Mythrol - VC***

Reaction score
All available pre-order links:

Last edited:
Reaction score
I noticed that and did find it odd, I hope they didn't break the bank on a random nobody. lol
At least all of them do make sense though so that should please the "accuracy" police.

Reaction score
Well to be fair Hasbro showed a digital render for that figure and the seam looked almost seamless, then pictures of the actual figure surfaced with people posing it weirdly so the gap looked less than desirable. End result was that Greef in particular was one of the better done figures in regards to the torso joint. So yes I hope they can continue this quality on future figures.

Fish face on the other hand is an actual prototype shown with what appears to be very poorly constructed and put together joint, so unless the actual production figures have a much tighter gap to them this is what we're getting. Which I hope that he turns out more like Greef because I don't know how much more I can continue buying if they all wind up looking like this guy. It's figures like this that potentially make me fear for Lobot and any new figure. I can look past the hips and ankles because they don't look as horrible.

I really wish they would take a hard look at this flawed design and fix it going forward. Some people around her act like every critique is a complaint, and maybe it is, but if we don't we'll continue to end up with figure like Endor Han.
Fish Face?! He prefers to be called "Mythrol from the Black lagoon!" or please don't sue Universal Mythrol!)

Last edited:
Reaction score
A number of us have been asking for more accessories, and since they're raising the MSRP, they probably figured now was the time.

bac

Reaction score
Two of his accessories are not new (gun, cuffs). Even so, 4 accessories is very welcome.

Unless those cuffs are new. Hard to tell.

Reaction score
*Looks at Boba VC 186...
Um, okay, what's your point? Is his chest unnaturally bisected with a huge gash right in the middle?

No. The split is at a natural breaking point, hidden by his belt. It's also much closer to his waist. That's how you do it. Characters with just cloth shirts and no "gear" should not have that break. It always looks bad.

Reaction score
The split torso when done right provides an amazing range of motion. People complained and complained and complained about Greef Carga (before the actual figure was even seen) and in hand the split is barely noticeable and is fully functional to the point that I hope it is the standard all these figures are up to going forward.
Greef Carga's split looks like as$. It's very noticeable, it's probably the first place your eyes land when looking at the thing.

Reaction score
Um, okay, what's your point? Is his chest unnaturally bisected with a huge gash right in the middle?

No. The split is at a natural breaking point, hidden by his belt. It's also much closer to his waist. That's how you do it. Characters with just cloth shirts and no "gear" should not have that break. It always looks bad.
You stated "ALWAYS" looked bad, maybe don't back yourself into a corner like that if you're going to get prissy, clearly there's exceptions

Reaction score
You stated "ALWAYS" looked bad, maybe don't back yourself into a corner like that if you're going to get prissy, clearly there's exceptions
Hey, "always" means ALWAYS....until I decide there are exceptions. Besides, Fett doesn't have a true torso split, anyway. It's a gut split at best.

Reaction score
I remember back in the old days when I’d be playing and have one guy stab another guy. If the vic had any seams or cracks, that’s where the sword or knife (or spear, or toothpick, etc.) would lodge. GI Joes always had annoying articulation points, but you could stab them in the gut better (not to mention pose them to ride stuff). In other words, there’ve always been pros and cons to joint gaps!

Reaction score
I remember back in the old days when I’d be playing and have one guy stab another guy. If the vic had any seams or cracks, that’s where the sword or knife (or spear, or toothpick, etc.) would lodge. GI Joes always had annoying articulation points, but you could stab them in the gut better (not to mention pose them to ride stuff). In other words, there’ve always been pros and cons to joint gaps!
Old GI Joes are the best. I love their articulation system and think it's still the best ever. Don't forget that screw hole in the back, which made an excellent point for a knife or sword to go into!

Reaction score
Man, I'm happy to see some love for this guy here. I've read a lot of negative comments on some other sites about them doing the Mythrol, calling it a "wasted slot", etc. I, for one, am ecstatic about getting this guy! I mean, who else is going to use the "Refresher" in the Razor Crest?

Reaction score
Old GI Joes are the best. I love their articulation system and think it's still the best ever. Don't forget that screw hole in the back, which made an excellent point for a knife or sword to go into!

