NECA General Discussion Thread

Reaction score
Well, after the mystery surrounding an order page that came and went months ago, to an official announcement with no set release date, to this 2-pack FINALLY going on sale on the website last week! They actually remained available for at least an hour or more, but if you weren't on either NECA's or Judith Hoag's official instagram pages, you might never have known. I actually was lucky enough to see it only a short time after the announcement was made, and snagged one, which arrived yesterday!

38FE3B2A-2C01-4C33-86D2-02B044FB6810.jpeg

Reaction score
That Shredder/Splinter pack is surprisingly shelfwarming at my local Walmart. The Turtle sets came and went twice now. You were right about Tokka & Rahzar. I changed my mind about them a while back, but refused to pay ebay prices. Got an order in for the second pre-order window a few weeks ago, but they're not going to be shipping until the fall at the earliest!

I'm not sure if you follow Neca on Twitter, but when they post, they're very informative about near-future plans. Pretty quickly after the Tokka Rahzar sale was done before, there were a LOT of people asking for a second chance at them.

Last weekend I saw 3 April/Casey sets and a Raph/Mikey set on a random electronics shelf at my closest Walmart. It looked like whoever stocked them had no clue where they belonged.

Reaction score
I'm not sure if you follow Neca on Twitter, but when they post, they're very informative about near-future plans. Pretty quickly after the Tokka Rahzar sale was done before, there were a LOT of people asking for a second chance at them.

Last weekend I saw 3 April/Casey sets and a Raph/Mikey set on a random electronics shelf at my closest Walmart. It looked like whoever stocked them had no clue where they belonged.
I do follow NECA's instagram page, but don't really pay much attention, since there are very few products I buy from them.

One of the Walmarts near me has the exact same set-up - the figures are just randomly placed up there. Saw the Frankestein Raph there two weeks ago, but it went pretty quickly. The other WM near me has an actual dedicated section for the NECA products, but in the electronics department rather than by the toys.

Reaction score
I do follow NECA's instagram page, but don't really pay much attention, since there are very few products I buy from them.

One of the Walmarts near me has the exact same set-up - the figures are just randomly placed up there. Saw the Frankestein Raph there two weeks ago, but it went pretty quickly. The other WM near me has an actual dedicated section for the NECA products, but in the electronics department rather than by the toys.

That's the thing - this Walmart does have a neca section. It's in the one aisle that has dvds in it, right next to the books. Those 4 boxes were on the bottom shelf by phone accessories.

Their Twitter is ran by their product director and when he does get on and interact with people, he'll go for an hour or so just answering about as many questions as he can.

Reaction score
I picked up the Night Cougar Alien at a Wal-Mart today but it's forearm broke off taking it out of the package. I've known forever this is an issue with NECA stuff and I ALWAYS put it in front of a hair dryer to soften the plastic but I didn't get the chance here.

That's the second time that's happened in the past year... I thought they had gotten past the brittle plastic issues a few years ago, but it looks like it's becoming a problem again.

I'll just go exchange it in the next couple days but man, that's getting old...

The price was nice though, $30 as opposed to the $40-50 I've seen it for everywhere else.

Reaction score
It looks AWESOME. I'm not sure if I'll try for it though (I have a feeling they're gonna have a Universal Monsters exclusive i'll need to put all my efforts into trying for).

Speaking of The Thing, it's getting a re-release in select theaters next month for its 40th anniversary. I'm considering trying to get into one of those screenings.

Reaction score
It looks AWESOME. I'm not sure if I'll try for it though (I have a feeling they're gonna have a Universal Monsters exclusive i'll need to put all my efforts into trying for).

Speaking of The Thing, it's getting a re-release in select theaters next month for its 40th anniversary. I'm considering trying to get into one of those screenings.
Got my ticket for June 19…40 seats sold already. That’s more people than when I saw it in 1982… lol.

