MYC Sculptures: OT TIE Fighter model in 1/24 scale

Reaction score
OT TIE Fighter model in 1/24 scale

In cooperation with SCI-FI-STUDIO-SCALE-MODELERS, MYC are hyped to bring you a very accurate version of the OT TIE Fighter model in 1/24 scale, modeled by Izan Ramos. Two versions of the model will be offered (clean and weathered) and both will have option for cockpit glass and cockpit light. Thrusters lights are mandatory.

DETAILS:
  • High-Quality Poly Resin Material (Polystone) and PU Materials
  • Base WILL BE WIDENED for production so the hypothetical dome would fit over the model
  • Chromed Screw caps
  • Clear Acrylic base sheet
  • 15.5" wide x 15.5" deep x 23" high with base
  • 19 lbs with base
  • Hand-Painted with high-quality paint
  • Clean Version
  • Weathered Version
  • Cockpit Glass option
  • Cockpit Light option
  • LED light-up back thrusters
  • Custom Metal Plaque with Acrylic Stand
  • Max. 2 per person
  • Shipping Estimate: November
  • ES: TBD

* Price: $1,100.00 ($300 deposit required on Pre-Order Day)​

* Pre-Order is this coming Saturday, June 11th at 12:00 PM (noon) EST in MYC's online store

1654633633490.png

1654633669723.png

1654633731808.png

1654633768725.png

1654633803064.png

1654633860986.png

1654633888115.png

1654633923449.png

1654633954357.png

1654633992642.png

Attachments

• 1654634045680.png
    1654634045680.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Reaction score
Would love to hear what others think of this TIE. I'm far from an expert on Star Wars vehicles....

Was hoping I would receive the TIE X1 before this one went up for preorder.

Reaction score
Would love to hear what others think of this TIE. I'm far from an expert on Star Wars vehicles....

Was hoping I would receive the TIE X1 before this one went up for preorder.

Agreed, I would like to know as well.

Seeing their schedule for the year, I'm thinking I want to pull the trigger on this over the AT-ST and Y-Wing. Have a few days to think it over.

Reaction score
Count me in!!! Going to be an expensive year. I have the MYC Snowspeeder, and the hot toys BTTF delorean on pre order so far. Waiting for the Prestige Enterprise, TIE, and Y-Wing.

Reaction score
I e-mailed them about expanding their studio scale line, and they said they'd want to tackle non-OT ships and vehicles next year. Bring on the Jedi Intercepter and Razor Crest.

Reaction score
I have the EFX TIE but I love TIE Fighters so I couldn’t resist this one.

Got weathered, with glass, and with light to differentiate it from the EFX version.

Reaction score
Got one as well, weather, glass and light

Couldn't resist, especially knowing their schedule for the rest of the year, I might be interested in the AT-ST, but can pass on everything else.

Reaction score
Unfortunately for me I was forced to pass on it because of lack of space as I also collect statues, mini busts and replicas. I'm saving the last space I have left for one future vehicle from MYC that will be coming out but can't talk about. Congrats to those of you ordering the TIE fighter, it's a great looking ship and the fact it already sold out clearly shows how good it looks and the demand there is for these vehicles.

Reaction score
MyenShi, i'd be interested to see a photo of this and the eFX version side by side. I'm pleased that this is in the same scale as their Tie X-1 and i wonder whether they'll release other ships in this scale. Nice touch, IMO.

Seems that the MYC collectibles are well regarded as i don't recall seeing any bad comments, yet.

Reaction score
MyenShi, i'd be interested to see a photo of this and the eFX version side by side. I'm pleased that this is in the same scale as their Tie X-1 and i wonder whether they'll release other ships in this scale. Nice touch, IMO.

Seems that the MYC collectibles are well regarded as i don't recall seeing any bad comments, yet.

Happy to oblige once I get it in. They said they used the EFX TIE for reference so it should be interesting to see them side by side.

And yes they will. The upcoming Y-Wing and AT-ST will also be 1/24 for example. Few things I love more than consistency in scale so that makes me very happy.

C31C5F04-D06D-4BAA-820A-FD4F37430F92.jpegB77D12F8-B330-4602-80DA-ACC74EA32A06.jpeg7409FD4A-9AD5-4CB0-BB79-058B8AB5EA80.jpeg

Reaction score
Hmmm. One of my biggest collecting regrets is not picking up the Master Replicas Y-Wing. I may break my collecting focus for that.

