures in sight, so are they sure about humans not selling? I never did find a Dallas. Even that charity one who wasn't in the movie,Windrix, sold out quickly.

Last edited:
Reaction score
That's the point. Human figures have sold well every time they make them. Despite that they still trot out the tired old mantra that they don't sell. It's like they've got their fingers in their ears and are going 'la la la la la'. I'm starting to think it's a personal vendetta of some kind.

Reaction score
I'm personally not much into human figures. The Space Marines are horribly designed (specifically the ankles), and honestly I don't think Predator distinguishes itself until all the other dudes are dead and it's just Arnold.

I do need that John Connor somehow, though

Reaction score
It would be cool to get a Bill Duke figure from Predator though, so I can customize him and have him fight John Matrix. "I eat green berets for breakfast, and right now I'm very hungry!" Speaking of which Bennett in chain mail shirt should have been added to the Commando line. Also Bill Duke's Predator gun was awesome!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Got the FvJ ultimate Jason. Great looking figure! Just hope these licensing issues sort themselves out so we can get an ultimate FvJ Freddy too

Reaction score
Target report: It Pennywise 1990 version 2. Toony Terrors full set of 4. I got Jason and Pennywise Toonies. They will look awesome chasing the Scooby gang on the shelf. Pennywise will join the Ghost Clown. Jason will team up with the Creeper. You guys inspired the Scooby idea. Also saw colorized movie poster version of Godzilla.

Reaction score
The NECA Ninja Turtles Movie figures at Gamestop look pretty good especially the army building Foot Soldiers and a really nice looking Shredder. Giggity

Reaction score
I picked up the Friday the 13th part 5 Roy from my LCS over the weekend. He looked familiar; on closer inspection he shares some parts with Michael Myers.

Last edited:
Reaction score
picked up the Toony Terrors 90s Pennywise the other day at Target: "Look gang.. we found the demon clown Pennywise." - background is the extreme sets Sewer 2.0 pop-up

Reaction score
I picked up the King Kong Vs. Godzilla figure from Target the other day. I missed this one the first time it shipped and thought I wouldn't get another shot. I swear it was cheaper this time too, I balked at a $28 price last time and it now rings up at $24. It's a great Godzilla, too!

Reaction score
Picked up 1990 Pennywise version 2. Wow, my MD Target actually had something new.

Reaction score
No, and I don't think it would matter if I did have it. The first store only had one neca figure in the entire place, and the second didn't appear to have any. I'll find him sooner or later.

Freddy by scarrviper, on Flickr

Reaction score
Don't give up; judging by my FB horror figure groups a lot of Gamestops are getting him...

I think I'm gonna order the Part V dream sequence Jason tomorrow. I think I'm going to order an extra 2018 Michael Myers as well. I'm reworking that Ben Tramer mask to make a 1978 version and I need the extra body...