Naboo N-1 Starfighter - 2012

Reaction score
Reaction score
Actually, yeah...I am. ;]
Sorry to disappoint, but that's where the astro droid goes: Hasbro Star Wars - SirStevesGuide.com Photo Gallery

Hasbro Star Wars - SirStevesGuide.com Photo Gallery

Still though, it's an awesome ship, right?
hell yes it's still an awesome friggin' ship! The "second pilot seat" isn't necessary, I just thought it was an interesting feature. I sure feel dumb.

I love that there is no dedicated astromech stuck in the ship this time around, it's nice I can put whatever droid I want to into the spot and mix it up. So many interesting looking astro droids that can now copilot this fighter, we can use our imaginations.

the only issue is the non vac-metallized silver parts but I guess that's really just a whiny nitpick.

Reaction score
Whoa! Those pics at Sir Steve's are simply beyond awesome! The N-1 looks simply amazing with the droid head sticking out! Here, I was worried that the droid would look too low or something, but no! It's perfect!! What an ingenious design by Hasbro. Seriously!! This totally rocks!

Last edited:
Reaction score
..the only issue is the non vac-metallized silver parts but I guess that's really just a whiny nitpick.
Not really - it was a defining feature on the fighter in the film, so it should be the same!

As you say though Wook - HELL YES!! I am SO getting this fantastic vehicle - looks amazing regardless of the paint issue.

Reaction score
Had they done vac metal here are you guys are rightfully suggesting would be amazing... I totally wouldn't have batted an eye had this come out at say a suggested retail of $39.99. Seriously, all these improvements AND real chrome parts would have totally been worth it! That said, the lack of vac metal isn't a huge deal to me and I am more than slightly happy to get this for a mere $24.99.

Reaction score
As you say though Wook - HELL YES!! I am SO getting this fantastic vehicle - looks amazing regardless of the paint issue.
yeah, they knocked this one out of the park

They didn't have to sculpt up a whole new fighter. They could have easily just repacked the 1999 ship but they didn't and I'm ecstatic over it!

Reaction score
I think there's a pretty easy way to chrome the parts that should be... I saw someone convert a Hasbro Boba Fett helmet to Jango's, using some sort of rub-on compound.

Reaction score
Nice new pics from SSG, not visited there in a while.
So having seen them, what is the consensus on the size of this new vehicle? Same? A little bigger? Doesn't look too much in it to me.
Also, I am thinking the yellow is a little too lemony compared to the bright colour of the original toy and the on-screen craft. Verdicts?

Reaction score
hell yes it's still an awesome friggin' ship! The "second pilot seat" isn't necessary, I just thought it was an interesting feature. I sure feel dumb.

I love that there is no dedicated astromech stuck in the ship this time around, it's nice I can put whatever droid I want to into the spot and mix it up. So many interesting looking astro droids that can now copilot this fighter, we can use our imaginations.

the only issue is the non vac-metallized silver parts but I guess that's really just a whiny nitpick.
Don't feel dumb, man! It's an easy mistake to make. I can see how someone would see it as another seat. Over-all, this is one sweet ship. The droid fits in there pretty tightly, great engineering on the part of Hasbro. It would have just added the icing atop the cake had it been vac-metal. If only, but small sacrifice. I'm glad I sold my old one to make room for this bad boy.

Reaction score
You know reading some of y'alls posts, I agree a chrome finish would look nice. But to chrome it, you'd have to electroplate it. And then H would have to paint the yellow on. Which in their minds say that's to much trouble when they could have complete yellow plastic and paint silver for the chrome. So that's why they did it.

Reaction score
whats sad is, i HAD a naboo fighter from when it was originally released in 1999! i still rememeber being 12 and being SUPER excited at getting that for my birthday, which was may 22, the day after episode came out! so that wa sso cool. sadly, i sold mine a couple years ago and i am really regretting it! however, now that they are going to be released a BETTER naboo fighter, i am so happy! defiently getting this one, this was always one of the cooler prequel ships. its so slick and hot rod-ish. really liked it back in the day, and still do now! its not all clunky like the other star wars ships tend to be.

