MYC 1/24 Tie Interceptor

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bank account is going to have a severe dent in it this year thanks to MYC and there is still one more model announcement to come

Beautiful. I would love to see a photo of all three Tie's together.

So far it's the Imperial Shuttle and X-Wing (since I don't have the eFX one) for me. Not sure if I can handle another, although I might change my mind after the pics come out.

Looks fantastic. I cannot wait to see the prototype. I expect the same choices as the regular Tie Fighter.

I'm wondering about the measurements of this ship. It doesn't look like the base will be big enough to provide space for a cover, so it would need to be placed inside a glass covered unit. While a love it, I don't know at this point if an Ikea cabinet will work for it as far as depth. Great looking model, though.

Looks fantastic. I cannot wait to see the prototype. I expect the same choices as the regular Tie Fighter.
Agree. Will be going with weathered and glass to match my Darth Vader & regular TIE if the options are offered

I cannot wait to see some side by side photos of the three of them, Woody.

inter.jpg

MYC proudly present the Model-Int Imperial Fighter. Exclusive preview of the model below for the Rebelscum forums:

- Scale: 1/24
- Two painted versions: Clean ( similar to the old screened used models) and weathered.
- This model is digitally created by Izan Ramos and the SCFI-STUDIO-SCALE-MODELERS Team
- High-quality solid Poly Resin Material (Polystone and PU)
- 14.5" wide x 20" deep x 21" high with base 20 lbs 2 rods ( one long to match the cockpit height of TIE Fighters)
- Hand-painted with quality paint
- Magnet supports OPTIONS: COCKPIT LED, COCKPIT GLASS, WEATHERED/CLEAN, 181st STRIPE ES TBD
- Shipping Estimated in January 2024 from China

* PRICE: $1,100 ($440 Non-refundable Deposit required)
* The Model will go up for Pre-Order SATURDAY, September 16th at 12:00 PM (Noon) EST in MYC's online store on the website.

FOLLOWING OPTIONS TO CHOOSE FROM DURING CHECKOUT:

1. COCKPIT GLASS: YES/NO
2. COCKPIT LIGHT: YES/NO
3. 181'st RED STRIPE" YES/NO

* Please contact MYC after you place the order to set up an automated 4-month payment plan.

TIEINTERCEPTOR000B.jpg

TIEINTERCEPTOR000D.jpg

TIEINTERCEPTOR000E.jpg

TIEINTERCEPTOR000F.jpg

TIEINTERCEPTOR000F1.jpg

TIEINTERCEPTOR000G.jpg

TIEINTERCEPTOR000H.jpg

TIEINTERCEPTOR000J.jpg

TIEINTERCEPTOR000L.jpg

TIEINTERCEPTOR000K.jpg

TIEINTERCEPTOR000M.jpg

TIEINTERCEPTOR000I.jpg

Last edited:
I'm definitely ordering this. It is true the wings extend beyond the base which makes it not possible for an acrylic cover to rest on the base itself, but I have already spoken to an acrylic place where they could make a black base bigger than the Interceptor to place it on with the base it comes with and a cover for it. I told them about the model having a light up feature with a power cord that plugs into its base, they told me once I get it to bring it to them and thet can make a tiny opening for the power power, so I'll do that, although I think I'm just ordering one with no lights.

Got my order in. I went with weathered, glass and lights. Really hoping for a 1/24 Tie Bomber next year!

Congrats to all that got one. I love my tie fighter. I am at a weird point in life as I have more money than space :) and I have a big office. I still have a y-wing, at-at, starfighter on order so I will have to make some collection choices soon.

I ordered the clean and weathered tie. The clean looked like a hasbro toy and I was able to sell it. Weathered is the only way to go :)
I like the fact that the "Weathered" look doesn't make it look old or beat up, but gives it a more real world look to it.

I think the purists will want the clean, no glass option.

A little update on the progress ...

We're closing in with our production and should start shipping next month. As soon we're getting closer to shipping, we will send you an email with different shipping options to chose from.

1711389266139.png

Last edited:
Anyone get an email from Zhou asking for balance on these. I haven't gotten any update about pre-orders yet, but received a detailed email saying my TIE interceptor is ready to ship. Email is not from MYC.

I got the same email. Looks like the factory went rouge and is selling them on their own.

Last edited:
See this is what I'm talking about. MYC wants to come in and say they were ordered to be destroyed, but people are getting emails saying the factory is ready to ship. It seems some here, including MYC, just want to quiet the whole thing so they can get them shipped out under the mouse's nose, and that's fine, but don't pretend what's going on ISN'T what's going on. Some want to jump on the case of others for looking for the real story, but the irony is the guy is doing exactly what he's not supposed to be doing anyway.

And for what it's worth, I have three of the MYC model ships and have a financial interest in the unreleased models.

The "guy" is not doing anything. If at all, blame the factory in CHINA that can do whatever they want because Disney won't touch them because of all the businesses they have with our enemy. Why don't you say anything about Force Laboratory or RS Propmasters or any other builders charging thousands and thousands of dollars for a model for which they do not have a license to make. Since you seem to be such a "by the book", such a defender of what shouldn't be done, then go over to those threads and tell them they have not a license to build these things but no, The Mouse does not reach as far as Asia and Europe so you're fine with it. Don't think people can't read between the lines and realize these type of comments are meant to keep throwing wood into the fire, and try to destroy the image of this company and smear the reputation of a man that brought so much joy to the collector community. It appears you want to implicate Michael into something he is not doing and for which no longer has the power to control. What proof do you have Michael has anything to do with this supposed sale? What proof do you have this isn't actually some kind of scam by someone in China? You have but three posts here and all of them are backhanded comments to put down a guy that is no longer part of the building community. Make yourself useful. No one cares!

Last edited:
The "guy" is not doing anything. If at all, blame the factory in CHINA that can do whatever they want because Disney won't touch them because of all the businesses they have with our enemy. Why don't you say anything about Force Laboratory or RS Propmasters or any other builders charging thousands and thousands of dollars for a model for which they do not have a license to make. Since you seem to be such a "by the book", such a defender of what shouldn't be done, then go over to those threads and tell them they have not a license to build these things but no, The Mouse does not reach as far as Asia and Europe so you're fine with it. Don't think people can't read between the lines and realize these type of comments are meant to keep throwing wood into the fire, and try to destroy the image of this company and smear the reputation of a man that brought so much joy to the collector community. It appears you want to implicate Michael into something he is not doing and for which no longer has the power to control. What proof do you have Michael has anything to do with this supposed sale? What proof do you have this isn't actually some kind of scam by someone in China? You have but three posts here and all of them are backhanded comments to put down a guy that is no longer part of the building community. Make yourself useful. No one cares!

Don't pay attention to these people, FS. Remember, wisdom is the ability to ignore foolishness. Wise people learn to ignore ignorance. Foolish people retain it.

Last edited:
As I said in another thread, people having questions or concerns about a public situation is normal, but here in the forums what we can't have is members sniping back and forth at each other just to continue an argument. Let's please stay on target to the thread and keep things civil.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back