NECA General Discussion Thread

Reaction score
I thought I'd start a general discussion thread for NECA upcoming figures, news, events, etc.

Reaction score
Super excited for the ultimate predators coming out soon! And whatever cool stuff they release for the 30th anniversary.

Reaction score
As much as I disliked AVP, this line of both Preds and Xenos are awesome. I've been all in for every release thus far. Looking forward to the gitd eggs/Xenos, as well as the temple pillars.

Reaction score
Was at TRU yesterday and found the 1989 Keaton BM figure. They had one laying on the adult collector area, the package is beat to hell and back but the figure is pristine. I never thought I would find this figure, and very surprised to see these making a comeback at retail.

Reaction score
Was at TRU yesterday and found the 1989 Keaton BM figure. They had one laying on the adult collector area, the package is beat to hell and back but the figure is pristine. I never thought I would find this figure, and very surprised to see these making a comeback at retail.
He's a solid figure, congrats on the find. Makes you pine for a Nicholson Joker all the more. Unfortunate that it will never happen.

Reaction score
A Nicholson Joker would be a welcomed figure in my collection. Standing next to my Ledger DK Joker. But yes unfortunately this will never see the light of day. The only problem would be if NECA was to release a version of this most wanted figure would be getting your hands on one.

Reaction score
Its becoming increasingly difficult to get neca stuff here in the UK. Our TRU's don't stock them, and it seems like all the third party vendors over here seem to hike the price with every new wave. Standard price here stayed solidly at 17/18 pounds for a few years in a row, but now you can't find the alien 3 wave for less than 26 quid! Its hard to keep up when you're on a budget and there's a price rise every wave. By the time Vasquez and Frost hit I can see the price creeping up near £30......

Last edited:
Reaction score
Its becoming increasingly difficult to get neca stuff here in the UK. Our TRU's don't stock them, and it seems like all the third party vendors over here seem to hike the price with every new wave. Standard price here stayed solidly at 17/18 pounds for a few years in a row, but now you can't find the alien 3 wave for less than 26 quid! Its hard to keep up when you're on a budget and there's a price rise every wave. By the time Vasquez and Frost hit I can see the price creeping up near £30......
Not sure if you have a Twitter account, but if you do, you can reach out to Randy Faulk. Let him know what's going on, and he might be able to help level things out. Just a suggestion.

Reaction score
Not sure if you have a Twitter account, but if you do, you can reach out to Randy Faulk. Let him know what's going on, and he might be able to help level things out. Just a suggestion.
Yeah, I do follow Randy on there, he's always very good at helping out, but in this case I don't think there would anything he could do to help. We're talking about greedy third party vendors, something he'd have absolutely no control over....

Reaction score
Weird, I also saw a couple of these recently at my local TRU. Cards were also pretty beat.

Speaking in terms of general NECA stuff, I was thinking last night how awesome it would be for them to carry the "ultimate" concept to some of the other lines. I'd love to see a couple of "ultimate" Rambos or "ultimate" Aliens marines with extra heads, weapons and gear like the "ultimate" Terminator figures.

Reaction score
NECA should incorporate the Ultimate line into every franchise that they have a licence for. Not every figure mind you but at least one or two from each line, especially the lines that have made NECA who they are today.

Reaction score
I asked on twitter if it would be possible to get an Ultimate Crow or if the license expired, unfortunately it did expire, so there's no chance for that.

I only started buying NECA stuff right before the Aliens line started. I passed on a lot of cool stuff because it heavily lacked articulation. I don't regret passing that stuff up, I just wish they had upped the POA earlier than they did.

Reaction score
Stopped into TRU & asked my fav. Dept. lead to check in the back for new Neca box via UPS...he came back with a box the size of a kids bike. Mostly restocked: Terminator Ultimates, Cinemachines, Alien 3. No Aliens accessory pack, but I picked up police station assault ultimate Arnie.

Reaction score
...oh yeah, the gi-normous box also had the new NECA clear stands as well.

Reaction score
Haven't seen the stands yet at my TRU locations. How much were they asking for them? Was it the dynamic stand, or just the peg stands, or both? Really need me some stands!

Reaction score
Didn't know NECA made such a thing! I will definitely have to pick up a couple of those if I see them!

Reaction score
Well, whatta ya know...stopped by TRU on the way home from work and not only did I find the new Ultimate Terminator but also the dynamic stands! This are pretty darn cool...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Still no stands but by golly I found a Reeves Superman and was psyched to get to choose from 4. Such an awesome figure NECA has produced but hey when have they ever let us down? I know I have always been on bored with NECA productions.

Reaction score
Figured I'd ask the question: with all of NECA's current and upcoming releases, what are you looking forward to most? For me it's S17 Predator, Clan Leader, Scarface, and the Kenner Aliens.

Reaction score
For those that follow NECA on Twitter: does it annoy the s!&t out of anyone else when people constantly ask them if they'll make ________ figures? It seems they answer the same questions every day. Do people not go back and search their previous tweets? I've made a comment or 2 about it, they've laughed and said people never read, it's easier to just keep responding. The best are the ones that ask if they'll make figures from some obscure tv show or movie. Common sense, folks...do you really think "Encino Man" figures would sell? Ugh.

Reaction score
I would totally buy a Paulie Shore figure from Encino Man...but only if he came with a slurpee machine so that you could pose him "Weasing the juice";)

Reaction score
Still no stands but by golly I found a Reeves Superman and was psyched to get to choose from 4. Such an awesome figure NECA has produced but hey when have they ever let us down? I know I have always been on bored with NECA productions.
I got the Reeve Superman this past week. It's darn near perfect... I hear the movie theme in my head every time I look at it! I wish my Hasbro Star Wars figures could match the likenesses of the actors as much as this one does for Reeve.

