NECA/DS - Terminator Franchise

Reaction score
I saw that at mine in MD, too. I have the orig., but had never seen the Endo at WalMart recently.

Reaction score
I found an Endoskeleton at Walgreens today. I was surprised, since I don't think I've ever seen any NECA figures at Walgreens. They also had Pacific Rim and Godzilla figures, plus Back to the Future and Nightmare Before Christmas ReAction figures.
Have been seeing these at Walgreens here too. Is this figure any good? Have been thinking about picking one up.

Reaction score
Yes, that's the best Endo they've done. I think the paint is even cooler than the last T1 release too. The articulation and moving pistons, etc. will definitely cause your brain to eject out of the back of your skull.

Okay... so am I weird for wanting a naked '84 Terminator? I mean, I know the answer is yeah, but I'm a completist and how cool would it be to have it fighting the '84 Guardian?

I mean, I'm not talking full anatomical accuracy, a Ken doll-esque pelvic region would be find for me...

Oh, and of course he'd need an alternate BD'd head with a smashed parking meter accessory.

Reaction score
Bought Genisys Arnold and Genisys t-1000 from amazon. Have they announced or hinted at anything beyond Sarah?
Check out their Twitter and #t2sday. There's a Genisys 2017 Guardian and an NES T2 T-800 (the new Ultimate t-800 repainted in the video game style) coming later this year, and they teased the Dark Horse Comics' Robocop/Endo mash-up early sculpt a while back. Said it "may" be coming out next year, or it might not happen at all. I'm still hoping they release that Robocop vs. Terminator robo-dog they showed off at last year's TF and Comic Cons.

Reaction score
I picked up an extra Guardian and did my custom... took less than an hour before work today!

You may even notice the javelin hole in his right upper chest!

Next I think I might super articulate a T2 T-1000. It's not as simple as boiling and popping as the T2 upper torso and T:G lower legs are both 'male' jointed, but I'm thinking I could slice the post off the T2 version and drill a new socket for the bottom half to fit into. Other than that I'd just need to swap their belts, which thankfully are both molded separately and glued onto each figure...

Reaction score
I picked up an extra Guardian and did my custom... took less than an hour before work today!

You may even notice the javelin hole in his right upper chest!

Next I think I might super articulate a T2 T-1000. It's not as simple as boiling and popping as the T2 upper torso and T:G lower legs are both 'male' jointed, but I'm thinking I could slice the post off the T2 version and drill a new socket for the bottom half to fit into. Other than that I'd just need to swap their belts, which thankfully are both molded separately and glued onto each figure...
Looks pretty cool, good work. I haven't picked those up yet but they're really nice looking figures.

And you may want to hold off on that SA T2 T-1000...they have an Ultimate T-1000 planned for early next year (after the T2 Sarah Connor, I forgot to mention that in my previous post).

Reaction score
I considered that, but beyond leg articulation I feel it's hard to call the current T-800 "Ultimate". I mean, he's missing all the torso damage, the heads are painted worse than the first release, etc. Besides, unless the Ultimate T-1000 has a swappable torso like the Genisys one, it's super redundant because I already have them all. Plus, he would need an entire separate bottom half for the motorcycle pants/boots...

So anyway, here's my decision...

Reaction score
So I realized why the Ultimate T-800 has that split midway up his left thigh... the later figures have a battle damaged knee, and I'm sure NECA is forward thinking on this one to use the least amount of new parts. I would almost bet we'll get an 'ultimate' steel mill version with both BD'd heads, swappable damaged arm, knee, etc. Count on it!

Reaction score
Got Genisys Arnold and t-1000 today...nothing much to them. I don't know why NECA is so reluctant to listen to fan demand and make the popular figures but chose to make figures from mediocre to ****** movies/games like Genisys here and Aliens Colonial Marines.

Reaction score
I dunno, I like these figures because I honestly liked the first half of the movie (1984 part, they lost me after the time skip) and this wave is from that. They are well done, too.

But A:CM? I don't think they've announced any plans for that, thankfully. Did you mean Isolation? Cuz I'd have to disagree there too, that game was phenomenal and I can't wait for that wave (though space suit Amanda is a tad gratuitous).

Reaction score
I dunno, I like these figures because I honestly liked the first half of the movie (1984 part, they lost me after the time skip) and this wave is from that. They are well done, too.

But A:CM? I don't think they've announced any plans for that, thankfully. Did you mean Isolation? Cuz I'd have to disagree there too, that game was phenomenal and I can't wait for that wave (though space suit Amanda is a tad gratuitous).
I remember seeing posts or prototype images of stuff from A:CMs in the aliens thread.

Reaction score
T-800 by scarrviper, on Flickr

Decided to buy my very first terminator figure today. I'm very impressed. Can't wait for the t-1000 now. Hopefully T1 gets the same treatment with ultimate versions.

Reaction score
Awesome pic!