Got to say that the B-Wind is my most desired ship. (Outside of the Millennium Falcon, of course.)

Reaction score
At-St has my interest. Hopefully, Slave-1 is in near future. Glad I hold off buying Code 3 At-St.

Reaction score
Yeah it seems if you want these ships, you have to be around at 12:00 PM EST when it goes up.

I think the Tie Advanced lasted a bit longer but due to the great reviews that ship has gotten, I think a lot of collectors jumped on the TIE real quick.

Hmmm. One of my biggest collecting regrets is not picking up the Master Replicas Y-Wing. I may break my collecting focus for that.

Got to say that the B-Wind is my most desired ship. (Outside of the Millennium Falcon, of course.)
I'm with you, been so focused on GG Busts, Premium Formats and Hot Toys, I really never got into the studio scale line, I'm hoping I can contain myself with each new release lol.

Unfortunately for me I was forced to pass on it because of lack of space as I also collect statues, mini busts and replicas. I'm saving the last space I have left for one future vehicle from MYC that will be coming out but can't talk about. Congrats to those of you ordering the TIE fighter, it's a great looking ship and the fact it already sold out clearly shows how good it looks and the demand there is for these vehicles.

Oh man, any hints?

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sounds like flippers
Maybe...it is more limited than EFX or Icons. Aftermarket may be crazy. ***
UPDATE: expected this to go fast but we honored a minimum of 5 minute window and actually took almost 20 minutes to sell out and we will set the ES at 100. / clean version only 30
We cant thank you enough for supporting us.

Reaction score
Maybe...it is more limited than EFX or Icons. Aftermarket may be crazy. ***
UPDATE: expected this to go fast but we honored a minimum of 5 minute window and actually took almost 20 minutes to sell out and we will set the ES at 100. / clean version only 30
We cant thank you enough for supporting us.
Why make it so limited to artificially force hype and encourage flipping. It’s an unlicensed model, give people 24 hours to order one. So silly collectors waited long time for this can’t get one. Not everyone can be at computer at noon on a Saturday spamming the order button.

Reaction score
Why make it so limited to artificially force hype and encourage flipping. It’s an unlicensed model, give people 24 hours to order one. So silly collectors waited long time for this can’t get one. Not everyone can be at computer at noon on a Saturday spamming the order button.
They did the same with the snowspeeder. It was also limited to about 100. There has to be Some reason why they're doing it that way, but I don't know why. This is what the next couple of projects look like.

***We also like to share a vague plan for the rest of the year to you. We pushed some projects to the next year, unfortunately. So the reminder of the year is still subject to change:

June: TIE Fighter / (Enfys Nest R16 Exclusive only)
July: Dispatch Pods / Scout & Bike
August: Mudtrooper / AT-ST
September: Kit Fisto
October: Y-Wing
November: Tantive
December: Obiwan Ep1 / TBD

Reaction score
As I was typing, I got an email from MYC offering up a weathered tie. I signed up for "notify when in stock" right after it went out of stock so they are going through the list of 2nd chances. They give you 24hours to check out. Good luck if you signed up.

Reaction score

I'm assuming they're a small shop and have capacity limitations on what they can handle? In any case, it's nice to see another company filling the studio scale vehicles void.

Reaction score
It’s a small operation. They have a lot of projects they want to do and only so much time, resources, and people to get it all done. They’re only going to be able to make a set amount to begin with.

I don’t see it as encouraging flipping. These are niche items and I don’t think enough people want them to really motivate a flipper to invest in them, wait for the product, sit on a massive box, and hope someone buys it. Then you have to ship it and pay taxes on your sale.

Exact same as RS Prop Masters. Their limited and signature items can go fast but it’s just demand. I rarely see those get sold and when they do it’s just collectors refocusing.

Flippers are going to focus on items that are well known to a much broader market. Lucky for us, MYC is too small and niche to be on 99.9% of flipper radars. Time is also money. Might as well flip a handful of popular shoes, action figures, and Funko Pops to make some money quickly instead of banking on one big statue or replica.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have assumed, no inside info, one reason they keep editions so limited is to help protect their fan made and 'inspired by' status.

Reaction score
not to derail, but i am bit gutted they dont have an x-wing for this year. want to display the pair together!