Reaction score
I got the Reeve Superman this past week. It's darn near perfect... I hear the movie theme in my head every time I look at it! I wish my Hasbro Star Wars figures could match the likenesses of the actors as much as this one does for Reeve.
No joke there, NECA nailed the likeness of Reeves. Even the suit and muscle tone of the body is spot on. Was at a TRU today and they had about 4 DK Jokers. I say about because it looked like the inside of the store was hit by a hurricane! I had mentioned to my girlfriend, are we in ROSS what store is this? She got a good laugh from that.

Reaction score
With regards to them getting asked if they'll make figure ___________ on twitter, I think that's equally annoying as the complaining about exclusives or when someone pitches a fit and argues something like "no actually this ::insert random semi-obscure character from 40 years ago:: has a massive following and you're not seeing the big picture" and actually really tries to keep the fight going.

Those are kind of painful to read.

I'm excited about the upcoming Predator series and all the aliens stuff coming out right now (haven't found series 9 yet and still catching up on a few recent ones).

Reaction score
Did someone actually ask for Encino Man figures? Now I could see NECA producing Mad Max products for sure. I would like to see them tackle the Universal Monsters line, but I know Diamond Select has those on lock. Or more of the random Rob Zombie characters from each movie he's done. But I'm just happy NECA is still producing such quality products... I still can't find any of those freakin stands, that's what I'm really wanting.

Reaction score
LOL, me too!

Reaction score
With regards to them getting asked if they'll make figure ___________ on twitter, I think that's equally annoying as the complaining about exclusives or when someone pitches a fit and argues something like "no actually this ::insert random semi-obscure character from 40 years ago:: has a massive following and you're not seeing the big picture" and actually really tries to keep the fight going.

Those are kind of painful to read.

I'm excited about the upcoming Predator series and all the aliens stuff coming out right now (haven't found series 9 yet and still catching up on a few recent ones).
Agreed, those are crazy too. I don't think collectors realize how much money goes into designing, sculpting, tooling, etc. new figures...and how much a company would need to sell to just break even. 50 people buying a $22 figure of "obscure random '80s sci-fi action movie character" could seriously jeopardize their finances.

Did someone actually ask for Encino Man figures? Now I could see NECA producing Mad Max products for sure. I would like to see them tackle the Universal Monsters line, but I know Diamond Select has those on lock. Or more of the random Rob Zombie characters from each movie he's done. But I'm just happy NECA is still producing such quality products... I still can't find any of those freakin stands, that's what I'm really wanting.
Yeah, no joke! Someone actually asked if they were going to make Encino Man figures. Now, was the guy asking it being completely serious or a wise *****, I don't know, but NECA actually responded with "no plans" or something. They've said they'd love to do Mad Max stuff from the original movies up to the latest, but the guy who controls it all doesn't want to merchandise it out for some reason. And as much as I love Universal Monsters, it's really been done to death...NECA probably feels the same.

Last edited:
Reaction score
True about the Universal Monsters. I would just like to see what Neca could do with the monsters. Considering their track record with every other properties that they have nailed, just curious of what they would produce. I'm happy with my Diamond Select monsters don't get me wrong, just a lil curious with Neca.

Reaction score
I'd pre-order Universal Monsters from them in a heartbeat. They have been done to death, but apart from some of the recent DST figures, are there any that have really good articulation? If I'm not mistaken, their Dracula doesn't have articulation below waist (if even there).

I'm curious what they'll have for Robocop's 30th next year. They've said they are going to be celebrating, but someone asked if they should hold off or buy the jetpack Robo and Randy said to get the jetpack. And Weller hasn't allowed his likeness to be used, so an Ultimate Robocop with unmasked head isn't likely.

Reaction score
I regret not picking up the BD Robocop and the GITD TRU version in regards to the above statement. NECA has a weird way of pulling miracles out of the hat, so they may be working towards a Weller likeness agreement. Also, I received my New Nightmare Freddy today. What a fantastic figure he turned out to be.

Reaction score
I'd pre-order Universal Monsters from them in a heartbeat. They have been done to death, but apart from some of the recent DST figures, are there any that have really good articulation? If I'm not mistaken, their Dracula doesn't have articulation below waist (if even there).

I'm curious what they'll have for Robocop's 30th next year. They've said they are going to be celebrating, but someone asked if they should hold off or buy the jetpack Robo and Randy said to get the jetpack. And Weller hasn't allowed his likeness to be used, so an Ultimate Robocop with unmasked head isn't likely.
DST actually retooled the older versions of the Universal monsters, that's why we are now getting super articulated versions finally. Not sure how far back in the line they will go revamping them but I think they should do all of them, we need a good articulated Frankenstein now Dracula I wasn't impressed with the sculpt aside from poor articulation. Retool Dracula and I might pick one up?

Reaction score
I bought the 7" Neca 1966 Batman from TRU last night. Really, really digging it... adds some fun and campiness to my action figure display. One wrist is a little loose, but I have no complaints about the figure otherwise. I guess it is too much to hope for Neca to do 1966 versions of Robin, Joker, Penguin, and Riddler...

Reaction score
Anyone looking to pick up the Ash Vs Evil Dead line? That Eligos looks awesome, and they did a solid job on Bruce's likeness.