NECA General Discussion Thread

Reaction score
I'm gonna try to pick that T-1000 up. I passed on him and Sarah on the first round, but was able to get John with the dirt bike. I'll probably end up double dipping on him to get Sarah now.
I'd buy the extra John off you. I'm have the exact opposite of your problem! Also been kicking myself for not getting the SDCC John.

Reaction score
I'd buy the extra John off you. I'm have the exact opposite of your problem! Also been kicking myself for not getting the SDCC John.
We can definitely work that out. Reach out to me when the preorder goes live and we can set that up!!

That John did actually take a few tries to get off the Neca site (like most of their comic con exclusives tend to be). The only one I got pretty effortlessly was the Green Lantern/Predator + Batman/Alien set, which I expected to be the hardest of the sets.

Reaction score
Groovy, will do! I'd just make things simple and sell you my Sarah but she's got kind of a bum torso joint that makes her split in half pretty easy. I suppose I should get around to trying to repay it one day.

And if you ever decide that Yellow Lantern Pred needs a new home I'm totally your guy...

Reaction score
I will keep that in mind, but if nothing else, I'm pretty sure that one has a home in my cherry-picked tribe. Although I have seen that set at a few second hand shops for $50-60, so that one might be something you can get with some ease on ebay or Facebook marketplace (I've seen that set listed there too before).

Reaction score
If anyone bought the Shredder Loot Crate and decided they don't want the Mirage paint scheme Shredder figure, and also decided for some reason they don't want to sell it on ebay for way too much money, I'd be interested in it.

Reaction score
My mind could play me tricks, but I think to remember, NECA once had or still has the license for the Riddick franchise 🤪🙃🤔
Were there ever some other figures than the so-so SOTA toys ?

Just curious, as we currently are sitting through a Riddick marathon 😉😊 ( due the recently revealed R4 script by Diesel himself )

Reaction score
I have a minor NECA rant. Seriously they need to stop with all the Godzilla variants. My Target has Zero shelf space for new releases due to all the unsold Godzillas. They go all the way back to the extent of the shelves and all the way across. They Never sell. Is there really a market for these? No offense if you love the character, go for it and buy them if you do. I admit the figures look nice, with pretty box art, just not my thing. But even a fan must be getting tired of all the slightly repainted variants of the same figure. Regardless of my opinion, the overflowing shelves of unsold merchandise speak for themselves. Enough Godzilla!

Reaction score
I have a minor NECA rant. Seriously they need to stop with all the Godzilla variants. My Target has Zero shelf space for new releases due to all the unsold Godzillas. They go all the way back to the extent of the shelves and all the way across. They Never sell. Is there really a market for these? No offense if you love the character, go for it and buy them if you do. I admit the figures look nice, with pretty box art, just not my thing. But even a fan must be getting tired of all the slightly repainted variants of the same figure. Regardless of my opinion, the overflowing shelves of unsold merchandise speak for themselves. Enough Godzilla!
Yup. I said it earlier. I like Godzilla. I collect Godzilla stuff, and I AM tired of seeing all the Godzilla variants and versions from different movies. I got 3 different classic versions and one new movie Godzilla figure. I'm good now and have no desire to get anymore. I wanted some classic enemy monsters, but I guess NECA never got the license for any other enemy character save for the King of the Monsters Rodan and Mothra.

Besides Godzilla, I see all the horror movie stuff clogging the shelves as well. The stuff that really moves are the Sci-Fi movie stuff. The Terminator, Predator, and Alien franchises. I think I saw one time a TMNT figure. One time. All these months I've never seen any TMNT figure but the one, and I go very frequently to Target and Walmart to look.

Reaction score
That is a problem too. They keep re-issuing Horror figures that have been around for years and most collectors already have. Rather than re-issue the harder to find stuff. Save for the Tech Noir Terminator I found at Wal-Mart last month. Now that was a great reissue and they lasted less than 2 days before selling out, proving it was a much desired re-release.

Reaction score
I mean, I don't necessarily blame NECA for their lackluster Godzilla line-up. I mean, if they can't get the rights to do other classic monsters (I.E. Rodan, Mothra, Ghidorah, Mechagodzilla, etc) they've probably still got to put out product just to retain the licence at all. I mean, lets be honest, the default Godzilla's they have done have been incredible. For my money, they're as quality as the S.H. Monsterarts line but for half the price. But with that said, no two ways about it...the variants are old. I just have no interest.

For some odd reason, there's always this trend in horror/monster lines to do...glow in the dark or bizarre color variants like black and white versions or prototype versions. It's just so common in horror lines and they've never interested me. They do it with their xenomorphs too and I just have no desire for a glow in the dark or all red or white or etc one.

I will say, I'm stoked for the classic Kong though. I do with it came with a little Fay Wray though just for scale. I've always wished NECA would do Universal monsters. They'd knock it out of the park. I wish they'd do more horror/sci-fi licences too, I'd love to see random stuff like maybe an Ant from Them. Some stuff I've mentioned before that I'd love NECA to attempt to get: Starship Troopers, The Fifth Element, The Thing, Escape from New York, Big Trouble in Little China, Blade Runner (original), etc. I'd absolutely trust NECA with those licences.

Reaction score
To me, the Godzilla stuff is the same as doing the different Jason and Freddy variants. To the people that aren't into them, it can seem like "just the same figure over and over" but to the people that are fans of those franchises, they're like a different character entirely.

I REALLY wish they would do Universal Monsters figures. I really do.

Reaction score
Not sure what thread to put this in. Its Neca but not a movie collectible. This thread has had discussion of these though. NECA Animated Series TMNT figures... Did anyone find April /Foot Soldier at Target today? I'm out west so stores arent open yet, but today is supposedly the release day. I'm going to check one store, then head to work.

Reaction score
Not sure what thread to put this in. Its Neca but not a movie collectible. This thread has had discussion of these though. NECA Animated Series TMNT figures... Did anyone find April /Foot Soldier at Target today? I'm out west so stores arent open yet, but today is supposedly the release day. I'm going to check one store, then head to work.
I don’t collect TMNT, but I’ll keep an eye out for you.

Reaction score
They had none at my Target this morning, none in the back, none on the way, and none at the other 2 area stores. So much for release day. Its the last set of these I wanted to pick up. Thanks jedisquared, much appreciated.

EDIT: the April/Foot set just showed up in stock on Target.com. Got one! Shocked.

EDIT 2: Only lasted about 10 minutes. Approximately went up at 3:26pm PST

Last edited:
Reaction score
They had none at my Target this morning, none in the back, none on the way, and none at the other 2 area stores. So much for release day. Its the last set of these I wanted to pick up. Thanks jedisquared, much appreciated.

EDIT: the April/Foot set just showed up in stock on Target.com. Got one! Shocked.

EDIT 2: Only lasted about 10 minutes. Approximately went up at 3:26pm PST
They always post them during the busiest part of my day at work. Arggghhhh....

Reaction score
I hope they make more made-to-order preorders. I'm getting sick of chasing all these exclusives.

Reaction score
Me too. I've been VERY lucky to get everything I've been after so far, but there's a lot they advertised that I want badly (Splinter, Mondo, Rat King).

Reaction score
Super Shredder and the Raph/Casey Jones two-packs are available for preorder for US customers:

Cartoon April is there as well, but only for international. I wish they'd have more up for preorder at once. The Raph/Casey Jones two-pack is $65 with shipping. It would be easier to accept $15 for shipping if I could add the Cartoon April as well.

Reaction score

My target is the same way, the entire bottom shelf is Godzilla and they never move.

Reaction score
Next week or whenever the first day or so of September Im planning a day trip out of town and going to the usual Walmart store and might make a quick stop at the gamestop shop at a small mini mall. Dont need another NECA figure but wouldnt mind. Sort of planning on getting Elm Street 3 Freddy or at least the Halloween 2018 MIchael Myers from the Walmart store.

If Im really desperate for an Alien/Aliens or a Predator NECA figure i could go to Target to get one but just not into the sci fi NECA stuff like Predator. The 1990s It Pennywise and the new It NECA are nice but i dont need them.

So far last time i went to the Walmart store last month they still have the Friday the 13th Part V Dream/Nightmare Jason that has the all white mask thats been shown on the old VHS cover. also I dont think anyone ever buys the Bride of Chucky two pack which has been pegwarming for months this year.

Reaction score
Haven't seen any aliens or predator exclusives, but I did see King Kong on Friday when I went to get the April set.

Went bacl the next morning and Kong was completely gone. Grabbed Annabelle though. I have Kong on preorder so I wasn't heartbroken, just would have been nice a few weeks early.

Reaction score
I also saw the Halloween 3 set. I kind of wanted it even though H3 isn't the best movie and I already had like $75 of toys in my hands!

Reaction score
I came around on Halloween 3 as a movie (when you don't think about it as a Halloween movie, it can be a lot of hokey fun), but the soft-clothes/mego style just isn't for me.

Reaction score
I came around on Halloween 3 as a movie (when you don't think about it as a Halloween movie, it can be a lot of hokey fun), but the soft-clothes/mego style just isn't for me.
I'm not into them either. I'm a little bit too young to have any nostalgia for that style and they just collect dust. But I'll buy one occasionally. I got Kevin from Home Alone and Bill and Ted, thats about it.

Reaction score
I also saw the Halloween 3 set. I kind of wanted it even though H3 isn't the best movie and I already had like $75 of toys in my hands!
I keep hoping to run into this set at my Target. Our section has been dwindled down to a 3 foot section but they're still getting stock every now and then.

Reaction score
I'm not into them either. I'm a little bit too young to have any nostalgia for that style and they just collect dust. But I'll buy one occasionally. I got Kevin from Home Alone and Bill and Ted, thats about it.
Same here for being too tong for that nostalgia. The universal monsters that are being made by the other company ALMOST got me when I first saw those.

Reaction score
Picked up King Kong at Target today. It's a good figure, but it doesn't scale with any of the Neca Godzilla figures unfortunately. It's to big.

Reaction score
Any luck on that Predator 2 SDCC exclusive? I’ve been checking about every other day at my Walmarts.
Checking tonight. Its been a busy week and the store is kind of far from work/home. Thats why I usually only check it out on weekends. Might get lucky though.