NECA/DS - Terminator Franchise

Reaction score
Got my Tech Noir T-800 today. WOW! Very pleased with paint and everything. I watched the original again last night, and it made me want an ultimate Reese, a Sarah, and I'd like to see them do the infiltrator that came into the underground base as well.

Reaction score
Ultimate Terminator - Police Station by scarrviper, on Flickr

Found mine today at the local collectables shop. Didn't expect to find him so soon. Here's my initial thoughts-

No stuck joints for once. All of them moved freely, some seem to be lubricated.

If you can, compare the sunglasses in the store. Some that I saw seemed to have plastic missing on one side and looked uneven. And they are nice and glossy, not a flat finish like we feared.

The alternate heads do not want to pop on, they are extremely tight. I will have to hollow out the neck sockets on them some.

Guns are all hard plastic :yess: Not soft like the tech noir rubber guns.

Both pairs of hands are far better quality than the ultimate Tech Noir hands.
(as a side note, my alternate left hand for my tech noir turned out to be defective and cracked apart, and NECA CS has me on wait list for a replacement since they don't have any replacements in for some reason.)

Heads all look decent, I like how they have the paler skin as he does in the movie. I will be repainting the hair and the blood on them though.

Stay tuned, I'll hopefully have some loose pics next week.

Last edited:
Reaction score
NECA will be revealing something new for T2 this week. I'm hoping it turns out to be a young John Conner/T-800 2-pack much like the Ripley/Newt two-pack. Here's to wishing.

Reaction score
...it's a 25th anniversary Arnie with rose box & 2 head sculpts. Prebooking now over at BBTS. Also two new Cinemachines...the aerial HK & tank with rolling treads.

Reaction score
Ultimate T-1000 - Motorcycle Cop by scarrviper, on Flickr

I wasn't sure I was going to pick this one up, but I'm glad I did. The paintjob is pretty solid, and the quality control is good as well. I do agree that his legs seem a bit shorter than they should be, and mine does suffer from "one leg longer than the other syndrome" but overall I'm happy.

Reaction score
Saw the 3-D box edition with the guns 'n roses box...but passed; don't need another An-null. Sighting was at TRU.

Reaction score
Yeah, saw the same figure at my TRU yesterday. Never did see the ultimate T-1000, has that ship sailed?

Reaction score
Interesting note, NECA tweeted yesterday that they do in fact have Edward Furlong's likeness rights. I foresee a John Connor in the future.

Reaction score
Terminator by scarrviper, on Flickr

Picked up the rose box T-800 yesterday. I had passed on it twice, this time there was nothing else to buy so I grabbed one. I think the paintjob on the heads is actually an improvement over the ultimate T-800. My only gripe is that he should have came with roses for the box.

T-800 by scarrviper, on Flickr

Reaction score
^^^ I agree, and second that motion! :)

I picked up the Aerial HK this week - it’s fantastically detailed, and well-worth every cent (IMO)!

The sculpting is impressive, the chrome weathering subtle and effective, and overall it packs a good bit of diecast metal heft!

My Highly recommended Cinemachine diecast!

Last edited:
Reaction score
The Robocop vs. Terminator figures are both at TRU now. I picked up both, I loved the comic and arcade game as a kid. Mostly reused Robocop parts, and the Endo arms seem a bit long on them but they're both pretty cool overall. Just don't expect many surprises!

The Endo dog is the coolest part. It has way more articulation than I expected!

Last edited:
Reaction score
That's a shame because I think they would make a really amazing Salvation John Connor.

Reaction score
I don't think so. Unless they finally do a T2 John, which at this point they really should. I think they've said they aren't into doing T3 or Salvation figures...
That's a shame because I think they would make a really amazing Salvation John Connor.
​I would have thought T2 Connor would be a much bigger seller than Salvation, not even close?

Reaction score
Was pleasantly surprised to walk into TRU yesterday and find an Ultimate T-1000! It was the regular (not motorcycle cop) version. I love how old NECA stuff just randomly appears at TRU sometimes.

Reaction score
​I would have thought T2 Connor would be a much bigger seller than Salvation, not even close?
I agree that T2 John would be the bigger seller, but I also think a Salvation John would be one of those figures a lot of people would buy on the spot because it would look so cool. The accessories they could load him up with would be a fair amount, and the outfit he wears would translate really well to a figure.