Naboo N-1 Starfighter - 2012

Reaction score
Toonimator said it perfectly. I remember, being completely baffled as to HOW this design got approved(or any of the prequel astromech vehicles).

WHY would designs like this get approved!?! They don't even make sense!

Reaction score
Orangepeace said:
Well if I remember from the Cross Section, it showed R2 with an extension pole. So what Hasbro should do is make it fit the BAD mold and sculpt a telescoping pole that connects to the head to the body.
Sadly, the N1 is so poorly designed that R2 would still bang his projector and eye covering trying to pop his head through the port. Sticking a BAD head on top is the only option.

Reaction score
Yeah the R2 units shouldn't fit into the N1 fighters they way they do in the movie. It defies plausible engineering rules or design.

But damn it, the Naboo fighter are SO friggin' elegant and cool looking that I just ignore that issue.

And I REALLY hope it does include another BAD figure.

Reaction score
I don't know about that, maybe R2 can suck in his projectors in and out again and the open circle where the head goes looks a little bigger. So maybe it is proportionate, just not Hasbro's.

Reaction score
Simply awesome. This is what the first N1 should've been. Man, I love it. The ONLY thing that would've been cooler? Vac-metal chrome parts. But aside from that I REALLY like this ship. The subtle wear on it is nice, too. I will get at least two. That should be no problem.

Reaction score
Simply awesome. This is what the first N1 should've been. Man, I love it. The ONLY thing that would've been cooler? Vac-metal chrome parts. But aside from that I REALLY like this ship. The subtle wear on it is nice, too. I will get at least two. That should be no problem.
OH YES!! Vac-metal parts would have been awesome!

Reaction score
Well if they sold more pilots...

Two is good.

TPM: Ric and Generic Pilot
AOTC: Padme and Typho.

Need to find my old Padme and buy a Typho.

Reaction score
It really looks to be amazing... I do wish some pix would surface now of what it looks like with a droid in the slot though... Just very curious to see that... At any rate, yeah, this ship is a huge improvement....

Reaction score
The best reveal of the show. It has all i wanted in a Naboo fighter, sliding canopy, droïd socket and a newly detailled cockpit. With all the other vehicles being 1999 repacks, i'll clearly put all my budget on this one.

Reaction score
I am curious to see how the droid thing works too. I wonder if they are relying on us using BAD astromechs where you have to take the legs off? The idea with the film Naboo starfighters is that the body of the astro sits low in the hull and the head telescopes up to sit with the dome protruding from the craft.

I would also like to see just how much bigger this is than the 1999 version. I am warming to this one the more I look at it, although I never really was a huge fan of the craft. Plus, the original seems a more vibrant shade of yellow and has electronics.

Still undecided. And annoyed there's no big Infiltrator!:devilish:

Reaction score
I get the feeling the droid sits sideways, ala ARC-170.

Yep, it sits in the ship sideways, and then you just turn the head into the forward position. Pretty genius, actually.

As much as I hate Episode 1, and all the prequels for that matter, I've always liked this design.

I'm down for one.

Reaction score
I don't like TPM all that much but I love the Naboo Security Forces, their Naval Fleet included. Damn, I want the Royal Starship now. That would look great with two of these flanking it!

Reaction score
Cool. So, sideways, huh? That makes so much sense to me now that I think about it... Good to know. I never picked up the ARC-170...

Reaction score
I have the original, but I love that ship so much I'll buy another one. I'm pretty sure I own two versions of it in LEGO, also. The batteries in my original are still working, last I checked - about a year ago.

I'm off to make a list of what I want from the new stuff, and decide what older figures and vehicles I can get rid of.

Reaction score
I can't believe the new version is cheaper than the old one according to RS' Archives! This one retails for 24.99 while the old one was 29.99!

I'm definitely getting two of these, and going to try to get a Starship next Spring. Need to get some of the crew for the ship as well.

Reaction score
Yeah, considering all the improvements, I was expecting it to be slightly higher in price. I was pleasantly surprised that it is so reasonable. I will actually kind of miss the electronics, but then I do wish they put those in more ships... Still, this is a great deal on this ship to be sure. I was astounded that they actually somehow worked out a practical droid slot, the rest of it is all just gravy and damn good gravy... (sliding hatch? amazing!!!)

Reaction score
I almost honestly wish I could pass it up, too. But, alas, I am such a slave to the astromech droid that Hasbro's cunning decision to give it a working slot has made it impossible to resist. I doubt I'll have any regrets though. This ship was definitely a favorite among TPM designs -- so I will find it very amusing to own. The sliding cockpit bubble alone is so revolutionary in both its design and accuracy...

Hmmmmmmm, you know, the only way I would perhaps improv on this is that I am HOPING it sees wide release in a nifty Vintage Style Box to Celebrate The Return of the Menace!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Unfortunate how they had to add a button on top of it that distracts from the sleekness of the design. The original release handled that much more gracefully.

Yet, those updates and added features do make this a very tempting re-purchase.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I wasn't planning on replacing my '99 version, but this is pretty nice. If that $25 pricepoint holds, I'll probably pick one up.

Reaction score
so there's a spot for a second pilot and an adapter piece that holds an astromech that can fill the space for the second pilot?

that is just incredible

I'm all kinds of excited for this one.

This is especially awesome:

Reaction score
so there's a spot for a second pilot and an adapter piece that holds an astromech that can fill the space for the second pilot?
I can see how that image makes the astomech port look like a pilot seat, however, that is just an astomech port.

There is no adapter from what I saw.

Last edited: