Navarro Cantina Playset

Reaction score
Is the rocks glass that comes with both Kal Fas and Leesub what you're looking for?

LC-1649.jpg

LC-1552.jpg

Back to this topic, I just remembered that the Yak Face that came with the Barge has an incredibly small, exclusive, shot glass:

Jabbas-Sail-Barge-Khetanna-Hasbro-Haslab-Vintage-Collection-009.jpg

Reaction score
I was pleasantly surprised to see this set in stock at a local GameStop location. Never underestimate the power of having actual product on shelves in brick & mortar retail stores.

Reaction score
I hadn’t seen this mentioned before, but I’m assuming it was at some point, but I was surprised to see how much cardboard is involved in this set. I had heard about the door being cardboard, but I didnt realize the blasted out concrete around the window was one big piece of cardboard. I just finally got mine today and besides seeing how small the box is, how minimal the set is, plus all the cardboard parts to it, the $53 price seems like a considerable rip off. This is a $30-$40 set at best.

Reaction score
I hadn’t seen this mentioned before, but I’m assuming it was at some point, but I was surprised to see how much cardboard is involved in this set. I had heard about the door being cardboard, but I didnt realize the blasted out concrete around the window was one big piece of cardboard. I just finally got mine today and besides seeing how small the box is, how minimal the set is, plus all the cardboard parts to it, the $53 price seems like a considerable rip off. This is a $30-$40 set at best.

That's the real insult here. Perceived value to a collector is based on what you get inside the box. And in the case of the previous TVC playset offerings there has been some substantial perceived value. The one point of criticism I had heard before was about the Carbon Freeze Chamber being perhaps less substantial than the previous sets.

Where collectors and Hasbro diverge on this issue is how to determine pricing. Again, collectors look at perceived value based on what comes in the box. With Hasbro and retailers? It's very often the size of the packaging that determines the pricing. At least that had been the formula in the past. But now even that methodology seems to be in question. The Tantive IV playset had a comparable MSRP to the Nevarro Cantina - but it was in a bigger box. Collectors seem to find more perceived value for that Tantive IV set compared to this Nevarro Cantina. Now I know that members of the Hasbro Star Wars TVC team were enamored of the bar ware. But did we really need the blasted versions of the bar ware instead of some more sturdy parts? These are the things that keep me awake at night.

Reaction score
I’m the cantina set comes with more title accessories. I’m not an expert on production costs but other than the price of plastic, I assume it makes it comparable to the tantive iv

Reaction score
I’m the cantina set comes with more title accessories. I’m not an expert on production costs but other than the price of plastic, I assume it makes it comparable to the tantive iv

I need to see SHAPE in the next playset - I'm kinda sick of all these linear things AKA walls and stairs. A playset should pop out and look like it's molded from the environment. The original Kenner days got it right with things like the Hoth trenches and Yoda's Hut/Dagobah. I really hope that Hasbro is done with the wall crap - I want an actual PLAYset. Give me some features and actual "areas", not one specific spot. I can't harp on this enough, they need to make these playsets two-sided so they can represent more than one space. For a Cantina, I'd expect at least one alcove, part of the bar, a free standing table and an exterior section with Tatooine stucco. Button hidden that plays the Bith Band song. Pop in an electronic droid detector that flashes blue like the movie and we have a deal. Ideally. I'd want a bit larger Cantina, but if they have to follow the small format, I hope they go with something close to that idea above.

Reaction score
I need to see SHAPE in the next playset - I'm kinda sick of all these linear things AKA walls and stairs. A playset should pop out and look like it's molded from the environment. The original Kenner days got it right with things like the Hoth trenches and Yoda's Hut/Dagobah. I really hope that Hasbro is done with the wall crap - I want an actual PLAYset. Give me some features and actual "areas", not one specific spot. I can't harp on this enough, they need to make these playsets two-sided so they can represent more than one space. For a Cantina, I'd expect at least one alcove, part of the bar, a free standing table and an exterior section with Tatooine stucco. Button hidden that plays the Bith Band song. Pop in an electronic droid detector that flashes blue like the movie and we have a deal. Ideally. I'd want a bit larger Cantina, but if they have to follow the small format, I hope they go with something close to that idea above.

Yeah, the fact that the nevarro cantina doesn't have a finished exterior wall is just beyond cheap and is inexcusable.