Reaction score
Found some newer NECA stuff in stock at the Walmart store last week.

the Universal Monsters Mummy
black and white Frankenstein monster
Halloween Kills Micheal Myers
Ultimate Ghost Face of the Scream movies
then the usual previous still newish Gremlins stuff such as the Flasher Gremlin and Ultimate Gizmo

Reaction score
Just got this one today, although I would have prefered a 7" scale non-SG version. I couldn't resist the Mistress of the Dark, the reason for loads of "weird" dreams in my youth 🤪🤪🤣😂🤣😂🤣

20220624_174245.jpg

Reaction score
I'm actually a little bit disappointed in the Dog Things. I have both MacReady figures and they're fantastic. And The Thing is one of my favorite movies. But those dogs just seem kind of meh.

Reaction score
The gargoyles look incredible too. That's what I've been most looking forward too.

Reaction score
I'm loving the Preds, Thing, and Dinosaurs!

But my god, they're determined to do EVERY SINGLE TMNT toon character, aren't they? I feel like most of their effort and tooling is going in to this line.

I mean, remember when they used to do a bunch of awesome horror figures?

Reaction score
To be fair all the Targets in my area always have tons of horror themed NECA figures collecting dust The TMNT stuff sells pretty briskly. So, I don't blame NECA for putting out lots of TMNT characters. And to be even more fair I think NECA does put out a lot of horror stuff too.

Reaction score
But a lot of those horror figures are on their umpteenth reissue while some of the brand new TMNT sets are pegwarming. Tell me you don't have a stack of the frogs sets at your local Target!

I don't debate that TMNT sells, I just wish they'd pay more attention to the lines that helped build their popularity. I miss all the Aliens and Predators, not too mention all the video game stuff they used to do!

Reaction score
But a lot of those horror figures are on their umpteenth reissue while some of the brand new TMNT sets are pegwarming. Tell me you don't have a stack of the frogs sets at your local Target!

I don't debate that TMNT sells, I just wish they'd pay more attention to the lines that helped build their popularity. I miss all the Aliens and Predators, not too mention all the video game stuff they used to do!
Not really, no. I think 1 Target, out of the 5 or 6 in my area have a few lingering and that's it.

I think all the Universal Monsters stuff is pretty exciting. They have me tempted to pick them up.

Personally, I never paid attention to NECA unless it was stuff like Aliens, Predator, Terminator, etc. I mean, I know NECA is really popular among horror fans and I know there are a lot of people that collect them. I just personally don't.

And, add Predator, Aliens, and Gremlins to the list of dust collecting figures at all my local Targets.

Reaction score
The Universal Monster stuff is indeed very cool, I'm hoping they give us a glimpse of the Bride before SDCC is over.

I really want to get the Mummy/Frankenstein/Dracula accessory sets but jeez, this stuff is getting so expensive!

I really want to do some kind of lit display in my front window for Halloween this year using a bunch of NECA horror and monster figures, I can't wait wait to add the Universal gang to all my Freddy's/Michael's/Jason's etc...

Reaction score
So far, the Neca stuff has been the most exciting for me this SDCC.

The Gargoyle reveals are great, the Universal Monster stuff is just excellent and I'm super excited about the Last Ronin Leo and Raph and the sewer display.

What horror/video game stuff would you want to see from them that they haven't done? I was really bummed when Konami pulled Castlevania from them and assumed that burned that bridge completely.

I'm also liking what I'm hearing about their D&D plans. I'm not really a D&D fan, but I like fantasy/medieval stuff and even though I like Mythic Legions, they're pricey.

Reaction score

Thankfully…the Lost Tribe missing members are all coming, along with the Predator from Prey.65E1D3F8-6A14-44A4-9C96-B469EE0531AB.jpegC75A9AF8-ADDD-47B1-8DAF-1DECE41E5980.jpeg

Reaction score
So far, the Neca stuff has been the most exciting for me this SDCC.

What horror/video game stuff would you want to see from them that they haven't done? I was really bummed when Konami pulled Castlevania from them and assumed that burned that bridge completely.

