Naboo N-1 Starfighter - 2012

Reaction score
Aw yeah, I remember that little Action Fleet version. I had it when it first came out. I paid thru the nose for it @ a Sun Coast, because they were the only place near me that decided to carry the EpI Action Fleet line.

Reaction score
I ~love~ how they pulled off the droid socket! Not the goofy way it's shown here with the astromech's "neck" all stretched out.

I don't normally collect vehicles, I just don't have the room. But I'm going to have to pick this beauty up!

GNT

Reaction score
I still have my old one on display, I don't see a real reason to pick the newer version up unless I was going to have a generic pilot flying it.

Reaction score
I will enjoy this 100% more if it doesn't have the floppy bent rubber booms that the first edition had...I love the design, but it is sad that the best toy version of the N-1 is the ancient micromachines action fleet version...
Hey look me quoting myself....anyway....was setting up the Christmas tree this past weekend....yeah early I know...and noticed the old Hallmark N-1. I now rescind my vote for the action fleet being the best version of this vehicle. The best version of the N-1 is, in fact, the Hallmark Ornament. It wins on the simple facts that it has actual chrome and that it doesn't have the annoying bendable spikes...

Reaction score
Hey look me quoting myself....anyway....was setting up the Christmas tree this past weekend....yeah early I know...and noticed the old Hallmark N-1. I now rescind my vote for the action fleet being the best version of this vehicle. The best version of the N-1 is, in fact, the Hallmark Ornament. It wins on the simple facts that it has actual chrome and that it doesn't have the annoying bendable spikes...
Yeah, the hallmark version is fantastic. I doubt the new hasbro version will have sturdy plastic booms, though I would love if it did. I imagine hasbro will cite safety issues.

Reaction score
I am really keeping the TPM purchases to an extreme minimum but this is going to be the exception. I'm really pretty glad it's coming.

Reaction score
The first set of movie specific VC TPM figures is solid.. except for those looney tune characters.

The N-1 just makes things even cooler for a TPM fan like myself!

Reaction score
just looked at the picture again..

Think they'll make and astromech to accompany this? I dont see Artoo from 'Return' going well with this if hes serving cocktails while someone is piloting the thing.. (gin and tonic anyone?)

Although that would explain young Anakins spinning out of control...

"Crazy Drunk Drivers" - (BTTF Reference)

I'll get at least one.

Hell, maybe a whole fleet. Although I'm not an 'army' builder, I could see myself hanging a bunch of these from the ceiling in my house in a formation...

Just tell people its 'art' :welcoming:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Is this scheduled to be on shelf 1/30 with everything else or later in the year?
it's in wave 2, so not likely, but not impossible

nycc slide says feb '12. if 1/30...likely someone wouldve found it by now i think since most 1/30 stuff has been found

re-looking at pics, it seems droid socket could been designed for using BAD astromechs, just remove legs and insert the droid of choice..likely why wm astromech set is using BAD molds

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's designed to fit an astromech figure standing sideways with the head turned to face the front of the ship.
There is a plain R2-D2 (BAD mould) in the new droid multipack.

GNT

Reaction score
It's designed to fit an astromech figure standing sideways with the head turned to face the front of the ship.
Interesting that they did that for the toy then, in the movie the droids go up front ways. Got to love PT vehicle designs :p

Reaction score
The original cross-section books showed the astros with telescopic attachments to their heads to allow for the design of the ship.
The sideways-on fix is an original Hasbro toy solution.

Reaction score
And personally makes more logical sense than the crazy EpI idea. I'm overriding that horrible idea with the much better Hasrbo design, LOL!

Reaction score
And personally makes more logical sense than the crazy EpI idea. I'm overriding that horrible idea with the much better Hasrbo design, LOL!
I had always assumed that the droid simply fit in sideways when I saw the movie, even if there is still the issue of the various projections on the dome not fitting through the collar, but when I saw the ridiculous "solution' in the crossections book I was amazed - such a silly and convoluted fix.

That said, it only got worse as far as droid socket design goes in the prequels. Those jedi starfighters make no kind of sense from a droid perspective.

Reaction score
I had always assumed that the droid simply fit in sideways when I saw the movie, even if there is still the issue of the various projections on the dome not fitting through the collar, but when I saw the ridiculous "solution' in the crossections book I was amazed - such a silly and convoluted fix.

That said, it only got worse as far as droid socket design goes in the prequels. Those jedi starfighters make no kind of sense from a droid perspective.
Yeah, astromechs are telescopic! Not only can they stretch their necks they can squash themselves down like a beer can! How else do you explain R2's spring loaded jump out of the ship?

http://www.sciencephoto.com/image/215643/530wm/H1000895-Toy-SPL.jpg

Reaction score
it only got worse as far as droid socket design goes in the prequels. Those jedi starfighters make no kind of sense from a droid perspective.
I know, the Delta fighters always bothered me with that. Just WHERE is that supposed to go? I know they said there are spherical models that are used in those, but that's just crap. The Delta B-models in the Clone Wars make more sense, although they kind of impede the pilots forward vision...

Reaction score
I know, the Delta fighters always bothered me with that. Just WHERE is that supposed to go? I know they said there are spherical models that are used in those, but that's just crap. The Delta B-models in the Clone Wars make more sense, although they kind of impede the pilots forward vision...
Those AOTC Deltas weren't all that bad because there was at least the acknowledgement that a full astromech could never fit in the depth of the wing, so they went with hard-wired heads only (spherical units were in the V-Wings apparently). The Clone Wars Delta Bs made much more sense and allowed Anakin to have R2 along with him on missions, but it's the ROTS ETA Interceptors that really burst the reality bubble by using digital trickery to suggest the astromech's near-complete body height is supposed to somehow fit in a narrow plane of wing. It doesn't work, which is a shame because they're really cool looking ships.

Reaction score
^i know! i was surprised to not see it in stores with everything else! when exactly IS this ship supposed to come out?? i had my original naboo fighter that i got years ago and i was likw 13 when TPM first came out, great memories of messin with that thing! but like a idiot i sold it, so im glad they are rereleasing it (along with the movie!). but like, why isnt it out in stores?? i hope the wait isnt too long!

Reaction score
I'm just curious to see how much bigger it will be than the old '99 version (which is still pretty nice when you consider some of the garbage they've released over the years)

Reaction score
I love the idea of an open driod socket as well.In the film an arm comes down and picks up the astromech and lifts it into the socket.I think that would have been had for Hasbro to do.

Reaction score
Plus, we'd have to have a special collapsing astromech with magic extending neck.

Reaction score
I dug out my '99 version last night and will be chroming it this afternoon, so if it turns out the way I want it to, the new one will get the same treatment.

Reaction score
You'll have to post pictures...
Well, I'm pretty pissed, I sanded and primed it yesterday and then applied the first coat of chrome, now here's the crappy part, When I started it was 75 F outside, with a sudden front coming in it dropped the temp to 40's, so the paint got all screwed up. So all I've been doing today is sanding and waiting for it to warm back up, sucks!

Reaction score
Was hoping the Toy Fair slideshow would shed more light on the shelf date for this. So much for that. :'(
Unless it's been delayed and I'm unaware, the "shelf date" is this month. But it's more likely that it will see mass distribution next month.

Reaction score
Unless it's been delayed and I'm unaware, the "shelf date" is this month. But it's more likely that it will see mass distribution next month.
Yeah that's the thing, I wanted to see if they had changed the date or not. But now all we have is that NYCC slide to go on.

Reaction score
The State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantatio
At starwars.com, they have some of the Toy Far stuff listed and the pirce of the Naboo Starfighter is listed as $16.99 - $29.99.

StarWars.com | Hasbro's Star Wars Toys for 2012

We all know it's going to be $29.99, like every other similarly sized vehicle out now. So why even list such a wide price range. And who'd sell it at $16.99, I want to shop there.

Reaction score
I just listened to the Hasbro presentation from TF and they said that this is coming "in about a month or so" so we probably won't see it until mid March.

Reaction score
I just listened to the Hasbro presentation from TF and they said that this is coming "in about a month or so" so we probably won't see it until mid March.
Assuming all the Infiltrators and Pod Racers aren't clogging the pegs to all hell.