Navarro Cantina Playset

Reaction score
I ordered one of these at full price, which I know I'll regret. So far all of the sets have gone on sale or hit clearance, even in Canada. I expect this one will do the same, so I can grab a second one.
Same here. I look at it as one to support the line and to encourage Hasbro to keep doing playsets, and then a second at a deep discount to make the per-set cost more palatable.

Reaction score
Same here. I look at it as one to support the line and to encourage Hasbro to keep doing playsets, and then a second at a deep discount to make the per-set cost more palatable.
I think this is a fair strategy. Buying one at the regular price shows Hasbro people want stuff like this. Then when the stores put things on discount, it clears it out.

Reaction score
Every time I pass through and see the thread title is still Navarro and not Nevarro, my eye twitches.

But I agree, I will buy at least one full price as soon as it comes out and get a few more on sale. I hope these play sets are generally selling well since I want Hasbro to continue making them.

Reaction score
Every time I pass through and see the thread title is still Navarro and not Nevarro, my eye twitches.

But I agree, I will buy at least one full price as soon as it comes out and get a few more on sale. I hope these play sets are generally selling well since I want Hasbro to continue making them.
Agreed 😂
Post in thread 'Navarro Cantina Playset'
https://forum.rebelscum.com/threads/navarro-cantina-playset.1147539/post-20401208

I have one on preorder will consider a 2nd one depending on how it looks in hand.

Reaction score
1639935857374.png

I keep looking at this pic of the cantina wall. Hasbro could have easily made a finished street side, and had the window section slide into a slot at the top or the side.

I guess adding in a street side piece and printing on both sides of the cardboard window piece would have "added to the costs" 😒 If they were really crafty then they could have just made the back of the box a printed cut-out of the street side. They've done things like that in the past. But I guess the "new blood" working there doesn't know about old tricks from a few decades ago.

Reaction score
View attachment 408360

I keep looking at this pic of the cantina wall. Hasbro could have easily made a finished street side, and had the window section slide into a slot at the top or the side.

I guess adding in a street side piece and printing on both sides of the cardboard window piece would have "added to the costs" 😒 If they were really crafty then they could have just made the back of the box a printed cut-out of the street side. They've done things like that in the past. But I guess the "new blood" working there doesn't know about old tricks from a few decades ago.
Where did this pic come from.

I figured it was going to be unfinished as such....I guess if you get multiple sets, a blank interior side could double as the street side as well

Reaction score
Reviews up, got to admit my disappointment at how the back of the set looks, but the accessories really rock!
Personally I'd have been fine if they had not included a figure and just charged $30 because it's only worth about $25 IMO. One full wall w/cardboard, one half wall w/cardboard, one strut and the bar. No floor pieces and no working door really makes this set less feel much cheaper than Tantive IV for the price, but I guess CFC's cheapness should have clued us in on the fact they were moving away from more sturdier/complete looking sets. I also feel that it's missing a shelf under the window where all the decanters should go, you can't fill up a bar where patrons drink with stock. As well as a complete side wall to the left instead of just a support column. If this set goes on sale for $25 I'll get one simply for the bar scene.

Reaction score
Yeah, the lack of a working door when we just got two with the Tantive IV Id pretty weak. Especially for the price. Embarrassing for Hasbro, but they’ll get their cash from the fanboys. Like me.

Reaction score
It does look really good. I especially like the accessories.

I am by far most excited by the accessories haha. And agree with whoever said the Death Trooper just wasn’t needed. I have 3 already, as I imagine a lot of people do. Way worse value than Han & Ree-Yees.

Reaction score
I just don't see $53 worth of stuff there. The pricing on all this stuff in general is getting to really be an issue. I don't see how this is sustainable as a product line. Hasbro keeps trying to squeeze out more profitability in their products by incrementally charging more and incrementally providing less. Then they have Lucasfilm and their licensing to contend with. Then you have retailers, supply chain issues, rising material, labor, and shipping costs.

Reaction score
I am by far most excited by the accessories haha. And agree with whoever said the Death Trooper just wasn’t needed. I have 3 already, as I imagine a lot of people do. Way worse value than Han & Ree-Yees.
I was able to stock up on the 3.75" Black Series Death Trooper at one of the discount stores a while back when people were finding them. So, yeah, I don't really need any more unless I just want to keep it carded.

Reaction score
It is a little strange that the Tantive IV adventure set has TWO working plastic doors and this only has a cardboard insert.
And the thing of it is they didn't need it to be mechanical like Tantive IV, it could have simply been a piece of plastic that you slid to the side manually. Having to remove a slip of cardboard by turning a plastic flap just doesn't immerse you into that world "playset" wise.

bac

Reaction score
I can imagine it was designed with a plastic door, they were over costs, and that was a compromise to reel in costs and meet their numbers.

kk1

Reaction score
I just don't see $53 worth of stuff there. The pricing on all this stuff in general is getting to really be an issue. I don't see how this is sustainable as a product line. Hasbro keeps trying to squeeze out more profitability in their products by incrementally charging more and incrementally providing less. Then they have Lucasfilm and their licensing to contend with. Then you have retailers, supply chain issues, rising material, labor, and shipping costs.
Exactly, started off with Jabba's where you got 2 carded figures, plus the two molded wall decorations, then the Tantative set down to 1 figure but reversable side plus you can connect multiple sets, similar with the Carbon Freeze Chamber, now this. While technically modular not really (if they ever do the original cantina I can see them making you be able to build the whole bar from multiple sets) and cardboard backgrounds, should have at least had another figure. Don't see this selling anywhere near as many as the other sets.

Reaction score
Don't see this selling anywhere near as many as the other sets.

Totally agree. This one will be clearanced, for sure. It's not an iconic or memorable set. Maybe I'm just an idiot, but I didn't even know they were in the cantina for the shootout scene until this set was revealed. It's a dimly lit scene, with no other characters beside the mains. No cantina customers. The droid is I think the only character that I didn't even know was there until he was blasted away (and due to bad editing, blasted away twice.)

I did buy this set, but I'm not necessarily stoked about it. Maybe I just want the accessories. What is wrong with me. 😂

Reaction score
It is a little strange that the Tantive IV adventure set has TWO working plastic doors and this only has a cardboard insert.

Exactly - the lack of real value here is unreal. That's not even to mention the fact that the Tantive even came with FLOORS. This thing doesn't even have a base to connect it to. The cardboard doors are such a buzzkill - it's like they were going to sell it like "a fantastic homage to those Kenner playsets you LOVED as a kid" to justify the cheapness.

I will give them props for the small accessories, which do look very detailed and fun, but they still don't justify this price in my mind. Like someone mentioned earlier, I see this as no more than a $25 add on type set.

Reaction score
Yeah, the lack of a working door when we just got two with the Tantive IV Id pretty weak. Especially for the price. Embarrassing for Hasbro, but they’ll get their cash from the fanboys. Like me.
This is my main gripe about the set. That cardboard door is so cheap. The accessories are nice and although I don't collect much outside the OT, I want to support more playsets like Tantive IV, so I ordered one of these.

Reaction score
Exactly - the lack of real value here is unreal. That's not even to mention the fact that the Tantive even came with FLOORS. This thing doesn't even have a base to connect it to. The cardboard doors are such a buzzkill - it's like they were going to sell it like "a fantastic homage to those Kenner playsets you LOVED as a kid" to justify the cheapness.
It kinda feels like an in between set designed either for TVC (the detail on the decor and accessories, pack in trooper) and retro ( the cardboard aspects) but advertised as TVC as excuse to charge more. One additional thing I wished it included along w/ a floor, is the sewer grate. That would be kinda an equivalent to the mini - cave on the Kenner vintage Land of the Jawas set. And again works w/ either a TVC or retro display.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It doesn’t bother me not having the floor, but it really bothers me that it doesn’t have either:

A booth

or

A freaking outside.

If you’re going to design it in a way for me to only display it from the “inside perspective,” make sure we have all the necessary components for the setting to look full. A booth option would have been great in this set, since it’s a dedicated indoors scene already. We also need more figures to complete the scene, such as S1 Greef Karga, and absolutely, 100%, The Client.

If they would have given the set duality, and finished the outside, it would be much easier for me to just turn it around, park the ITT outside of it, and use it as a glorified shelf background. I could set up Remnant Stormtroopers, Death Troopers, Moff Gideon standing outside, or even do the action scene with Mando, Cara Dune, and IG-11 in the firefight with those Imperials.

Reaction score
It doesn’t bother me not having the floor, but it really bothers me that it doesn’t have either:

A booth

or

A freaking outside.

If you’re going to design it in a way for me to only display it from the “inside perspective,” make sure we have all the necessary components for the setting to look full. A booth option would have been great in this set, since it’s a dedicated indoors scene already. We also need more figures to complete the scene, such as S1 Greef Karga, and absolutely, 100%, The Client.

If they would have given the set duality, and finished the outside, it would be much easier for me to just turn it around, park the ITT outside of it, and use it as a glorified shelf background. I could set up Remnant Stormtroopers, Death Troopers, Moff Gideon standing outside, or even do the action scene with Mando, Cara Dune, and IG-11 in the firefight with those Imperials.

Strong agree about the booth. One bar and stools just isn’t enough variety or depth to the interior, esp for $50+. And a booth would have been versatile since *so many* Mando scenes occur with characters sitting at tables, not perching on stools.

Last edited:
Reaction score

A booth

or

A freaking outside.

Considering it comes packed with a Death Trooper not finishing the outside is a "slap in the face" for lack of a better phrase. I don't recall any Death Troopers inside during the episode, right? I mean the most iconic part was all the Death Troopers coming out of the transport and the stand-off with them outside and the heroes inside.