NECA General Discussion Thread

Reaction score
I so, so wish those were a 7inch sculpted line like the Back to the Future figures. Not a fan of pencil-necked doll bodies and real clothes at this scale.

Yet if these fail a sculpted line definitely will never happen.....urgghh,

Reaction score
Really excited for the continuation of the Alien line. I'm glad they are putting out another Dallas in environment suit as I missed it the first time.

Does anyone know if the Kane figure will come with an unbroken helmet as well as the smashed one? Seems like it should if they are going to give us an extra head with no face hugger on it, but I didn't actually see an unbroken helmet in any photos as an accessory.

I'm not into the Kenner tribute Aliens figures, but I may have to get that Drake. It's the only Kenner figure I every bought as I thought it was the only one that looked even remotely like they did in the movie. I still have that figure in fact. It would look nice displayed together I think. :D

Wait a sec, did NECA ever do a movie Drake figure? I could have sworn they did, but I can't seem to find any info online. I have the Vasquez with smart gun, but I thought it came after Drake in it's release?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Really excited for the continuation of the Alien line. I'm glad they are putting out another Dallas in environment suit as I missed it the first time.

Does anyone know if the Kane figure will come with an unbroken helmet as well as the smashed one? Seems like it should if they are going to give us an extra head with no face hugger on it, but I didn't actually see an unbroken helmet in any photos as an accessory.
I'm going to assume yes, but I can't say I actually saw an unbroken helmet.

So did John Hurt's estate finally sign off on his likeness? Or did he not want action figures made of himself when he was alive? I wonder what changed.

Reaction score
No, there hasn't been a movie Drake yet Sharky. They have been in talks with Mark Rolston though who was enthusiastic about the idea so he'll probably be happening at some point.

Reaction score
The smart gun first came with the Kenner Ripley.

I loved the Kenner toys growing up and I had SOO many of them. Drake looked the most like he did in the movie, but Hicks was a close second. I've been all in on the Aliens line, but I'll probably skip the alien stuff except the Prototype Xeno.

The Kenner tribute aliens, are honestly a LOT cooler than I expected. I haven't preordered the Rhino yet, but he looks like the coolest one yet.

It sounds like if we get movie Drake, it'll be next year because they want Alien as the focus of this year.

Reaction score
I was late jumping on the Kenner tribute train but the Aliens won me over eventually. While the earlier Kenner tribute Predators seemed to me an excuse to keep recycling existing parts I feel like the Aliens were being made from scratch right from the off, all new. The Scorpion Alien wave pushed me over and then I went back and got the prior wave on ebay for a higher price plus any Kenner Marines I'd previously allowed myself to miss. The Predators eventually came good aswell with brand new dedicated figures like the Clan Leader and Lazershot.

Of the T2 ones I've only got the Power-arm T-800 - I feel like some kind of newly sculpted element is a must and the other two figures in the wave were lacking.

Reaction score
My first Predator was the Cracked Tusk tribute because that was my favorite predator growing up. I definitely didn't feel the need to get any more Predators, but the AVP ones were kinda game changers, so I grabbed a few of those and then when the ultimate started coming, some were impossible to say no to.

I didn't snag any of the T2 tributes, but I regret skipping the Sarah Connor and T 1000 ultimates. I keep hoping a Terminator Salvation John Connor appears at a TF or SDCC, but if it doesn't happen soon, it won't at all.

Reaction score
I'm not too optimistic about the future of Terminator from NECA. I get the sense Randy is only interested in the old reliables of T1 and T2 and he seems to feel those are complete when there's still variants they could do of the T-800 and T-1000, Kyle Reese, and Sarah Connor from both films.

They also have Trevor Grove sculpting for them now - he did the Dark Fate figures and I wish we could see him tackle new sculpts for T1 and T2. Dark Fate also brought new elbow articulation that the older figures don't have and could majorly benefit from.

Reaction score
T-1000 Ultimate is up for preorder at Bigbadtoystore.
Thanks!!

Even though it isn't my favorite from the franchise, T3 terminator would be a cool figure. I think he had a cool-looking leather jacket. And a literal casket full of weapons.

Reaction score
Thanks!!

Even though it isn't my favorite from the franchise, T3 terminator would be a cool figure. I think he had a cool-looking leather jacket. And a literal casket full of weapons.
McFarlane did make several back in 2003. Including an Arnold w/casket full of weapons.

Reaction score
No, there hasn't been a movie Drake yet Sharky. They have been in talks with Mark Rolston though who was enthusiastic about the idea so he'll probably be happening at some point.
Good to know. (y) At least I didn't miss the boat on it. I will take the Kenner tribute Drake as a consolation prize. :D

Reaction score
McFarlane did make several back in 2003. Including an Arnold w/casket full of weapons.
I could never get past the statuesque McFarlane figures. Although, yesterday I found a shop by me that has all the Mcfarlane monster figures and they looked pretty tempting after seeing them again after so long.

Reaction score
Would anyone happen to have a Bebop and Rocksteady set they could part with? I saw every recent TMNT set at retail except this one. The scalpers were out in force, i guess...

Reaction score
Its odd how incredibly good the 7" figure sculpts are, but a lot of the human 8" retro cloth face sculpts look way off.

Reaction score
I agree. I mean NECA's 7'' sculpters REALLY are possibly the best in the business. The likenesses are uncanny. But I don't care for those cloth ones either. I don't really like ALL cloth "doll" like figures to begin with...and if I WERE going to buy any, it would be Sideshow.

Reaction score
Would anyone happen to have a Bebop and Rocksteady set they could part with? I saw every recent TMNT set at retail except this one. The scalpers were out in force, i guess...
Just saw Randy tweeted more shipping and online soon. I’m assuming he means the NECA store on Amazon. I’ll keep an eye out for you at Targets I frequent.

Last edited:
Reaction score
How much do those TMNT 2 packs retail for anyway? I'd love to get them, but I saw them on Target.com for $50 and I don't know if I want them for THAT price.

Reaction score
How much do those TMNT 2 packs retail for anyway? I'd love to get them, but I saw them on Target.com for $50 and I don't know if I want them for THAT price.
I'm torn on the price because basically, it's the price two figures would cost, just packaged together. And I got the 2017 SDCC set that was $200 (again, the $25 figured packaged together). So, its practical and I appreciate that, but I do dislike that ALL the figures are two packs. Not that there's many I'll be skipping, but I'd like the option.

Reaction score
I'm torn on the price because basically, it's the price two figures would cost, just packaged together. And I got the 2017 SDCC set that was $200 (again, the $25 figured packaged together). So, its practical and I appreciate that, but I do dislike that ALL the figures are two packs. Not that there's many I'll be skipping, but I'd like the option.
Ah so the $50 is normal retail? I wondered if they were more online. I was HOPING for $40 of course. Yeah it's one of those things where I'm like, sure, I literally want the WHOLE line (both out now and to come) but I just can't afford ALL of that. Especially considering everything else I collect on top of that.

Reaction score
Ah so the $50 is normal retail? I wondered if they were more online. I was HOPING for $40 of course. Yeah it's one of those things where I'm like, sure, I literally want the WHOLE line (both out now and to come) but I just can't afford ALL of that. Especially considering everything else I collect on top of that.
Yeah, for the cartoon two packs. Wal-Mart will have the movie figures going forward. I saw Bebop and Rocksteady one time in December and bought them because they were already in high demand, so I had a good feeling I wouldn't regret it. I actually really liked what they had to show at ToyFair and I would actually consider getting that street scene display.

Reaction score
Well, Rocksteady and Bebop went up for about two minutes last night. Sighhhh...

I checked Targets in Detroit and Toledo today, too.

Updated: found a set in store this AM. They had these and the Shredder set, as well as the new 30th anniversary ultimate Big Chap figure. I left that one... for now.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well, Rocksteady and Bebop went up for about two minutes last night. Sighhhh...

I checked Targets in Detroit and Toledo today, too.

Updated: found a set in store this AM. They had these and the Shredder set, as well as the new 30th anniversary ultimate Big Chap figure. I left that one... for now.
I have been looking...glad you scored finally.

Reaction score
I love NECA, but about the only horror lines I collect are Alien, Aliens, Predator and a few Pennywise(both versions). I love the retro like Jaws, Planet of the Apes, etc. I have a good bit of Robocop & Terminator as well, plus a few Rocky and Rambo pieces.

Reaction score
Picked up the Ultimate Big Chap Alien from Target today. As soon as I opened the flap to see it I instantly decided to buy it. Really nice overall, though a bit pricey.

Reaction score
Saw this over at BBTS. Though pricey @$299(with working winch and LED lighting), and more suited for 1:12 scale...it would be perfect for several NECA T2 figures...
5CE2CDCE-FE5F-47FE-8E77-ACD00B9B37CC.jpeg

Reaction score
I picked up that NECA SDCC Batman/Joker xeno 2-pack at Wal-Mart. Such a cool set, and I'm psyched I was able to finally get it for retail. No sign of the Green Lantern/Yellow Pred Lantern set, but they did have the SDCC black and white Pennywise, too.

Reaction score
I picked up that NECA SDCC Batman/Joker xeno 2-pack at Wal-Mart. Such a cool set, and I'm psyched I was able to finally get it for retail. No sign of the Green Lantern/Yellow Pred Lantern set, but they did have the SDCC black and white Pennywise, too.
Wow, that’s awesome...I was able to score that Pennywise on their 2nd sale day after SDCC.

Reaction score
I found a Rhino Alien last night at target. Had trouble ringing it up because someone had put a bathbomb price tag on it so it would ring up for $1.99. It took 3 cashiers, but one of them figured it Out and said that type of thing happens a lot with the collector stuff. Anyway, he's a HUGE figure and looks pretty cool. The cashiers were even admiring it. It was kinda funny.