Myo!

GNT

Reaction score
Ok heres a seperate thread just to talk about the Myo figure. Anyone excited or happy to see this figure made in plastic?

Here's some details on the character:
It's easy to trace the etymology of most of the on-set alien nicknames, such as The One-Eyed Cyclops. His proper name was going to be Cyceyed, back in 1978, but that name was lost to time. In 1995, a roleplaying sourcebook, Alliance Intelligence Reports, featured a cyclopean Abyssin named Myo. When the Decipher card of this character came out, the cantina alien finally had a name.

The spin-off material established Myo as a sort of hulking brute, but in truth, the person wearing the mask in the cantina was actually pretty scrawny compared to more recent artwork of the beefy Abyssins. Myo was a Laine Liska-designed slip-on mask with slight articulation of the eye.

Anyone going to buy him? Thought?

Reaction score
Bring on the Cantina figs!

I should know this but is this going to be inanother screen scene or on it's own card?

GNT

Reaction score
Myo will be individually carded. His in one of the 3 waves inbetween the OTC and EP3 line.

Reaction score
Will it be considered OTC, I'm figuring it is going to be on an OTC style card like the Coruscant wave is rumored to be on, but will it have the OTC logo on it since it is from the OT?

Reaction score
Sith_Lord_Chaos said:
Will it be considered OTC, I'm figuring it is going to be on an OTC style card like the Coruscant wave is rumored to be on, but will it have the OTC logo on it since it is from the OT?
It better, but I am thinking Hasbro may give us the Canadian type cards once the PT figures are out. It's just a hunch. Lets hope i am wrong.

Reaction score
My thoughts exactly. Bring them on. Bring them all on. If it's in the Cantina I want it!
WOOHOOO!!!

Reaction score
yes more cantina figures are a good thing. for once hasbro is doing something right for the fans. iam buying him.

Reaction score
Would have preferred the Arconan, but Myo will make an excellent addition to my Cantina. With three new aliens for the cantina my cardboard diorama is going to start getting crowded. That's a good thing.

GNT

Reaction score
Hasbro could always make more Cantina figures at a later date if people are interested, maybe another Cantina 3 pack?

Reaction score
Supposedly, there is a third cantina three-pack coming from K-mart, but I seriously doubt that there will be an all-new figure in it judging from the second one.

Reaction score
Yea, i heard that too. the round section of the bar.

but knowing HASBRO, they will re-release some of the figures for this one

GNT

Reaction score
From the sound of what Starwars.com posted these figures will be released on cards, Maybe Hasbro could always retool them for another 3pack.

Reaction score
I remember Myo from the Cantina! I always thought, "That one-eyed alien would make a cool figure!" Apparently Hasbro finally thought so too! I can't wait for early '05!

Reaction score
Extremely excited at Myo - he has been top of my list for ages!
As Hem Dazon, Bom Vimdin and Banis Keeg were also rumoured at the same time as Pablo Jill, Sly and Yarua, maybe the sculpts were already made and they could turn up as the third cantina set?

Reaction score
Burty_Odle said:
Extremely excited at Myo - he has been top of my list for ages!
As Hem Dazon, Bom Vimdin and Banis Keeg were also rumoured at the same time as Pablo Jill, Sly and Yarua, maybe the sculpts were already made and they could turn up as the third cantina set?
That would be nice or just release them carded. Although I doubt they'll release 6 cantina figs at one time. Knowing Hasbro they will want to see how the first 2 sell before committing to a 3rd set.

GNT

Reaction score
Anyone heard anything about this figure? I know a local site here has it up for preorder. Bring on Myo!

Reaction score
GNT said:
Anyone heard anything about this figure?
No. Stop bumping your threads until there is something to report. It's annoying.

Thanks.

GNT

Reaction score
Have you ever figured out that maybe I and others may want to discuss the figure but can't because this thread is further back? No...

As for the above question "Anyone heard anything about this figure?" it's directed at everyone here not just yourself.

Instead of complaining about a thread being bumped as usual why not add something to it?

If you don't like it when a thread is bumped then perhaps you should:

1. Ignore the thread.
2. Keep the above comment to yourself.
3. Stop with the moding it's annoying.

Thanks

Where did you hear that Inigo_Montoya?

Reaction score
Hhhmmm....Myo....goes good with bread and tuna......

Oh...oh, yeah, bring on Myo. I want a cyclops figure. Tired of that X-men guy.

Reaction score
I , for one, would like to thank GNT for bumping this thread (not shamelessly kissing butt, I promise. Somehow I completely missed the news of this figure. Is this from an official source?

Ook

Reaction score
Billy_Ray said:
I , for one, would like to thank GNT for bumping this thread (not shamelessly kissing butt, I promise. Somehow I completely missed the news of this figure. Is this from an official source?
I think Hasbro said so at Comic Con, but I don't remember for sure.

Reaction score
Wow, I don't know how I missed that...I even read that article about Comic Con on SW.com. Weird....anyway, yeah I will deifnitely be getting them! I am always up for new cantina aliens. It will be intersting to see if Dannik Jerriko will come with that hooka pipe thing he smokes in the movie or not...I mean, it should, but who knows.

Reaction score
This cantina wave is a real treat. I was beginning to think hasbro would only release these backgroung aliens on low quality sets like cantina bar 3-packs.

Reaction score
I will definitely be excited for this Cantina wave. Yeah, I think Hasbro will include the pipe for him to smoke. Afterall his nickname is "Pipesmoker." I'll be really upset if they make this figure and don't include the pipe. That would be like not including a lightsaber with a Luke action figure. Uh-oh...maybe I should be worried?

Reaction score
Ok how many more OT figures are coming out before EIII stuff hits????? Links if there any, but not to starwars.com, I aint paying money for a website!!

GNT

Reaction score
The OT figures being released in the transition between OTC and ROTS include - Dannik Jerriko, Feltipern Trevagg and Myo but CF posted the other day that we might see more including - Stormtrooper, Sandtrooper, Biker Scout, Han Solo, Chewbacca, and Yoda but since we haven't heard anything about them best to take it as a grain of salt for the moment.

Reaction score
Whether they do, or don't, GNT, I could care less. I won't be getting these re-releases/retreads!

Reaction score
GNT said:
The OT figures being released in the transition between OTC and ROTS include - Dannik Jerriko, Feltipern Trevagg and Myo but CF posted the other day that we might see more including - Stormtrooper, Sandtrooper, Biker Scout, Han Solo, Chewbacca, and Yoda but since we haven't heard anything about them best to take it as a grain of salt for the moment.
Wow that's awesome. I hope to get them someday!!!! Good think since they're not Jabba's Palace characters, I don't need doubles!!!

GNT

Reaction score
And they are new characters that haven't been made before...it couldn't get better then that.

Reaction score
Re: Myo Picture!!!

Oh crap, man. He looks awful.
I always expected him to be some great brute.
His figure looks straight up Star Trek or Powers Rangers, or something else that is not Star Wars.

And what the hell was Hasbro thinking with both his and Trevagg's outfits, yuck-ee...

Reaction score
Re: Myo Picture!!!

I need a bigger picture to pass judgement on him. However, I will say that I never picture him as being a big brute. Just a normal size creature.