NECA General Discussion Thread

Reaction score
If your Targets super suck like mine at stocking ANYTHING, you can become an ambassador between your local target and NECA. I just sent my info in, because I haven’t seen anything stocked since November.
I tried that and they told me that the store I picked already had an ambassador. Around that same time that Target took away all their remaining NECA products and price tags, and never re-stocked anything since. So whoever the "ambassador" is, they're doing a crappy job haha.

Reaction score
That ambassador program is a stupid idea and it's going over badly. Number one, I'm not doing work without compensation. Number two, if a store's NECA section looks like crap, what am I gonna do short of straightening the shelves? I can't make orders with NECA or go in the stockroom to put stuff up. Heck, I can't even try and sweet talk a Target employee; the NECA stuff is stocked by 3rd party merchandisers.

I love NECA, but this was badly thought out. They need to hire someone (and pay with real money!) to do all the stores in the region each week if this is gonna work.

Reaction score
One thing about Toys R Us I miss is that they always put out new NECA product regularly.

Reaction score
That ambassador program is a stupid idea and it's going over badly. Number one, I'm not doing work without compensation. Number two, if a store's NECA section looks like crap, what am I gonna do short of straightening the shelves? I can't make orders with NECA or go in the stockroom to put stuff up. Heck, I can't even try and sweet talk a Target employee; the NECA stuff is stocked by 3rd party merchandisers. .
I thought that's what it was - straighten the shelves if they aren't, send in a picture and they compensate you with a gift card? I like the idea, but I know I wouldn't be able to keep up doing that weekly.

All the targets near me have fair to good stock in their neca sections. I wonder if TRU closing forces neca to get rid of positions. I just hope other smaller toy companies are able to get into some brick and mortar stores.

Reaction score
They’re reuniting for a Ride With Norman Reedus.
Today's pickups.

"And Shepherds we shall be For thee, my Lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."

Reaction score
I thought that's what it was - straighten the shelves if they aren't, send in a picture and they compensate you with a gift card? I like the idea, but I know I wouldn't be able to keep up doing that weekly.
But you don't actually just get a gift card, you get entered in a drawing to win one. And I don't recall them saying how many winners they pick per month. Lame!

Reaction score
But you don't actually just get a gift card, you get entered in a drawing to win one. And I don't recall them saying how many winners they pick per month. Lame!
Oohhhhh, I didn't realize that. Not the greatest terms, but for a volunteer-based program, it's something.

Reaction score
I saw the Gamestop exclusive Gamer Gremlin today. He comes with some cool accessories: Atari joystick, faux Atari boxed Gremlins game cartridge, popcorn bucket with eyeholes cut out, and the little desktop Coleco Donkey Kong game (same colors although the graphics are for a made up game, not DK).

Last edited:
Reaction score
Couple of years ago I sold off my collection of NECA Gremlins. Now I want to get back in, mostly for the Ultimate Gremlins, not the Mogwai. They are hysterical. Purchased the ultimate gamer Gremlin yesterday. Love it.

Reaction score
Has anybody else's Target moved the NECA section to random unlabeled shelves to make way for a large Game of Thrones section, next to a big 1980's-1990's section full of Saved by the Bell, Stranger Things, Jurassic and Lebowski Funko shirts, neon fanny packs and collectible Pogs? I worry the NECA/Target relationship is going away soon. Its so odd since NECA product is the top seller in that collectible area of the store.

Reaction score
It's not even o the salesfloor at my local Target. I read a tweet that Target is just doing resets and the NECA section is supposedly just moving over a bit,

Still frustrating because it got so fully stocked right before it disappeared!

Reaction score
Two weeks ago this month while I was out of town, i took a trip to a Target store and while it was mostly a Pop Funko junkpile, the Target store also had some NECA figures ranging from Ultimate Gizmo, the new Ultimate Gremlin with the popcorn boxes, Elm Street Freddy, Elm Street 2 Freddy, Friday the 13th Part III Jason and the new Pennywise It figure. I was tempted to get one of the Freddy NECA figures but 27.99 was a bit spendy

Reaction score
Neca does not even have a "section" at my stores. They just squeezed them in randomly wherever there was room amongst the Funko Pops, and without shelf tags.

Reaction score
With the way that the Target store just mixes in the NECA horror movie figures with Funko Pop stuff and old Stranger Things Season 1 figures, its just one big mess making it look like a junkpile

Reaction score
Found a TMNT animated 2-pack at an out of the way Target, Donatello and Krang. Not sure if these are shipping in single waves or if I missed the other three sets, but they had about 5 of this one. Very sloppy paint work on these guys. They must have rushed them out. I hope these arent exclusive because the other sets will be tough to find in my usual neighborhood where Neca is never restocked.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Today I found the remaining Neca TMNT animated 2 packs at Target. At $52 each they are pricey but Ive wanted these animated style turtles since I was a kid so I was compelled to buy. They do come with lots of accessories which is nice. Now I hope they do Bebop/Rocksteady and April/Splinter to finish out my needs.

Reaction score
I was lucky enough to get the SDCC carrying case with the 8 figures for $200 in the online sale during the con in 2017 and was happy to have them all. If I didn't, I think I'd have still preferred them to be released as 2 packs how they are just because it's getting harder and harder to complete a series or wave of figures. You never know who is gonna be the hard to find or shortpacked figures. It seems like people are being able to find all the sets they want in a fairly realistic amount of time from release/driving distance. At least as much as they would need to for any other NECA figures.

Reaction score
Wow I was shocked today to see a neat, fully stocked Neca assortment at the worst (never restocked with Neca) and messiest Target in my area. Glad they finally got their act together. They had Gremlins, Freddy, T-800s, Michael Myers, several different Jasons from parts II-VI I think, new Kenner tribute Predator Bad Blood 2-packs, and more Predators. As far as I know, most Targets now have Neca in collectibles in this configuration (left to right): Game of Thrones, 80s-90s nostalgia toys/Stranger Things, Funko Pops, Neca, Harry Potter/Superheroes and blind boxes.

Reaction score
Target update. It seems like Wednesday is NECA restock day. 8" Ace Ventura and Golden Girls. Jason from the newest FT13th. IT Sewer Drain Accessory pack, which I purchased ($30). The box has no flap so its hit or miss if you get nice paint jobs.

Reaction score
Man, I’ve been looking for that IT accessory set...have to check my Targets today. I’ve been hitting FYI & GameStop too.

Reaction score
What state are you in?
Target update. It seems like Wednesday is NECA restock day. 8" Ace Ventura and Golden Girls. Jason from the newest FT13th. IT Sewer Drain Accessory pack, which I purchased ($30). The box has no flap so its hit or miss if you get nice paint jobs.

Reaction score
Yes...every day, GS & FYE too. Doesn’t seem to be in MD yet, though the one that shipped 2nd(dancing Pennywise) was at GameStop yesterday.
Have you checked Target? Mine had 1 or 2 the other day. I love the base on that set but don't really want the rest so I'm personally passing on it,

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thought I'd mention this here, if anyone has the NECA classic Planet of the Apes figures they're looking to sell, hit me up! Loose is fine, preferred actually.

Reaction score
Speaking of POTA, anyone know why they never made Nova and Taylor? Were they even planned but cancelled?

Reaction score
The likeness rights thing doesnt make sense though because Neca did make an 8" Taylor. All I know is that I know some collectors didnt collect Any of the Apes because there was no Taylor - the set felt incomplete to them. So financially Neca may have actually done better than they think by releasing a Taylor. Because those Apes fans would be buying all the figures instead of none.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thought I'd mention this here, if anyone has the NECA classic Planet of the Apes figures they're looking to sell, hit me up! Loose is fine, preferred actually.
That's weird, I just got mine together to get ready to sell over the weekend. I've got wave and 2 and the gorilla 2 pack, I don't have the SDCC 3 pack...

Let me get their accessories together and think of a price. I'm pretty sure I won't find the little paper plane or portrait parts...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Speaking of POTA, anyone know why they never made Nova and Taylor? Were they even planned but cancelled?
From what I remember, Neca never had any plans for making any of the human characters. For some reason they insisted on only making apes, and seemed very resistant to even considering humans. They had very high expectations for the line, and from the beginning they talked about it as a dream come true of sorts, but yet they botched it with bad character selection (2 Zaius's back to back for example), and a total refusal to make human characters. They blamed the franchise being too old to succeed with their target audience, which may have been an issue, but I think the refusal to make Taylor was an issue as well. I personally think in retrospect Neca should have stuck to the first movie before delving into the sequels. I believe they tried to do too much too soon and it came back to bite them. It sucks we will never have the full cast. For all the talk about how expensive tooling is, sometimes they waste it on the dumbest things.

Reaction score
My ape needs are being fulfilled thanks to AgentClaret. Everyone can stand down as I know you were all running in a tizzy about your respective towns to collectible shops and flea markets trying to find Apes for me so I can pontificate to my friends why the old movies were way betterer. ;)

Reaction score
Besides Taylor & Nova...I really wanted the Ape-o-nauts from Escape & the mutant leader Mendez.
From what I remember, Neca never had any plans for making any of the human characters. For some reason they insisted on only making apes, and seemed very resistant to even considering humans. They had very high expectations for the line, and from the beginning they talked about it as a dream come true of sorts, but yet they botched it with bad character selection (2 Zaius's back to back for example), and a total refusal to make human characters. They blamed the franchise being too old to succeed with their target audience, which may have been an issue, but I think the refusal to make Taylor was an issue as well. I personally think in retrospect Neca should have stuck to the first movie before delving into the sequels. I believe they tried to do too much too soon and it came back to bite them. It sucks we will never have the full cast. For all the talk about how expensive tooling is, sometimes they waste it on the dumbest things.