NECA/DS - Terminator Franchise

GNT

Reaction score
Since the last thread is nearing the end please carry on here.

Has this line officially ended?

Last few posts from the last thread...

Blight said:
ThallJoben said:
Yes, the pictures of these new Terminator toys (in the post above dated 2/13) look superb.

I had a question - I haven't seen either the original Terminator (1984) or T3 (2003) in many years, so my memory is somewhat dim on both of these films; one of these forthcoming figures is the Arnold Terminator wearing a shirt with graffiti all over it - is this from the first Terminator film? Just curious - Thanks!
In the original Terminator film, he wears a punk shirt with a crazy colored pattern on it before he upgrades to the single color undershirt at the police station shootout.
Share all your thoughts and opinions on this line here

Reaction score
Re: NECA/DS Terminator 2: Judgement Day - v2

The next wave looks great -probably get all of them.

Reaction score

Wish they make John Connor and Sarah Connor with actual hair (nylon) and in hospital gown.

Reaction score

Feeling a bit indifferent towards endoskeletons in this size now but I ordered one from Forbidden planet along with the other 2 figures in the wave - Tech Noir T-800 and Motorcycle cop T-1000

Reaction score

Wow!
I'm liking the look of the new endo, especially in that packaging!!!

I'm gonna get me at least two of those (adding to the other x3 Neca 7-inch endos I already own).

I like how it's a cleaner paint-job (giving the impression that this is a 'new' endo hot off the factory line, so to speak - which is appropriate for the Terminator movie line, being the first movie in the series). The plasma rifle paint-job looks cleaner as well, with little or no wear/battle-damage/aging/etc...

Overall I'm looking forward to getting one of these.

The head sculpt looks good as well.

Well done Neca!!!

Reaction score

Don't care about endos in general, let alone a rehash. BUT...

I will be getting doubles of all of the other upcoming figures. They look stellar.

Reaction score

Well hopefully it's out before their street date (July).

Reaction score

If these show up in stores early, that's just fine with me. Hoping to get them all in one shot.

Reaction score

Jay_the_Lesser said:
If these show up in stores early, that's just fine with me. Hoping to get them all in one shot.
Amen to that. I hate checking TRUs everyday until I have everything.

Reaction score

Just got a reply back from NECA @ facebook that there might be Reese in Series 3.

Reaction score

^^^ That's fantastic to hear!!!

Getting a Neca 7-inch Kyle Reese figure, to go up against all the terminators, would be a dream come true!!!!

Reaction score

I hadn't heard of them hitting yet or seen any online but I was so thrilled to find the motorcycle cop t-1000 at the comic shop today. The tech noir Arnold was sold out and I passed on the endo but it was a great surprise finding him so soon

crappy pic:

Reaction score

these are out already? sweet!

Reaction score

Yup. Been out a few weeks. I have 4 of the new T 1000 now (I plan to swap the lower legs with the upcoming steel mill one) but I have yet to pick up Arnold

Reaction score

Hey, is the Police Station T-800 in the next wave? I had thought he was in the first...

I just ordered the Tech Noir one from an amazon seller. I was having a hard time deciding if I wanted the Tech Noir or Police Station version, so that made my choice a bit easier. Now I can save up my money for the other when series 2 hits.

Reaction score

i went today to the furthest FYE and they had the whole new wave of T2 figures. i guess i got lucky cuz there was plenty of them there, but i didnt see any of the "donut hole" T1000's. i told myself i wasnt gonna get anymore T2 figures but i brole down. i did pick up the motorcycle T1000. WOW......another amazing job by neca. i sold my collection of T2 figures a while ago, but i only kept the more recent final battle" arnie with the slanted eyes and now the MC t1000. im quite happy haveing these 2, even though i loved the other figures, i just dont have anough room for all of them.

what i AM waiting for however is the masked '87 Predator which i feel ive been waiting for years. thats supposed to be in july now?

Reaction score

AgentClaret said:
Hey, is the Police Station T-800 in the next wave? I had thought he was in the first...

I just ordered the Tech Noir one from an amazon seller. I was having a hard time deciding if I wanted the Tech Noir or Police Station version, so that made my choice a bit easier. Now I can save up my money for the other when series 2 hits.

let me clarify...there are TWO waves. The next is due in september. All thats out now is

Motorcycle Cop T-1000
Endoskeleton
Tech Noir T-800

but coming soon is

Donut head/steel Mill T-1000
Surgery T-800
Police Station T-800

as nice as the current wave is, I'm already finished with it. Cant wait to stock up on wave 2

Reaction score

i LOVE the motorcycle cop T1000, my favorite by far.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Reaction score

yeah its a great figure. smooth articulation (love the knee joints), cleaner paint. less quality problems. One of mine is missing a holster, but NECA is sending a replacement utility belt. Overall much better quality wise than the previous series

Reaction score

I have the new wave of Terminator figures for what I paid for at Toys R Us if anyone is interested. Picked them originally for someone who got them already....Don't have my full list complete yet to list in classifieds...but if someone is needing this wave...jet me a pm.

Reaction score

Hey Peeps!

I have just pre-ordered both Tech Noir Arnie and the T-800 Endo - I can't wait for these to arrive!!!

So excited!!!!

Reaction score

Received my Tech Noir Arnold today. Very cool!

I haven't watched Terminator in a bit, can someone refresh my memory how his hair gets shortened and he loses his eyebrows?

Reaction score

From the original screenplay:

Reese doesn't waste any time stuffing Sarah into the car.
Climbing in after her he twists two wires together and we recognize it as his stolen GREY FORD LTD.
The engine catches.

A SILHOUETTE rockets out of the flames.
Terminator, leaping from the roof of the blazing car ahead, impacts on the hood of Reese's car. His hair and coat are burning.

and then ....

The room costs five dollars a night and that's robbery,
but the fire escape outside the window adds an element of
strategic value. Terminator slips in through the window
and clicks on the single bare light bulb.

He's a mess: a bloody scarecrow with bullet wounds in
stomach, chest, shoulder and right wrist... eyebrows
singed off, hair a charred stubble, left eye bloody with
embedded glass shards, left ear shot almost completely
away.

and from the revised screen play:

MEDIUM ON TERMINATOR

as he sits at a ratty folding table under the light.
His eyebrows are singed off.
Left eyes glistening with imbedded glass shards.

Before him on the table is an array of SMALL TOOLS.
He removes the charred remains of his jacket and props one elbow on the table.

Reaction score

Wow, that was quick and precise and probably couldn't have been answered any better! Thanks!

I just got hernia surgery and I'll be off my feet for a bit, perhaps it's time to watch this again! I'm reasonably sure it's my favorite Terminator movie...

Reaction score

Picked up @ TRU 10 mins ago:
- Tech Noir
- Motorcycle Cop

Saw the endoskeleton but it's a pass for me since I have the previous one already.

I also saw the Crow, Jason, and King Leonidas

Ok now I can't wait for:
- Battle damaged Tech Noir
- Police Station Assault
- Steel Mill

LOL. These are all at the back of the 2 cards.

Reaction score

^^
Hahaha, same situation here, man. I saw them a week ago at TRU but didn't really have enough cash on me. Going back soon to get them though. That Tech Noir Arnold looks awesome.

Reaction score

Yeah, I forgot to mention I already got Tech Noir from Amazon. I had credit, so it didn't cost me! I have a little more and I suppose I could afford the Endo if I wanted, but I'm trying to save it for the new Predators!

Reaction score

I'm not a fan of endos so I passed on this one and the other endos in this line. I have one so that's all I need. As I bought mine loose, to this day I'm unsure if it's the cult classics one or the T2 series one. My collection focuses on the T-1000 and some T-800s as well.

Reaction score

Ooh, I love endos. Not enough to army build, I actually don't even want two, I just think the new one is much better than the one I've got!

I got the one with the minigun, I think it was series 2?

If I get this new one, I'm thinking of making a little mini diorama where the T-800 is getting crushed at the end of Terminator...

Reaction score

AgentClaret said:
I just think the new [Endoskeleton] is much better than the one I've got!
Oh what a difference a head sculpt makes! This latest endoskeleton is far superior to the previous versions. It looks so sinister (as a terminator should) rather than doofy (which is how the old endoskeleton looked with those funky eyes and over-biting jaw)! From ordering cases of previous series, I already have two of the inferior endoskeletons, so it was tough dropping another $15 on yet another endo; but in comparing the old with the new, I'm now tempted to buy even more new ones!
For any of you having reservations about upgrading to the new endoskeleton, here's a video showing the improvements on the new one. (Jump forward to @4:40 to see the head sculpt comparison.)

Reaction score

Thanks for the review! I ended up getting him last week as well.

The mouth no longer opens but that doesn't bug me, this head is way better!

I already broke the forearm piston on his left arm, but was able to pop this tiny hinge pin out and salvage one from my older Endoskeleton. Good as new!

I'm thinking of making a mini diorama of the T-800 getting crushed with my old sculpt. I already snapped his neck joint and am working on a way for it too look up instead of just forward. Now I gotta find something to make the presses out of!