I don't dig the ultimate T-1000. Without the jacket, motorcycle pants boots and helmet he's not really ultimate. Plus, if he doesn't come with that stuff why does he come with a holed head and the stabby fingers?

Plus, I already made my Galleria Mall and Pescadero Escape version's ultimate with the new Genisys body.

But now I need my Steel Mill and Motorcycle Cop versions to have modern articulation!

Reaction score
Man, I saw that ultimate T-800 at TRU a few weeks back and passed on it...been kicking myself ever since.

Reaction score
He's cool, but I'm still not digging the 'ultimate' branding. Where's his torn up chest, knee and arm? How come they've never made the rotary smoke grenade launcher? Undoubtedly we'll get another 'more ultimate' edition later on.

Just like the comments I recently made on the T-1000. He can't be 'ultimate' if he's only accurate for half the movie.

Whatever, I love Terminator figs and have them all anyway, just to be clear.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Looks like Sarah is delayed until January, at least at TRU.com.

Reaction score
Quick question about the Ultimate t-800. Is the mini-gun supposed to have some sort of a handle on the back end? Mine looks like it has a peg there, but no real way for him to grip the gun...just the handle on top.

Reaction score
That's what I thought.. Couldn't find a good pic of the mini-gun though. Looks like I got a bum one then, unless it fell off and is somewhere on the floor. Ah well, still a great figure, really glad I found another one. Looking forward to Sarah now. It also looks like I'll have to pick up one of those Endo-skeletons at Walgreens.

Reaction score
Yes, it's a great figure. I'm looking forward to Sarah and the T-1000 too. I just looked at my mini gun and it does look like the handle is a separate piece that is glued on,so hopefully it is laying on the floor somewhere.

Reaction score
Just received my Ultimate Sarah Connor figure. Awesome likeness to Hamilton. Comparing it to my McFarlane versions I have to say that the details on the McFarlane are better as far as her pants, boots, and vest, but the likeness on the Neca version is superior. Possible that the details on the body are more accurate to the movie on the Neca version and McFarlane just added details for a better look because pics I've looked at seem to favor Necas.

Reaction score
I ordered Pops from TRU.com. not sure why as I hated the 2nd half of Genisys. I also forgot to use my $5 in TRU bucks!

This is what happens when I order things on New Years Day before I'm fully conscious...

Reaction score
Man, my TRU seems behind on EVERYTHING because they're waiting for the friggin' rep/merchandiser to come in. THey haven't even put out Alien: Isolation yet.

Reaction score
Stopped by this am at my TRU again & they had three ultimate Sarah's...worst paint apps. I've ever seen from NECA, so I passed. The heads had all popped & were rolling around inside the clamshells.

Reaction score
Neca Ultimate Sarah Connor by scarrviper, on Flickr

Received ultimate Sarah from amazon today. I didn't plan on picking her up, but with the T-1000 almost upon us I had a change of heart. Glad I did, she's fantastic. Spot on likeness, clean paint apps, and excellent accessories. They all feel very sturdy, no warping like with the T-800 weapons. Only had 3 stuck joints, the knees and the right hip. Hot water and patience sorted them out. I did have to adjust her sunglasses, one side wasn't pushed into place all the way. Thankfully there was hardly any glue used and I was able to pop out the glasses stem and then push them in. They were such a tight fit I didn't have to use any glue.

Two observations- You can remove her vest and belt if you carefully pop her in half at the waist, it's a ball and socket joint. Also the shotgun stock has a locking feature so it doesn't flop back and forth. In either position if you squeeze the hinge it locks into place.

Overall I highly recommend her. Worth every penny.

Last edited:

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Found one and only one at a single TRU after checking 3 over a couple weeks' time! She looks good; can't wait to set her up with ponytail and no hat version.

Reaction score
Got my Sarah Connors yesterday. Amazing figure, am glad they finally did it. The flak vest can be removed fairly easily, but it is glued on! Annoying. I am really impressed, I got 3 figures for all 3 different looks, if you remove the vest and change heads it makes for some different looks.

Reaction score
Neca Ultimate T-1000 by scarrviper, on Flickr

So this arrived today.
Overall I'm very pleased with this figure. I love the wide variety of display options thanks to multitude of alternate parts he comes with. My only gripe is that I wish they would have included the other "split open" head rather than the one here where his head is putting itself back together. A few paint touch ups here and there and he will be good to go.
Also, whomever at amazon packed this figure for shipping was extremely lazy. Rather than putting it in a box, they just stuck it in a plastic bag with a label on it. No bubble wrap, no protection, just a bag like what clothes are typically shipped in. As a result the packaging suffered some damage. Thankfully the figure wasn't harmed.

Last edited:

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
I opted for the long hair headsculpt with shotgun for displaying Sarah ;)

Though it would be a hard sell, they really need to make a young John to go with the group.

Last edited: