Mystery Vehicle in SE ANH

Reaction score
Looks like a bird of some kind from the pictures alone.
Had to find the clip, to make a qualified guess - it reminds me of those styrofoam planes you throw and they curl and swirl around.
A bit x-wing shaped though. Maybe e-wing.

Last edited:

Utinniii

Reaction score
I found it too complicated to try to attach the clip so thanks for looking it up.

The closest SW vehicle it looks like to me is an E Wing, followed up by a Maurader Corvette, but I'm convinced that there is a better answer.

Reaction score
That ship isn't in the original film.

But, looking at that still, I am reminded of how much I would like to see a CZ-3 droid in 6". And Wioslea too.

I suppose the obscure background characters were always the most interesting to me as a kid. One of my favourite figures from the 80's was Dengar. Another was that white droid from Jabba's palace I can't even remember the name of.

Reaction score
I suppose the obscure background characters were always the most interesting to me as a kid. One of my favourite figures from the 80's was Dengar. Another was that white droid from Jabba's palace I can't even remember the name of.
8D8.

It wasnt until this decade that I learned that Dengar can be seen in Jabba’s Palace, too.

Reaction score
Aye that's him. Sinister looking bugger. He'd be a real belter in 6".

Like Oofa, I didn't know this until this year too.

In fairness, he flashes on screen so fast, it's almost subliminal.
It's in another discussion in this section right now but I never noticed BG-J38 in Jabba's Palace but if you brighten up the foreground when Leia and Chewie first enter, he's totally there.

Last edited:

Utinniii

Reaction score
ILM did the special FX for the Star Trek films so they would have CGI Birds of Prey and it would be easy for them to insert one here.

It only seems fair since they had the Millennium Falcon attack the Borg!

(The Klingon Dogs were first designed for Jabba as well.)