Nalan Cheel - The Modal Nodes

Reaction score
Just brought up by YakFace :

FB_IMG_1649364405170.jpg

According to Yak, he's supposed to be #05 of the ANH line, Deluxe packaged and NO Exclusives.

With Figrin D'an in the pipes already, too, it makes me wonder if the will release the full band with each member single boxed. Sounds like repack after repack with just new instrument added to me.

Nalan Cheel (The Modal Nodes) (Deluxe Build-Up Pack) is #05 in the A New Hope sub-line. Comes with Omni Box (and seat), Gasan String Drum, & Bandfill. Also, comes with alternate hands to play each instrument!

Hasbro-Pulse-Icon-18px.png
Exclusive in the U.S., Canada, & the U.K.

On shelf Fall 2022. MSRP is $38.99. Available for pre-order May 5th at 1pm ET.

Press Release

STAR WARS fans and collectors can imagine scenes from the STAR WARS galaxy with this premium THE BLACK SERIES 6-INCH NALAN CHEEL figure, inspired by the character in STAR WARS: A NEW HOPE movie. Members of "The Modal Nodes," like Nalan Cheel on the Bandfill, played their recognizable tunes in the Mos Eisley Cantina.
Fans and collectors can display this fully articulated figure featuring poseable head, arms, and legs, as well as premium deco, in their collection. This STAR WARS: THE BLACK SERIES figure comes with 5 entertainment-inspired accessories.

Press Images

Black-Series-Nalan-Cheel-The-Modal-Nodes-ANH-Boxed-1-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-Nalan-Cheel-The-Modal-Nodes-ANH-Boxed-2-Resized.jpg

Black-Series-Nalan-Cheel-The-Modal-Nodes-ANH-Loose-1-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-Nalan-Cheel-The-Modal-Nodes-ANH-Loose-2-Resized.jpg

Black-Series-Nalan-Cheel-The-Modal-Nodes-ANH-Loose-3-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-Nalan-Cheel-The-Modal-Nodes-ANH-Loose-4-Resized.jpg

Black-Series-Nalan-Cheel-The-Modal-Nodes-ANH-Loose-5-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-Nalan-Cheel-The-Modal-Nodes-ANH-Loose-6-Resized.jpg

HD Images

Spoiler:  
Black-Series-Nalan-Cheel-The-Modal-Nodes-ANH-Boxed-1.jpg

Black-Series-Nalan-Cheel-The-Modal-Nodes-ANH-Boxed-2.jpg

Black-Series-Nalan-Cheel-The-Modal-Nodes-ANH-Loose-1.jpg

Black-Series-Nalan-Cheel-The-Modal-Nodes-ANH-Loose-3.jpg

Black-Series-Nalan-Cheel-The-Modal-Nodes-ANH-Loose-5.jpg

Pre-Order Link

Reaction score
Cheel comes with three different instruments to make three different members. If Figrin has the same three instruments as his TVC counterpart, then that’s most of the band right there (6/7). Just need to buy three of each.

Hopefully they do the same with a deluxe TVC set.

Reaction score
I don't have any personal interest in the Cantina Band, but props to Hasbro for doing this right. The pack looks so cool with all the instruments in it, and I like they've also done a main line release so you can grab one deluxe and then fill up the rest of the band with Figrin.

This looks really cool and if we ever get, I dunno, an Endor Rebel Trooper or something with that amount of options, I'd be all over it.

Reaction score
OK, help me out here. If I want the whole band, how should it be composed? There are seven members, right? However, there are only six instruments (three with the Deluxe Nalan Cheel and three with the regular Figrin D'an). Which instrument is doubled?

figrin-dan-and-the-modal-nodes-0aa9c31c-a023-4bc5-bbfa-29ac2fc593d-resize-750 (1).jpg

This picture is obviously wrong, as there isn't a drummer. I doubt the Kloo horn (Figrin D'an's main instrument) is doubled, so is it the smallest horn/flute which is doubled? Also, which Bith goes with which instrument? Yes, I know they all look alike, but I still would like to have an accurate answer.

1401x788-23---Modal-Nodes.jpg

maxresdefault (1).jpg

There are some other photos, for reference.

Also, there is a Bith in the Cantina who is not part of the band, right? But he is dressed differently?

Reaction score
From what I’ve gathered recently, there is no double in the band. I had thought there was so I have six sideshow members; two playing the fanfar. But it should be six members with six different instruments I believe. Three in the deluxe set and three in the single. No one has made the stand up drums before.

So, buy one deluxe set and five singles and you should be good.

I’ve also read that there is a seventh member with a long horn type instrument that you can see in the holiday special band. But I’ve never seen pics of it on the ANH set. Can’t find the website that had the break down. Maybe someone else here has it?

Edit: here’s a pic from the 3.75” Figrin thread showing seven members. Only instrument missing is the double jocimer. I’m pretty sure the guy in the back with no instrument listed is playing the gasan string drum, which hasbro has finally made in the deluxe set.

So seems seven members is correct. We just don’t have the jocimer. Maybe I’ll get a seventh one to stand in the back and see if someone 3D prints one.

View attachment 420962

Last edited:
Reaction score
From what I’ve gathered recently, there is no double in the band. I had thought there was so I have six sideshow members; two playing the kloo horn. But it should be six members with six different instruments I believe. Three in the deluxe set and three in the single. No one has made the stand up drums before.

So, buy one deluxe set and five singles and you should be good.

I’ve also read that there is a seventh member with a long horn type instrument that you can see in the holiday special band. But I’ve never seen pics of it on the ANH set. Can’t find the website that had the break down. Maybe someone else here has it?

Thank you for the reply! It's Wookieepedia which led me to believe the band has seven members.

"In 1977's Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, seven Bith can be seen performing on stage in the cantina. An eighth Bith sits at a nearby booth. The 2011 Star Wars Legends source Star Wars Character Encyclopedia originally established that Sun'il Ei'de was the seventh Bith on stage during the film."

Edit: Maybe there are seven members, but only if you include the Holiday Special? Perhaps Wookieepedia is wrong about seven members being seen in ANH?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply! It's Wookieepedia which led me to believe the band has seven members.

"In 1977's Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, seven Bith can be seen performing on stage in the cantina. An eighth Bith sits at a nearby booth. The 2011 Star Wars Legends source Star Wars Character Encyclopedia originally established that Sun'il Ei'de was the seventh Bith on stage during the film."

Just edited my post with more info

Reaction score
Planning on buying one Nalan Cheel and five Figuran D'ans. Cheaper that way, no need to buy multiple Cheels at the higher price point when he has all the instruments in one. Army build D'an, not Cheel.

GNT

Reaction score
Looks really good, I think I’ll stick to one because otherwise it’s going to be a very expensive band to complete.

Reaction score
Cant turn down Cantina aliens. Unsure if I need to complete the band though
Yeah, I am definitely so stoked to just own Figrin Dan. I might buy the deluxe set?
Maybe 3 band members? I don't have any more room to display these things. hahaha

I'd be SO THRILLED to just get even one, because I've been absolutely obsessed with this character design since I was 7 years old 45 years ago.

Reaction score
And here is Landspeeder Luke with an unboxing and first look video of Nalan Cheel already! 😄

Reaction score
I'd be tempted to get all 6 but with these price hikes... I dunno, that's like $180... I could buy a lot of other stuff with that amount of money.

Reaction score
And here is Landspeeder Luke with an unboxing and first look video of Nalan Cheel already!

I messaged the place in LA where he picked one up. $100 local pick up only. ****ing scalpers. I understand a mark-up, but $60-70 profit? Get bent!!

Reaction score
I messaged the place in LA where he picked one up. $100 local pick up only. ****ing scalpers. I understand a mark-up, but $60-70 profit? Get bent!!

They're probably paying a significant amount over retail to have the figure shipped from Asia so early. Also, most of their buyers are probably reviewers who want the figure as early as possible. They know those buyers will pay a large mark-up.

As for me, I can wait. In fact, I might not collect a whole band worth of Bith until the Figrin D'an figures go on clearance, as I suspect they will.

Reaction score
I'd be tempted to get all 6 but with these price hikes... I dunno, that's like $180... I could buy a lot of other stuff with that amount of money.
But unlike food, booze, drugs and gambling, your investments will still be there the next morning!

At least, that's my rationalization every time I spend another chunk of money on toys and music and books and movies. (all hard copy, naturally.)
:D ;)

Reaction score
Yeah, I am definitely so stoked to just own Figrin Dan. I might buy the deluxe set?
Maybe 3 band members? I don't have any more room to display these things. hahaha

I'd be SO THRILLED to just get even one, because I've been absolutely obsessed with this character design since I was 7 years old 45 years ago.
I am kinda tempted to have the whole band set up as a display piece but yeah, as for shelf space, I'm still figrin(😏) it out

Reaction score
Yeah $50 for this guy hurt. A lot. But, he’s the first deluxe figure that I feel is actually deluxe. So I ordered him. And then a Security Droid and Figrin from Dorksidetoys. As of now I don’t see myself building the whole band but who knows?

Reaction score
Shoot I got 2 of these lol. Is 1 enough and the rest just regular Figrins? I think I spent extra than needed.