Naboo N-1 Starfighter - 2012

Reaction score
I've tried a handful of droids in this, with mixed success.

BAD R5 worked okay but the head sat a bit low. Same for BAD R2.
Saga R5 worked better, but the rotating head raised the motivator.
Early Bird R2 sat low, but the sensor scope came up.
R4-G9 (or whatever that ROTS R2 unit is) works pretty well, but I don't have an R2-D2 in that mold.
I'll have to dig out some other options... TVC R2, the old R3 mold, and some POTF/TPM-era R2s.

Reaction score
First I want to say thanks for the SKU #, second thanks for the 800 #. I was able to pick this up today at a T.M. about 45 mins. away. I called the number last night and checked the zip code and they had 3. Got up this morning and called and the lady put all 3 on hold for me till I got there. The assortment was, Naboo fighter, Green republic tank and Anakins jedi starfighter. Thanks again to the scummers for posting!!

Reaction score
Opened this yesterday. First impressions are that I like it, it is a quality piece. This level of vehicle being offered in this class is a welcome surprise. Love the new cockpit, as well as the sliding canopy, the stickers are a pain to put on though (tweezers and a toothpick help) the side missiles are unnecessary in my opinion and are a distraction to the aesthetics of the exterior. Those little quirks aside, I do really like this upgrade!

Reaction score
I got mine on Wednesday. It is a very nice update. Like the TRU Y-wing that came out 2011 I have been waiting for this for a while. No thanks to Hasbro. Even at 24.99 and free shipping still not a bad deal.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Still waiting for my Amazon bird to arrive, but I picked one up from TM in the meantime. The cockpit stickers weren't really that big a deal after removing the main (hinged) hatch for access. I used a pocketknife blade tip to position them. I also straightened the warped engine nacelles with hot/cold water. The canopy took a bit more work, though. It was cloudy with a few faint scratches. After (gently) popping the canopy loose, a few minutes with some Meguiar's plastic polish and a new microfiber towel worked wonders. :grin: The results even motivated me to hit the canopy on the ol' trench run X-wing, too.

Reaction score
How did that turn out? Mine is all cloudy and kind of tacky:\
I am pleased. :grin: I'd post pics but my wife has lost my camera. Again.

*** UPDATE *** Camera has been found. I should have known to check the floorboard of my car. (???)

My x-wing canopy was cloudy, too (maybe residue from the canopy frame painting process?), but the polish cleared it up very nicely. If you give it a try, use light pressure and be sure the cloth is clean -- A piece of grit or dirt trapped in the cloth will scratch very easily. Too much pressure and you'll leave swirl marks.

It's actually clearer than in the photo, must be a slight glare. I'll blame the remaining imperfections on micrometeoroids.

Thread drift over; we now return you to your regularly scheduled Naboo Starfighter discussion already in progress.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I opened one of the Naboo fighters I got from Amazon.The conapy on mine is clear no clouding or scratchs.

Last edited:
Reaction score
That's it. As a heads-up, all the vehicles in this assortment have the same SKU -- Makes using the 1-800-901-0881 inventory locator more of a crapshoot.
I went to two stores today that the phone number said that each store had three of them in stock. NOTHING WAS THERE, NOTHING!!!!!!!! Not a Naboo Starfighter, Not Anakin's JediStarfighter, Not any Star Wars at all, NOTHING!!!!! The Phone number is a waste of time! I was so dissapointed that me and my finance drove all that way for nothing!!!

Reaction score
I went to two stores today that the phone number said that each store had three of them in stock. NOTHING WAS THERE, NOTHING!!!!!!!! Not a Naboo Starfighter, Not Anakin's JediStarfighter, Not any Star Wars at all, NOTHING!!!!! The Phone number is a waste of time! I was so dissapointed that me and my finance drove all that way for nothing!!!
Purely speculation, but there seems to be a lag in how often TM's inventory management system updates. The automated message for the store I bought mine from didn't reflect my purchase until two days later. Maybe everything had already been sold, but was still being carried in the system. :confused:

Or maybe [German accent] they're morons who only know what they read in the New York Post. [/German accent]

Reaction score
I am pleased. :grin: I'd post pics but my wife has lost my camera. Again.

*** UPDATE *** Camera has been found. I should have known to check the floorboard of my car. (???)

My x-wing canopy was cloudy, too (maybe residue from the canopy frame painting process?), but the polish cleared it up very nicely. If you give it a try, use light pressure and be sure the cloth is clean -- A piece of grit or dirt trapped in the cloth will scratch very easily. Too much pressure and you'll leave swirl marks.

