Neca - Evil Dead

Reaction score
Picked up NECA Evil Dead 2 at TRU during lunch time. Each for $14.99.
- Deadite Ash
- Farewell to Arm

There are 2 versions of Deadite Ash. One has all white eyeballs for the severed head and the other one filled in eyeballs.

Reaction score
Picked up Farewell to Arms Ash and both variants of Deadite Ash. Normally, I'm not into varaints but with a small run of Evil Dead figures, I had to make an exception.

Reaction score
I saw these at TRU as well. Love the movie and the figures are great...I just dont feel like I need toys from this movie

Reaction score
Saw them too, didn't pick them up due to low collecting funds, but I will eventually. I still need the Neca S-Mart Ash from a few years ago, too. Great looking figures.

Reaction score
check out BBTS.com - they've got deadite Ash/farewell to arms set of 2 and Henrietta all in stock at close to retail!

Reaction score
I got Deadite and Farwell to Arms Ash off Ebay for about $20 per including shipping. Not too bad.

Still need a lead on a sane priced Hero Ash! $35+ from eBay/Amazon just feels like too much to pay!

Reaction score
Just ordered ED2 series 2 off eBay. About $41 total, which I feel is great since that Hero Ash seems to go for $35+ alone.

Got all 4 figures for about $75, I think I did quite well for not buying them at retail when I could/should have!

Reaction score
Can anyone who has both the NECA Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness figures tell me if they are in scale with each other? I feel like someone has told me the AoD figs are a little bigger...

Reaction score
Picked up the S-Mart Ash from the Cult Classics line the other day at a flea market, still sealed in the package for $5. That's a steal, I would say. I passed on this figure so many times a few years back for some dumb reason, glad I had another chance.

Reaction score
Wow, great deal! I just got him last week for $25 shipped but I consider that a pretty good bargain compared to eBay and local shows.

If you open him, watch out for his tags. They are stickers and the sticky was cheap, has worn off and most ended up needing regluing. Couldn't find his nametag at all so I had to print out a tiny picture of it on label paper.

I also ended up grabbing Medieval Ash for the same price at a horror convention a month back. I got the second release on a cardback, wish I could have gotten the first release in the blister pack because from what I've seen they are painted MUCH better.

Sorta related, I might have a line locally on a NECA Bubba Ho-Tep Elvis/Sebastian Hoff figure for $10 and a McFarlane Ash Vs. Pit Witch set for around the same...

Reaction score
That's cool. I'm pretty sure the first release of Medieval Ash had a big base/stand thing, did the carded re-release have that too?

Bubba Ho Tep is an awesome movie, you just reminded me that I have both figures but never opened them for some reason. Actually have a bunch of older NECAs stored away that I still haven't opened (Kill Bill, pretty much all the POTC figures, a bunch of Cult Classics). One of these days I gotta free them all. Just have no shelf space.

Reaction score
Nope, mine didn't come with the stand. I forgot about that. I ordered the Donnie Darko Frank for my lady awhile back and it was a similar situation. She got one with a base and mailbox, and when I snagged the rerelease at retail he came standless.

That's okay, I order those Marauder stands for my NECA stuff. The paint thing bothers me more. Ash's face is just painted so badly it kinda doesn't look like Bruce.

Reaction score
Yeah, not sure what was up with those carded re-releases they did. I guess they were a cheaper option for those who missed out on stuff, but not including stuff like the bases is kinda lame. The paint on a few I've seen looked rushed, too.

Reaction score
Yeah, the paint hurts more than the base. This Ash is looking way off to the right and his pupils look like crap. I'm REALLY bad at repainting eyes, though I've never tried on anything bigger than a 3 3/4" figures.

The two NECA AoD figures are also indeed a little bit taller than their ED2 figures.

Wish list time?

AoD
I'd dig newer updated version of Medieval and S-Mart Ash
'Hail to the King' Ash after he throws off his S-Mart shirt
'Pit' Ash (could probably reuse ED2 parts)
Bad/Evil Ash (in armor, like the McF version)
Two headed Ash
First (skinnier) Pit Witch

ED2
Dead dancing Linda
Crazy laughing Ash (w/ laughing lamp and Kandarian Dagger)

I'd even take an ED1 Ash!

Reaction score
beautiful. i want to make an Evil Dead 2 dio too but space is very limited. in the mean time Deadite Ash is standing on the old gnarled tree base that came with the McFarlane Toys Headless Horseman and Ash w/shotgun is standing in the Movie Maniacs 7 Leatherface base (great accessory, i don't even display that Leatherface lol)

Utinniii

Reaction score
Those are some pretty cool figures. I nearly bought Henrietta and an Ash except I only ever buy 3.75 scale human figures. I missed out on the Palisaide figures when they came out.

If you look near the 2 Witches in this pic you can see my 3 Necronomicons that I made. I have a possessed Deer head somewhere too. The second pic has me as Ash.

I have a Fisher Price figure I'm converting into Ash and eventually, I hope to make a Kandarian Demon (using Dragon puzzle wings), 2 headed Ash (with mini-Ashes), Henrietta and Ed.

Reaction score
Ash Comparison by scarrviper, on Flickr

From left to right - Ultimate, Farewell to arms, and Deadite. The older versions are still decent figures, but the new ultimate is superior. The new legs look so much better and the paint is also improved

Ash Accessory Comparisons by scarrviper, on Flickr

I decided to put this together since I noticed some changes to his accessories. The new are on the left, old on the right.

Linda's head - Eyes are now all white, hair and blood colors slightly different. Skin has less pink to it.

Book of the Dead - Seems to be the same incorrect book as the original. My older copy has been customized to look more movie accurate. The one in the middle is a movie accurate version that came with the retro style deadite ash. It is a little large but I think it looks the best.

Axe- Handle is lighter and the green blood now has some black added and a nice coat of gloss over it which is noticeable in person.

Tape recorder - Reels are now grey/white and silver rather than brown and tan. Rest of the changes are very minor.

Deadite ash head - More blood, darker hair, and a more precise paint job.

Possessed hand- Paint is less sloppy and darker, nails are better painted, as are the bones. Also has new blood spatter applied.

Shotgun - Very similar, but the stock now lacks the thick grain lines that were present on the original. I have repainted the forward grip on both to match the stock since on both versions Neca incorrectly painted it silver.

Reaction score
Cozy Cabin 2.0 WIP by scarrviper, on Flickr

Here's some teasers of my new and improved cabin diorama. There's still lots of work to do, but I should have the cabin finished before the Ash and Ed two pack arrives.