NECA General Discussion Thread

Reaction score
I found a Rhino Alien last night at target. Had trouble ringing it up because someone had put a bathbomb price tag on it so it would ring up for $1.99. It took 3 cashiers, but one of them figured it Out and said that type of thing happens a lot with the collector stuff. Anyway, he's a HUGE figure and looks pretty cool. The cashiers were even admiring it. It was kinda funny.
It's an absolute beast I love it😍 (Got mine a couple of days ago)

Reaction score
I really appreciate the removable dome. I loved seeing the exposed skull on the Gorilla Alien and in hope they keep bringing the in when possible.

Reaction score
Have just seen preorders going live here in the UK for a Sarah/John Connor two pack. Whilst on one hand I'm ecstatic that they've finally gotten John out to mass retail. I'm a bit annoyed that if I want him I'll have to get a second Sarah.

Reaction score
Has anyone seen any new restock by merchandisers at their local Target. Still looking for the big chap Alien, but can’t afford shipping right now. Too scared to order anyway, with all the damages I’ve received. This has been my Target for weeks now...
31470E12-3499-4E59-ABDE-DB0FFB2273D3.jpeg

Reaction score
Has anyone seen any new restock by merchandisers at their local Target. Still looking for the big chap Alien, but can’t afford shipping right now. Too scared to order anyway, with all the damages I’ve received. This has been my Target for weeks now...
View attachment 354773
I guess it depends on what collectors in your area are buying. Most of the Targets around me are decently stocked, but some Targets seem to be better stocked than others. However, I've not seen Big Chap at Target since I found him a few weeks ago. Though, recently, I've seen Big Chap at Walmart.

Reaction score
I'll say, most of their Kong is mostly just a fairly generic Kong...but that second head is ABSOLUTELY a 1933 original Kong head. The easiest way to tell the original is (I believe) the nostrils. He's also not NEARLY as stocky or muscular in body as the Skull Island one. And it's for that that I'm ABSOLUTELY buying it.

NECA-King-Kong-001.jpg

King_Kong_1933_Production_Pic.jpg

I just wish he came with a tiny Fay Wray for him to hold. He'll look great with my Universal Monsters and original Godzilla. Only thing I'm not wild about are the chest wounds, but it's a small gripe.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Went hunting for the 40th Alien wave with Dallas and Ripley. Didn't seem like my area got any yet.

I did happen upon the 100th Alpha Predator figure. For some reason I thought it was an online only figure. Not sure why I thought that. I'm not huge into collecting all the Predator figures. I did get the Ultimate Jungle Predator that came out recently. And, this was another one I felt I wanted.

I'm not that much of stickler for packaging condition as long as the figure itself has good paint apps, etc. But, I really wish Neca would do something about the hang tags on their ultimate boxes. There's just no way that flimsy paper tab can support the weight of the box. They should just not have a tag at all or come up with a better box design.

Reaction score
Not holding much hope for finding these Con exclusives at Walmart on 7/23. I haven’t seen Big Chap or any of the Ripley wave at my 5 closest Targets. There’s always the NECA store.
74CBDF10-26EE-4181-9704-36EA46C9B11C.jpeg57739E9C-93FA-4A58-8CE5-5B838025AA72.jpeg7A9F898F-7C1B-4DE1-9444-9CDDAD91CB6E.jpegC4FC8A4D-6E97-40CC-A764-9DEFEF6CEDDE.jpeg80E50957-8585-4B24-B560-30755BD90B57.jpeg

Reaction score
Something tells me these won't even be out necessarily at each store when they should. Some may be early, but I think most will be late. Each store will just put them out whenever they get around to it.

Regarding the Aliens anniversary wave (Ripley, Dallas, proto xenomorph), I thought they were Target exclusive.

Reaction score
Went around to 4 different Walmarts looking for the SDCC figures and found 2 things:

jack and squat. :confused:

Though it's hard to be disappointed when you have low expectations. This is Walmart we're talking about here.

Reaction score
I'm glad I didn't want either because I knew that was bound to be a crapshow...

I wanted the GITD Big Chap for half a second before I remembered I have the GITD AvP version and it doesn't actually glow.

