Naboo Celebration Padme

Reaction score
I hope Hasbro keeps the OTC packaging design for the Revenge Of the Sith figures. It would bring everything full circle in a way.

GNT

Reaction score
Hey Captmiloman, we've already seen what the ROTS packaging looks like, check it out here

Reaction score
captmiloman said:
I hope Hasbro keeps the OTC packaging design for the Revenge Of the Sith figures. It would bring everything full circle in a way.
Wow, you are in for a shock...

ROTS Packaging is far from OTC.

GNT

Reaction score
I just found a nice front view picture of the new Naboo Padme figure, click here to check it out! Wowzers this figure looks fantastic! The end of the year can't come soon enough!

Reaction score
WOW! Yes she does look fantastic! Can't wait till she comes out! Finaly after five 1/2 years, she's been made. Does anyone have any close up pics on Rabe?

GNT

Reaction score
Here is a much larger picture of Padme, that don't look like the globe of peace to me!

Reaction score
Ok.....I agree the dress is awesome and the figure itself is beautiful, but what's with that freakin head sculpt?

GNT showed us that GH has a good close up of that magazine cover here (the below pic is even bigger):

http://www.galactichunter.com/photo.asp?image=absolutenm/articlefiles/3372-LTR143.jpg

And I swear...it looks almost like they took a Lobot head, then painted it with makeup and put on some hair. That looks NOTHING like Padme.

Reaction score
JoshEEE said:
And I swear...it looks almost like they took a Lobot head, then painted it with makeup and put on some hair. That looks NOTHING like Padme.
To each their own. I think it's a pretty damn good likeness.

Picture

*Edited to a link so users will not have to scroll from left to right to read the thread

GNT

Reaction score
Theres 2 things I can think of:

1. It's a 2 piece "globe of peace" where half of it's removable.

or the magazine cover was only a prototype and it wasn't fully completed

GNT

Reaction score
Alice has returned to a galaxy far far away well technically she never really left

Reaction score
Miss_Kittin_17 said:
Is that the maid from the Brady Bunch standing behind Anakin? It sure looks like her.
I never realized Ann B. Davis had a part in TPM.

Maybe that is Lucas' shcoking revelation in ROTS. Anakin as a young boy is forced to leave his mother and then is raised briefly by Alice. Then she leaves him too, because Sam the Butcher needed some loving. All the important women in Anakin's life just keep leaving him...

Reaction score
Looks pretty good, Way better than Rabe. I like the fact that she has elbow articulation, I wasn't expecting it on both arms. The cape looks pretty good. I like the face, and the crown is well done as well. Too bad the cape doesn't have light yellow fading on the bottom. Will pick one of these up!

Reaction score
Now I have to get this figure. I think they did a great job on the likeness IMO. Hope the peace ball is good.

GNT

Reaction score
They hit the nail straight on with Naboo Padme - a superb job by Hasbro and a must have for the collection. I'm glad the Peace ball is a ball unlike what we saw above plus the card back image is pretty sweet as well
Big thumbs up for Hasbro

Reaction score
Everytime I see a new picture of this figure, I am more impressed. Hasbro did an excellent job with coloring - the face looks much more realistic, compared to previous versions of the queen...

Reaction score
Yeah, her face looks all crank-sided. Hopefully it's just a bad paintjob on this one example. Anyone notice that the cardback shows her with the smaller "globe of peace" thing like we saw before? Glad they fixed that.

While these aren't the most exciting figures, it is good to see Hasbro revisiting TPM again.

Reaction score
Even though the paint application looks a little sloppy on the one in this pic (particularly the eyes, lip and cheeks), it looks pretty damn good.

Reaction score
Durge said:
Yikes!

Padme! They've killed your beauty!

The sculpt is there, but that paint application just KILLS it. All I need is one nicely painted version of this figure and I'll be happy.

GNT

Reaction score

Take a look at the ball it seems they've gone to abit more effort with this piece then was seen in earlier pictures. The paint application on this figure is pretty sloppy so I hope all of them aren't like this one. Otherwise this is amust buy figure

More pictures:

More pictures here

Reaction score
Not to insult you, but I'm curious why people get modern figures AFA graded?

Reaction score
This is the only OTC (or P-OTC) figure that I cannot find for a decent price. I wish they would either re-release her, or even better, resculpt her and Naboo Handmaiden Padmé from the same wave.

Reaction score
This is the only OTC (or P-OTC) figure that I cannot find for a decent price. I wish they would either re-release her, or even better, resculpt her and Naboo Handmaiden Padmé from the same wave.
I can get you one for 3 bucks plus shipping to your country.

They are MOC, but can be shipped loose.

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Not to insult you, but I'm curious why people get modern figures AFA graded?

Not offended at all...
If I really enjoy a modern figure and it is in really good condition I will sometimes get it graded.
Mostly for display and I figure if I'm going to spend $ on a nice acrylic case, It is worth spending a bit more to have it graded as well...
I have 8 modern figs graded....hard to find/cool vintage collection figures, Revan and a few from my Amidala focus...
I'm sure even many pro afa people will still only grade vintage moc/loose ( which I have many of ) but I think it is worth it for preserving its condition and for display

GNT

Reaction score
Just opened her up, my god she can't even stand with her gown on, horrible!

GNT

Reaction score
^ ~~~ lol. guessing it will be really difficult to have the globe thingy in her hands too.
She can hold it in her hands as long as her hands are close to her body, forget about Boss Nass holding it :p

Reaction score
She can hold it in her hands as long as her hands are close to her body, forget about Boss Nass holding it :p
This is my biggest gripes about the figure and even if you use a stand she leans to one side and it looks horrible. I think I ended up having to glue a little piece of plastic under one side of her gown just to get her to not stand like a moron.