I've always wished Hasbro could do a hybrid articulation. I loved the articulation of 80's GI Joes over 5POA Star Wars when I was a kid. And the modern Joes have great arms, I like the torso for the most part, but......the legs sorta kill me. They're too long IMO and the knees are not ball socketed (with some exceptions)......but the hips are really nice where you get great poseability. I've pretty much preferred the legs of modern SA Star Wars figures (but they can be done poorly) and the upper body of modern Joes. Rocker ankles can be good, can be bad....not really fully sold on them when they can be troublesome in terms of looking right and allowing for easy standing in all cases (see Mosep Binneed for an example of rocker ankles I don't like). Hasbro could do a hybrid on Star Wars figures, they've got the ability to give us the best of both worlds on the articulation. I think the articulation of a figure can be done really well just as the overall sculpt can be excellent and we've seen some superb releases over the years. The waist is an issue that in the past has been more on my mind, this guys waist doesn't look great to me, I think it coulda been done a little better.....but it's a really a nice overall look and a cool looking alien. Looking forward to getting one in hand to further evaluate him.

Reaction score
Mythrol is not at the top of my wants from the announced figures coming but still an instant buy. I think cause he was so unexpected made it more exciting. Hearing Bib & Lobot are coming was maybe best news for me.

Reaction score
Man, I'm happy to see some love for this guy here. I've read a lot of negative comments on some other sites about them doing the Mythrol, calling it a "wasted slot", etc. I, for one, am ecstatic about getting this guy! I mean, who else is going to use the "Refresher" in the Razor Crest?
Honestly can't imagine why anyone would complain about this figure. It's a great choice and the results (split torso aside) look fantastic! Isn't everyone always clamoring for aliens?

Reaction score
For me Mythrol was top want BEFORE he made a fun appearance in Season 2. I'm also not a big WE NEED ALIENS guy but this was just cool character.,

Reaction score
If he was 1 & done, I'm not sure if I would care. But when they brought him back..... I am betting he will be a bigger bad guy than we expect down the line.

Reaction score
I wouldn't really call him a "bad guy" though
I don't like when they bring in an actor "because they liked the guy" but don't have a plan for him.(I think they have a plan in this case.)

So if I were one of the writers, he was a connected "bad guy" who got a bounty on him. Why not expand on that if he was as rich as he 1st said, he doesn't need to be taking a second fiddle role. I would make him a guy who hires Mando for certain jobs, that are really about getting Mando killed & if he is successful then he just loses an enemy & rises in whatever group/family he is from. A secret bad guy from within story would be cool.

Reaction score
Yeah, he’s clearly a slime ball, but one that has the charisma to get along with the mains. People have criticized him for coming across like a Star Trek alien (mostly for his Midwestern accent! 🤣), but it’s also for his attitude and seeming duplicity. He reminds me of Neelix. Every show needs a character like that!

Reaction score
This was such a nice surprise. I never thought they’d do a character like this. And he looks great too. Immediately became my most anticipated TVC release. More than Ahsoka, Maul, Bo Katan, Kuuil. They never do stuff like this any more. I’d love for them to do more newly-sculpted minor alien characters along these lines. Even just one a year, fine!

Reaction score
It does seem odd to go with new cuffs when several molds already exist and it would have kept costs down to reuse them, so that mold must not have been in the same factory as this new figure thus needing new ones made. Then you've got the other two new ones and a thicker figure so the cost on this guy must have been slightly higher, could thing he's in the same wave as the smaller figure Kuiil.

Reaction score
It does seem odd to go with new cuffs when several molds already exist and it would have kept costs down to reuse them, so that mold must not have been in the same factory as this new figure thus needing new ones made. Then you've got the other two new ones and a thicker figure so the cost on this guy must have been slightly higher, could thing he's in the same wave as the smaller figure Kuiil.
It seems necessary to me. Mythrol's cuffs don't look the same as any others, and they need to match the ones sculpted into the carbonite block. ;)
Plus they had to give him cuffs that would actually fit him!

Reaction score
None of the cuffs would have been accurate to this figure... show... anything

Reaction score
Are they that different? I never really noticed because I don't care much for his character and never paid much attention to his scenes. I just thought that since we had seen so many cuff variants over the years that one already existed that looked similar.

Reaction score
I suspect they will be reusing the new cuff sculp. (a lot) Now lets see those other (Marvel) frozen prisoners.

Reaction score
Hopefully we’ll get the prison ship mercenaries soon too.

A four pack like the recently announced “””””””Bad Batch”””””” set would be pretty great, or all of them in the same wave.