Naboo Pilot - WalMart Exclusive Wave

Reaction score
Re: Naboo Pilots - Confirmed

I could imagine the Naboo pilot of the "Star Wars Starfighter" video gme ... I think they even acknowledged him in one of the earliest Q&As ...

Reaction score

Most likely, a pass. These just don't interest me.

Reaction score
Reaction score

What's special about him is...he has a name. Rhys Dallows. He was a private in the Naboo air force (or starfighter corps, or whatever), and his mentor, Essara, was killed by a mercenary. He met up with a pirate named Nym, who (if I remember right) only joined up because his pirate camp was raided by the Trade Federation, and he wanted revenge by taking them out on Naboo. Rhys fought in the space battle seen on TPM, and he killed the mercenary who killed his mentor by flying inside the Trade Federation ship (on the opposite side that Anakin flew in) and shooting him down. That's why he's special.

Reaction score

VornJithco said:
hope to see a Naboo Pilot (Ric Olie, I guess) to be released on a vintage card
Stop hoping, it's been confirmed! (see first post
)

Hasbro Answer: A. We are planning some Naboo pilots as single carded figures

Reaction score

AaylaSecurasMan said:
VornJithco said:
hope to see a Naboo Pilot (Ric Olie, I guess) to be released on a vintage card
Stop hoping, it's been confirmed! (see first post
)

Hasbro Answer: A. We are planning some Naboo pilots as single carded figures
AWESOME!!!!!

Been a long time since I've been excited about Hasbro figures, this has got me pumped!

Reaction score
Re: Naboo Pilots - WalMart Exclusive Wave

Can't tell from that image if it's just the same as Ric Olie but with a different head. It'd be nice if it's the female one, but doesn't look it.

Reaction score

I'll be getting these as I am have a small army of RNSF Figures.
Can't wait for this and the other Royal Naboo Security Forces figures!

Reaction score

Okay, so now we have Ric, this pilot, and the Royal Guard. Now we need Panaka and Battle Padme, and we're good!

Reaction score

Really hope Walmart will have bunch on these available, not like TRU Legacy Eu wave.

Reaction score

I'll be happy to army build Naboo units again. After the way 2011 has been, 2012 looks to be a breath of fresh air.

Reaction score

Yeah, 2011 was "drowning in bad distribution," and 2012 is "coming up for fresh air and not going down again." I hope.

Reaction score

Revanfan1 said:
Okay, so now we have Ric, this pilot, and the Royal Guard. Now we need Panaka and Battle Padme, and we're good!
So we have both Naboo Guards slotted? The yellow/brown one and the red one?

Reaction score

Very excited about this figure! Wow, what a rush of new TPM figures- about time! Fingers crossed that this figure comes with the orange flight coat.

Reaction score

Yes, he definitely needs his pilot coat. I really like they gave him and Ric Olié clear plastic goggles.

Kinda surprised they went with a generic while headsculpt when they could have done the more prominent African American male or the Caucasian female pilot instead. A John Knoll cameo version would be very welcome, too.

Reaction score

This F#%^%ing sucks, if this is a frakking Walmart wave I might as well write them off right now!!

Don't they remember how many of us never found the last Exclusive wave from TSC?!!

Finally G8-R3 after ten years, and an update to the Naboo Pilot and Ric Olie, and I won't be able to get them!

Did they say why it's an Exclusive? Maybe because the line did so poorly last year because no one knows how to ship anything right!

Just make everything available on HTS and it will sell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score

Tyranusspotting said:
Yes, he definitely needs his pilot coat. I really like they gave him and Ric Olié clear plastic goggles.

Kinda surprised they went with a generic while headsculpt when they could have done the more prominent African American male or the Caucasian female pilot instead. A John Knoll cameo version would be very welcome, too.
I prefer a generic pilot. You could always switch heads with the Rebel Commando (Wave 3 or upcoming Revenge Wave) if you want something more specific.

Reaction score

Obi_Han said:
Tyranusspotting said:

I prefer a generic pilot. You could always switch heads with the Rebel Commando (Wave 3 or upcoming Revenge Wave) if you want something more specific.
Ditto... Lest you run the risk of making a pegwarmer. And I don't think Americans exist in the Star Wars universe.

GNT

Reaction score
Re: Naboo Pilot

Looks like Ric Olie with a different head, nice to see a generic pilot for the Naboo Starfighter.

Reaction score

What do we think the chances are that we will come with the flight coat and they just did not show it as part of the initial photos?

Law

Reaction score

Hard to say what's more disappointing -- the lack of the proper long coat or the fact that it's a WM exclusive. The only WM's near me are part of the secret cabal of WM's that simply refuse to carry exclusives, or at least have employees that never let them see the pegs. One way or the other, I've never found a WM exclusive.

sigh.

It DOES look like a good figure, though. Nicely articulated, and I'm sure someone will dig up pics to show that some of the pilots DID wear smaller coats, despite the fact that they're most prominently shown wearing the dusters.

Reaction score

He looks like Ric with a new head, they need to pop on a softgoods trenchcoat to distinguish him from Ric. Having two figures on the pegs that look almost exactly alike isnt a good plan.

GNT

Reaction score

Still early days, he could still include the coat. Someone should really ask Hasbro if he is or isn't coming with one.

Reaction score
I'll probably just get one Ric and two of these. I'll just use my EPI Ric for filler. You can't even tell it's supposed to be him with them helmet on.

I just hope Hasbro packs trench coats with these guys.

Reaction score
This guy needs the orange coat just to better differentiate him from Ric Olie.

Fantastic figure as it is though, I want a couple.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This guy needs the orange coat just to better differentiate him from Ric Olie.

Fantastic figure as it is though, I want a couple.
I agree, I think most kids and some collectors might get them confused if the generic pilot doesnt come with the trenchcoat, and at the current pricepoint, Hasbro shouldnt be leaving out vital accessories.

Reaction score
Let's hope a black and a female Bravo Squad Pilot aren't too far behind. Since it doesn't look like Ric and this pilot will include the red trenchcoats, maybe those could.