Reaction score
Man, I keep looking at the pictures from Banthaskull. I cannot wait to get this vehicle in my hands. I hope it comes out sooner than the ETA. Like next week...

Reaction score
So having seen them, what is the consensus on the size of this new vehicle? Same? A little bigger? Doesn't look too much in it to me.
Also, I am thinking the yellow is a little too lemony compared to the bright colour of the original toy and the on-screen craft. Verdicts?
It has to be a little bigger because the fake droid dome on the original was undersized.

It's hard to tell on the yellow, but yellow is notorious for not photographing well so I'm guessing it will match up when we see the real thing.

Having seen better pics, I'm really impressed on the whole with this. It would have been icing on the cake to get the leading edges vac-metalized but beyond that it looks great. That's a very clever way of stowing the droid. From the movie, the way the ship reaches down and grabs Artoo you assume he sits facing "forward" just like in most other ships but there's nothing to say it couldn't have twisted him side-ways like that to fit. It might have been nice if they were able to make a sleeve-like socket for that spot though vs the big, flip-up component. I really like all the details and the access to the guns underneath, but the hinges mar what are otherwise the super smooth lines of the ship. Still, they got the sliding canopy too which is fantastic.

It's funny they opted for the hidden missile launchers like the Cloud Car vs keeping the torpedo launcher underneath like the original. Those were integrated well originally and wouldn't have detracted from the mold but whatever works I guess.

Obviously at this price there won't be any electronics either I'd assume. I actually really like the Sfx on the original toy as they sound quite accurate.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Never owned the original release of this ship, the closest I think I had to this one was a Skittles launcher, which was kinda neat but obviously nowhere near as cool as this new version. Definitely looking to get a few of these for the new Naboo Pilots and Anakin to fly around in, plus they just would look really stinking cool lined up in a row I think.

Reaction score
I had plans of using one of these N-1 ships as a center piece for my TPM display if they ever got around to updating it, as I never had the old one & wasn't that interested in chasing it up..

BOOYA!! :victorious:

Can't wait. I've got the great blue Naboo FLashspeeder from the 1999 collection, & was going to use that as a focus piece for my set up. This changes everything now!

Reaction score
The Flash Speeder remains a sentimental favorite of mine. That was a cool nod to the OT and Kenner toys that I fully appreciated. And as a toy it still hold up rather well, even today. Don't banish it from you display VintajDroidGuts!! Seriously, it is worthy of a place beside the N-1! ;)

Reaction score
The Flash speeder does hold up quite well... in fact, it may have improved with age, since most figures (with better articulation and smaller scale) can actually fit in it now. The back seat is still useless, of course.

As far as the torpedo goes - I think I saw the torpedo tube underneath on the first "preview" picture, when it was still covered by the cloth. I'm not going to look for the photo, but I feel like it was there.

Reaction score
I started collecting during Ep III, so I'm really glad this is being updated & re-released. Will definately pick up one. Does anyone know what the small flaps under the turbines are? (maybe something to do with the hidden launchers?)
I also wonder if any R2's will have trouble fitting into astromech slot.

Reaction score
From the pix I've seen at other sites with Artoo in the slot, I think that they will pretty much all fit. Very clever effort on Hasbro's part, I must say. Also, the way its designed, the droid can't/won't fall out when you "roll" the ship... :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Big possibility that one that I pick up will be customized into a "Rebel Sympathizer" N-1 that somehow managed to find its way into the Rebellion's hands...

Reaction score
Big possibility that one that I pick up will be customized into a "Rebel Sympathizer" N-1 that somehow managed to find its way into the Rebellion's hands...
Good idea. The Rebels had a wide assortment of ships due to their not being an official government. I understand why George only gave them X-, Y-, B-, and A-wings, due to budget restraints, but on the Blu-Rays, it would've been cool to see them using a few ARC-170s or N-1 fighters would have been better than putting a rock in front of R2-D2.

Reaction score
^ Exactly! My Rebel Fleet consists of an "Ace" ARC-170 that is reserved only for the highest ranking crews, and an N-1 would be neat to have amongst the ranks as well.

*EDIT* It'll also be nice to put an R5 into an N-1. Even though it would be less sleek looking, it always bugged me that the entire Naboo Security Force astro-droid pool apparently was made up of R2 units. Apparently the only R5 they owned got blowed up during that blockade run lol.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I love that idea, it's definitely something I had never considered that before. It makes perfect sense, I hope to see pictures of it.

Reaction score
^ Exactly! My Rebel Fleet consists of an "Ace" ARC-170 that is reserved only for the highest ranking crews, and an N-1 would be neat to have amongst the ranks as well.

*EDIT* It'll also be nice to put an R5 into an N-1. Even though it would be less sleek looking, it always bugged me that the entire Naboo Security Force astro-droid pool apparently was made up of R2 units. Apparently the only R5 they owned got blowed up during that blockade run lol.
Hah! I totally thought as well. I love R5's they are my favs and Hasbro has finally REALLY been churning them out lately, too. I have R5's in all my ships that have droid slots...

Reaction score
Minus the slightly "newer" cockpit, I much prefer the older one, in terms of colo sheme. The yellow & the chrome on the EP1 original version came out much more eye catching, which is-----as explained about a zilion time by a zillion different people-------- exactly what he desire of the Naboo desighner's was(like in ALL of their ships/vehicle/weapons/etc).

Reaction score
Well thought out improvements, but I will wait until I see one next to the E1 version before making up my mind.

Reaction score
In regards to the color...I can't really tell much of a difference between the two. The yellow might be a bit brighter on this new one, but both lacked vac-metal chrome paint and came with a semi-metallic silver instead. The EpI version looks to be a darker yellow maybe, but I like the fact you can see the panel detailing on this new one.

Reaction score
I like what Hasbro has done with the N-1...

:) Gotta say though, I've always loved the electronic Kenner original - it is one of the kewlest SW vehicles realised as a toy vehicle, IMO - and I won't be ditching the original for this one.

But I may be picking up this new one to add to the squadron...

:)

Reaction score
Minus the slightly "newer" cockpit, I much prefer the older one, in terms of colo sheme. The yellow & the chrome on the EP1 original version came out much more eye catching,
there was never any chrome on the original N-1

Reaction score
What do you mean by "just"?

It has a boatload of new features.

Bantha Skull

So stoked!
If that's a boatload of new features, then I'd hate to see how it would have turned had they skimped on it.
Truly IMO there's not much they could do to add "play value" to it considering, though the sliding canopy is probably the coolest part.

I still feel the silver colored parts should have been chrome/vac-metal, and also the exclusions of F/X still makes it second place to the original IMO.

Reaction score
what?! no f/x. I hope the price point isn't high because that is a huge overlook on hasbro's part

Reaction score
^ $24.99. And I'd take a working droid slot over electronic F/X ANY day of the week. Twice on Sunday.

Reaction score
^ $24.99. And I'd take a working droid slot over electronic F/X ANY day of the week. Twice on Sunday.
I agree. I display my collection loose and I rarely pick up a starship to play with its buttons and lights. No offense to those that do, but to nick pick about this masterpiece is absurd. hasbro took a starship, and reworked it from the ground up. This could have easily been a repack like almost everything else, but it has features that we never would have dreamed of. Sliding Canopy window, flip up panel to reveal the cannons and droid slot (and can be used in repair diaromas). Brand new cockpit and throttle handles, hidden missile launchers, and a better weathering application on the engines. So I have a hard time understanding the negativity concerning the lack of sound and lights when they have been replaced by these other features. Another thing is that the new one makes the other one look a little dated.

Reaction score
will it be bent

I will enjoy this 100% more if it doesn't have the floppy bent rubber booms that the first edition had...I love the design, but it is sad that the best toy version of the N-1 is the ancient micromachines action fleet version...