Reaction score
Honestly I’d probably prefer cardboard walls and plastic chairs+tables+bar pieces instead. That’s what I did with the POTF 2 cantina with the saga bar set

Reaction score
Honestly I’d probably prefer cardboard walls and plastic chairs+tables+bar pieces instead. That’s what I did with the POTF 2 cantina with the saga bar set

That’s true. I’m using the potf2 cardboard dioramas for the walls of my Jabbas palace and cantina dios and fleshed them out with other stuff. But I guess the thing that irks me is those were what, $15-$20 or something along those lines? So for that I didn’t expect too much and they work quite well. But for $53 I expect a LOT more!

Reaction score
Never checked the other thread. Missed a few figures.

I did get 2 Nevarro sets and 3 figures for $58 shipped.

and…….cancelled. hopefully the figures make out better.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well, that’s the sweet spot alright. I’ve never ordered from them but I see people say they are good. Do they pack the items well?
at first i thought this was a joke. However, I do have it under good authority that HAS sales all across the board are down big time and retailers will be clearancing out even SW toys at crazy mark downs so keep come dry powder ready throughout 2022.

Reaction score
at first i thought this was a joke. However, I do have it under good authority that HAS sales all across the board are down big time and retailers will be clearancing out even SW toys at crazy mark downs so keep come dry powder ready throughout 2022.

Hasbro is a publicly traded company. Their earnings are a matter of record: NASDAQ - HAS Earnings. The Q1 2022 earnings being lower is likely due in large part to the cyclical nature of sales in the toy industry. Sales in the toy industry are geared towards the 3rd and 4th quarter.

Inflation is hitting all sectors of the economy, and people have to focus their spending on necessities in light of the ensuing price increases. Hasbro has also acknowledged that sales took a hit on account of the Russian war with Ukraine and the sanctions that have cut them off from the Russian market.

As for the Nevarro Cantina hitting that Deep Discount site? If anyone gets an order from them, I would absolutely open it right away. Because I would venture a guess that they're getting put on that kind of clearance because people took out the Death Troopers and returned them. A retailer can't sell that themselves, so they potentially try to recoup that loss by selling it to clearance outlets. I wouldn't read into that situation with the Deep Discount site much more than being wary of the troopers having been removed.

Reaction score
Let’s not forget the carded Death trooper. That would at least be 12.99.

Reaction score
As for the Nevarro Cantina hitting that Deep Discount site? If anyone gets an order from them, I would absolutely open it right away. Because I would venture a guess that they're getting put on that kind of clearance because people took out the Death Troopers and returned them. A retailer can't sell that themselves, so they potentially try to recoup that loss by selling it to clearance outlets. I wouldn't read into that situation with the Deep Discount site much more than being wary of the troopers having been removed.
Deepdiscount is not a "clearance outlet". The site has literally been online selling things longer than Amazon has been, formerly known as DeepdiscountDVD. This was just a big sale on action figures and collectibles, clearing out some older stock, it wasn't just the cantina. There were NECA, Marvel Legends, Transformers, Star Wars, you name it, all on sale.

Side note, my two cantinas arrive today along with some $4 hoth troopers to fill out my hoth display.

Reaction score
A great arrive in the Force Day.

Nevarro cantina,

I liked it, except for the back, which is very simple and cannot be displayed, the rest allows a lot of exposure play.

In the absence of Greef season 1 and The Client, when the Incinerator Deluxe arrives, things will heat up a bit.

Many items arrive to Spain in the last month. A bit crazy with so much package in such a short time.

Attachments

• P1270405.JPG
    P1270405.JPG
    300.3 KB · Views: 19
  • P1270406.JPG
    P1270406.JPG
    340.4 KB · Views: 21
  • P1270407.JPG
    P1270407.JPG
    354.7 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Reaction score
92BB1AF0-0C54-4304-A27A-935FA5E55DBD.jpeg

I’ve been having a ball with two of these playsets doing a silly little series of photos that I call “Gundy’s Place.” If you’re on Instagram you can enter #gundysplace to see them all so far. Plenty more coming!

As you can see, any and all style of 3 3/4 inch SW figure can show up…

Reaction score
Haha, that's awesome JWFortuna, good to see that there's lots of fun to be had with some of the playsets, the fun factor is something that is important for me.

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for this to hit the $30 range before I bite. The Death Trooper is a poor choice for a repack in my opinion.

Reaction score
After seeing the cardboard door and the loysy pack in, I just don't know how low on clearance this will need to go to justify it

Reaction score
dorkside was blowing everything out at retail cost or less at the show. got some great deals. really great deals.