Now that animated TMNT Casey Jones 2 pack and Metalhead? I want those so bad I can't taste it...

Reaction score
It was a big, fat mess yesterday...5 Walmarts and 4 Targets, and...nuthin. At 1:01 pm I had the Predator 2(the only thing I wanted) in my cart, and lost it during the payment process. This happened for the next 3 hours- stock went in and out and Neca battled the bots. People were complaining on Twitter right and left that their orders went thru and we’re subsequently cancelled because the system thought they were a bot. Did anyone actually see these at Walmart?

Reaction score
Later that afternoon I did mange to get one in my cart as it was going in and out of stock. But, as per freakin usual, it was gone before I could even start to check out.

I said screw it and spent my money on other things I've been wanting.

Now, I'm starting to feel like all this is not worth my time or frustration. All this hassle takes the enjoyment right out of collecting.

On the bright side at least NECA made their exclusives a variant I can live without and not a major character that would put a hole in my collection.

Reaction score
Something tells me these won't even be out necessarily at each store when they should. Some may be early, but I think most will be late. Each store will just put them out whenever they get around to it.

Regarding the Aliens anniversary wave (Ripley, Dallas, proto xenomorph), I thought they were Target exclusive.
Wave 1 Alien was Target exclusive for sure, and I never saw them in MD. Wave 2 seems wider; I have them ordered thru BBTS.

Reaction score
Finally found the ultimate Big Chap Alien at Walmart. They had two, but one had a broken spine piece rolling around the box. Still no SDCC 2020 stuff.

Reaction score
I dunno if its just me but i swear that Target always has the NECA sci fi stuff such as Predator and Alien/Aliens and the NECA cloth clothes figures like Candyman while Walmart all they still have are Terminator 2, Nightmare on Elm Street 1 Freddy, Elm Street 3 Freddy and the Bride of Chucky NECA pack and couple of Friday the 13th Jasons like 2 different versions of Friday the 13th V Jasons. One is the Roy Jason and the other one is the dream nightmare Jason with at least 3 masks the one with the worms and the nightmare mask thats all white with bunch of mouth breathing holes.

Is that a thing now where Target gets the big sci fi stuff such as Predator and the Alien/Aliens stuff all the time? A store exclusive thing or what?

Reaction score
I’m the opposite...my Targets don’t have much Alien or Predator, but tons of Freddy, Jason, Trick R Treat, Halloween, Hellraiser, and more Godzilla than anything else.

Reaction score
speaking of NECA godzilla there was plenty of old school Godzilla stuff from NECA at the Target store that i was at last week along with a good selection of various Predator stuff and mostly the Alien/Aliens xenomorphs and at least one or two of the cloth clothed Candyman while Walmart they mostly have the Jason figures, Terminator 1 T 800, Freddy Krueger 1 and Elm Street 3 Freddy along with Bride of Chucky and the new Halloween Micheal Myers.

Reaction score
Yeah, but they're killing me with the exclusivity of their TMNT figures. I'm only doing the animated ones and I gotta say it's way more stress than I'm used to with NECA collecting. My job duties recently changed and I don't get the time to hunt that I used to and I just keep narrowly missing these things. I can't help but feel this stuff wouldn't be such scalper bait if they just made more of them!

Reaction score
I've been to target more lately to score the cartoon turtles. After having seen the person stocking the neca area, then being at the store a few days later, target seems to really sell through their neca stock pretty quick. I haven't noticed target not getting horror stuff though. It seems pretty even across all the lines.

Reaction score
I love these preorders. I hope they do all NECA products like this in the future. Makes it so easy to get their products.

Reaction score
I saw a couple of Ultimate T-1000 figures at one Target today while hunting. It was a pass for me, but a great looking figure if someone is trying collect all the T2 characters. I have the T-800 and I look forward to picking up the Sarah and John Conner 2-pack. Even then I just want the Sarah Conner figure. John, not so much.

Reaction score
I'm gonna try to pick that T-1000 up. I passed on him and Sarah on the first round, but was able to get John with the dirt bike. I'll probably end up double dipping on him to get Sarah now.