Is there a place somewhere, where to see ALL of their reveals/look at their booth(s)
I only seem to find TMNT, Gremlins or E.T. stuff
I always prefered NECA over McF figures back in the old days and would love to see made :

*the remaining marines from Aliens ( I know, there are some license issues, but they could find a way to come up with them ... ( movie Apone/Drake body with likeness from the KENNER tribute figure would be fine to me )

*all new 7" scale Resident Evil figures. Claire, Chris, Leon, Jill, Wesker, Ada, Tyrant, Licker.... I could go on and on and on

*7"scale Stranger Things figures of ALL main characters. Not just a few and then skip the line like McF did😒😒

*wouldn't mind a re-release of their Soul Reaver figures. Prices on the original ones are sick nowadays

*still wondering, why no company jumped on the Horizon - Zero Dawn/Forbidden West train yet. I would love to get a 7"scale Aloy, and at least a Watcher mech too. Just to go with my still favourite Games Select Lara Croft figure 🤩🤩

*7"scale Supernatural or Buffy -TVS figures would be awesome, too

*altough, it hightime is long over, IMO a decent comicbased Witchblade and/or Darkness figure would be great. The old CMoore figures ( 5" ?? ) are way outdated

*wish they would to 7"scale versions of their 8"clothed figures, too. I always prefer plastic over soft goods on everything smaller that Sideshow/HotToys.
Elvira is a rare exception, but Ace Ventura, Bill & Ted or the latest revealed AC/DC band members look 🤮🤮🤮

Last edited:
Reaction score
If you click on this link, the first comment under the pictures will be links to their other articles broken up by what's been shot. I don't know if they've been adding more or not though. Thursday I watched the PixelDan interview and Randy said they'd be adding more throughout the weekend. They usually do, but I haven't seen any new reveals reported.

I think their leaving money on the table by not just cranking out made up marines or somehow customizable ones, or dipping into video games (assuming comics are off the table because they would mostly be Dark Horse stories but needing Marvel/Disney's approval. Although having the Gargoyles license means they at least have some communication with Disney.

They were just asked about Resident Evil and said they don't have the license. I agree that someone needs it and if it isn't gonna be them, I would want McFarlane to get it. The last 4/5 months of McFarlane stuff has been making big strides in improvements. I'm not so sure about depth of the lines besides Mortal Kombat and DC, but I've been a fan of a lot of it so far. I actually just bought a GI Joe figure to try to customize into a Leon (I only played RE2 all the way through).

It's crazy to me the way McFarlane abandoned Stranger Things. It's just a shame no one is cranking figures out from that show. A couple companies are dipping their toes in but there could be SO much more!

I actually think Spinmasters are going to be doing some Horizon stuff through their new Playstation deal. Aloy is a character screaming for a Neca Ultimate though.

I think a comic shop by me has some of those Darkness/Wytchblade figures. It would be nice to get updates, but I'm really bummed we'll probably never see updates for all the toylines Stan Winston started. Those are also being for the neca treatment.

Reaction score
I think I have figured out whats going on with the pricing for the Gremlins Accessory set. The price is ridiculous and strangely high. I think someone at NECA has wrongly believed that the set includes a Gremlin too, and not just a cardboard cutout of one? Cos that would explain the price, and that would be about right Cos otherwise its a set of small pieces and accessories for 30% more than an ultimate set, which includes tons of accessories anyway. It doesnt make sense. I bet thats whats happened?

Reaction score
I think I have figured out whats going on with the pricing for the Gremlins Accessory set. The price is ridiculous and strangely high. I think someone at NECA has wrongly believed that the set includes a Gremlin too, and not just a cardboard cutout of one? Cos that would explain the price, and that would be about right Cos otherwise its a set of small pieces and accessories for 30% more than an ultimate set, which includes tons of accessories anyway. It doesnt make sense. I bet thats whats happened?
Nah, not sure. IIRC both ALIENS acc. set ( the creature set w/ light-up facehugger tubes set and the wrapon set w/ the gun turrets ) both were sold at an higher price than the single figures. Not sure about the A3 or the A:Covenant sets, though

BTW, still no info about the BTTF set. I don't even get answers for multiple requests on different social media/mail requests 🤔🤔🤔