Myo!

Reaction score
Myo

I can hardly see anything to pass judgement... Doesn't look like an accurate head sculpt, though.

GNT

Reaction score
Re: Myo Picture!!!

Inigo_Montoya said:
Oh crap, man. He looks awful.
He reminds me of the POTF line from a few years back. Have to see a bigger picture to know for sure how bad this figure actually is. *sigh*

Reaction score

I really think it's a little too early to pass judgement yet, though from what I can tell he doesn't look too bad, though I will say the outfit is kinda odd from this distance. Still eagerly awaiting a good close pic.

Reaction score

Oh come on guys, he's an alien from the Cantina! He has to be the most perfect figure ever made!!!!

//end sarcastic post

Reaction score

I can't see how anyone can pass judgement yet. I'm sure he'll be a great figure. In the past I've seen figures that look hellish in their initial shots, but when the final product came along I was pleasantly surprised. VOTC R2 comes to mind in reference to what we saw vs. what we got.

BTW, the picture we have so far is extremely weak at best to produce any final conclusions.

Reaction score

While its hard to see anything from the picture - I was still a little surprised by the size of the figure, like others, I imagined him to be larger, more like j'quille or something.

Reaction score

Cantina! Yea!

Bring them on! All of them! Even if they were a chessey character I don't care! And bring on the twins (but give us both...)

Reaction score

Don't have the references to prove it, but I'd be willing to believe Myo's outfit is accurate. The background characters in the cantina look fine when seen for a split-second over a main character's shoulder, but when they're committed to plastic accurately you can see the corners that got cut. Maybe it's heresy but I wouldn't mind seeing outfits like Myo's and the Gotal's made a bit more interesting by Hasbro for action-figure purposes.... DJ

Reaction score

I dunno. I actually kind of like the green.
There isn't much green in the cantina as far as clothing goes.
And a bit too much brown. . .

This could also be yet another Han Hoth lighting issue.
Green can very often "look" brown. . .

The size looks right to me. Can't wait to see a better photo.
I've thought Myo would make a great figure for some time.
Now, if they'd just get cracking on that Hem Dazum I keep dreaming about. . .

Reaction score

Myo's outfit is too reminiscent of Kenner's direction with the Vintage Cantina figures.

Reaction score

The look of the shirt though is very, very accurate to the film. Especially the two tone design. . .

Anybody got decent a reference photo of Myo?

Reaction score

This guy's a bounty hunter? With one eye? I can only assume he's not a very good shot...

GNT

Reaction score
LOL. I'm just glad the Myo figure looks to have plenty of articulation.

Ook

Reaction score
I bet he can see that drink he's holdin' just fine. My Myo won't be hunting any bounty; he'll be spendin' his days and nights getting loaded at the cantina!

Ook

Reaction score
It's really great that they're packing these guys with the Outlander Club drink glasses. The cups that come with the bar sets are fine, but pretty nondescript. With 9 plain cylindricals per bar set and all the same color, it's pretty monotonous. I'm glad to see these coming with the upcoming single-carded patrons!

GNT

Reaction score
You can't release a Cantina member without a cup to drink from, it would be if Hasbro released a Jedi without his lightsaber
I hope that's a new blaster he comes with and that it fits in his holster

Ook

Reaction score
GNT said:
You can't release a Cantina member without a cup to drink from, it would be if Hasbro released a Jedi without his lightsaber
I hope that's a new blaster he comes with and that it fits in his holster
Well they sure have in the past. Cantina ALiens Cinema Scene anyone?

And the gun looks like Evazan's to me...?

Reaction score
He's cool looking but I got to see better pics to give a real good opinion on him.

The body does look a little POTF2 going into POTJ-ish. Again though it'll tak some loose shots to really be able to tell for sure.

Either way though I'll take it. Can never have enough Cantina patrons, even if a few are sub par.

GNT

Reaction score
It is possible that it could be an older sculpt that was never released back in say the POTJ line. They've still got figures they've made but never released.Oh well have to wait for more clearer pictures

Reaction score
Now thats a much better look. He's looking pretty sweet from what I can tell. And his blaster is the same as Bo Shek's from the POTJ line.

Reaction score
The new, better scan does wonders for this figure. Looks good! I can't wait for the cantina wave.

Reaction score

Imrahil2001 said:
This guy's a bounty hunter? With one eye? I can only assume he's not a very good shot...
Well, with him having only one eye, at least he doesn't have to close the other so he can focus on the gunsight like most two-eyed folks do. Hell, even Greedo and the stormies can't shoot anything in front of them.

Reaction score
GNT said:
It is possible that it could be an older sculpt that was never released back in say the POTJ line. They've still got figures they've made but never released.Oh well have to wait for more clearer pictures
Could be but I hadn't heard this proto existed as far back as POTJ. Of course there's always stuff that will pop that you find out was due long ago.

Not many realize but the Playskool/Galactic Heroes line was due out way back in the POTJ. I acquired a proto of the Obi Wan from Ep1 (which was released in Saga) when the POTJ line first started up.

So who knows...

Reaction score
I like the look of Myo, especially now that we can see him a bit better. He doesn't look as good as Feltipern, but I'm looking forward to him more than Dannik.
We're getting three, new Cantina aliens that have never seen plastic before. I'm not complaining.

Reaction score
I'll take any Cantina figure that's not Ponda Baba or Greedo at this point... sub par sculpt or not.

Reaction score
Darth_Rayne said:
We're getting three, new Cantina aliens that have never seen plastic before. I'm not complaining.

No kidding! Myo looks good enough to me! When we actually GET stuff like this, maybe we shouldn't be quite so picky!

Reaction score
Re: Myo! Yeah, he rocks!

Agreed.

Myo looks to be pretty amazing in my book.
He's a great choice for a figure.
And looks to be very well done.

The new glasses are awesome.

Wish there would be an accessory pack of these or something. I like the other, plainer white cups as well. But these "glass" ones with the liquid are truly outstanding.

Reaction score

Agreed! Now we just need Bom Vimdin and Hem Dazon (and a few others of course...).

Reaction score

Yeah, Hem especially would brighten my day.
He is the last "truly significant" Cantina alien left.
What other creature is so recognizable?

I know that Hasbro would have to totally "guess" at his body. . .
(The DVD stills section has a great shot proving that,
yep, Hem really was just a head and neck hand puppet.) . . .
But I would think that the design team would welcome the challenge. . .

C'mon, Hasbro! Don't let me down.

Ook

Reaction score

MARK2D2 said:
LAMPREY

Ook

Reaction score

MARK2D2 said:
Sgt_Ook said:
MARK2D2 said:
LAMPREY
Pack him with Hem then.
Since they missed packing him with his drinking buddy Lak, sure, pack him (I guess EU established it's a her...) with anybody. It's a must! And bendy would be sweet!

And yeah, we definitely need Trevagg's girlfriend. He's gotta cozy up with somebody in a booth!