It's actually clearer than in the photo, must be a slight glare. I'll blame the remaining imperfections on micrometeoroids.

Thread drift over; we now return you to your regularly scheduled Naboo Starfighter discussion already in progress.
THANK YOU! I will have to try that!

Reaction score
using that phone number and item number, my local Tuesday Morning said they had three in stock. Went there after work and sure enough Starfighter was the first one on the shelf. Brought her home for $14.99 :)

Reaction score
The Tuesday morning stores we have never get awesome stuff like this. The only Star wars items I found were some of the 2011 figures from clone Wars: Count Douku, Anakin with space helmet, phase one Cody, Cad Bane. I called the TM inventory phone number and no dice. Glad I got mine though Amazon.com. I am sure out TM stores will never get the Naboo Fighter.

Reaction score
I did the phone number thing for TM. System said they had 3 = they had one Naboo Fighter and the 2 other ships that come with it. Stopped by the store and picked it up...easy and done.

Reaction score
After Tuesday Morning failed me in my search for a 2nd Naboo Starfighter. I got my first one in the mail today that i ordered from Amazon. Really glad i purchased it. Awesome vehicle.

Reaction score
The only thing that is awkward is that you have to put the R2 unit in sideways.not facing forward.Which I understand because the way the Droid socket is designed.

Reaction score
Did anyone here find the vehicles at several TM locations in their city? Sounds like only random locations are getting them. I hit a few TM stores near me and the people who unload the truck tell me they haven't seen them.

Reaction score
Here are some pictures of the new and old starfighters. I actually like both of them.

Reaction score
Did anyone here find the vehicles at several TM locations in their city? Sounds like only random locations are getting them. I hit a few TM stores near me and the people who unload the truck tell me they haven't seen them.
I checked 3, only one had it.

Reaction score
Success at my local Tuesday Morning! After calling the 1-800 number a few days ago, I learned that the store near my job had three items (I assumed to be one of each vehicle). I went to the store that day - no vehicles. I asked the super nice elderly lady working about them, and she said that they just received a shipment, but it would take a few days to go through all the boxes. Today, I got a call from her letting me know that she held all three vehicles for me! I picked up the Naboo Starfighter and the green tank. Very happy with the level of customer service at Tuesday Morning.

Reaction score
Just bought a second on Amazon. I got the first one back in October and it's a brilliant so I said I'd get a second one.

Reaction score
Success at my local Tuesday Morning! After calling the 1-800 number a few days ago, I learned that the store near my job had three items (I assumed to be one of each vehicle). I went to the store that day - no vehicles. I asked the super nice elderly lady working about them, and she said that they just received a shipment, but it would take a few days to go through all the boxes. Today, I got a call from her letting me know that she held all three vehicles for me! I picked up the Naboo Starfighter and the green tank. Very happy with the level of customer service at Tuesday Morning.
Welcome to my world. Our TM stores must be in the hind end of the space. I tried the number no luck. Well, I guess our Tuesday morning store will never see these. Too all those who found these for 14 bucks keep in mind that there are others that are beating our heads against a wall find these.

Reaction score
Finally got back home from a business trip and found this ship waiting for me. I have to confess that the stickers made me absolutely giddy. I used to love putting stickers on my GI Joe toys, and it was delightful to get to do it with the N-1. The only thing I had to do with mine was to boil the engine spikes for a few seconds so that they'd straighten out. (Big time OCD thing for me.) Finally my Ric Olie and his personal Astromech droid have a ride after months of waiting. This really is a well designed toy. It's a shame that Hasbro has managed its distribution as poorly as they have.

Reaction score
I've picked up two Naboo fighters and two tanks over the last week at T.M. Very happy to have a set now. I'm going to trade the extra tank and fighter.

Reaction score
Managed to get a Naboo Starfighter on Amazon UK for £9.60 last night!!! They still have the pod racer and battle tank at that price too.

Reaction score
I'm loving this ship. Just got mine from Amazon. Although I'm getting too old to put those miniature stickers on.

Reaction score
Never saw these in the wild. I just purchased two of the 1999 ones MIB for around 15.99 which oddly enough the older ones are substantially more numerous and cheaper MIB. I think the older one is better for a few reasons after reviewing the differences.

Reaction score
Never saw these in the wild. I just purchased two of the 1999 ones MIB for around 15.99 which oddly enough the older ones are substantially more numerous and cheaper MIB. I think the older one is better for a few reasons after reviewing the differences.
What? Really?

I much prefer the removable astromech and new cockpit.

Reaction score
I picked up my Starfighter through Amazon.uk several months ago, then found another at Tuesday Morning. I traded it for a CW shark Republic Gunship.