My Vader Case pre-production trio is now complete:)

Reaction score
My Vader Case pre-production trio is now complete! (and C-3PO cases) updated 5-17-2019

It's been a long time since I had a limelight, so I wanted to share with you my pre-production Vader case trio (dull gold, marbled white, and chrome gold w/ original plastic and company label that originally did the vacuum sealing).

It's taken several years to track these three down (I got the gold one way before I knew about RS). I am very happy and content with this mini focus now. I also need to shout out a BIG THANKS to Ron Wallace for remembering me and contacting me regarding the final (white) case that was needed to complete my focus. Enjoy and thanks for looking! -R

8/2015: I thought I'd resurrect this old thread and add a picture of my 2 C-3PO cases.

The dull gold C-3po case was used to test the strength of the plastic. It was opened and closed many times to see how the latches held up (one of the hinges broke during testing as noted on the tape). It was then marked "Abuse" w/ a sharpie. Here's the stress test case before it was afa graded:

Although not preproduction, this winter I picked up a beautiful sealed ROTJ Vader case to compliment my run (thanks Pete!).

Here is my run in my new cabinet (sorry about the other “Clutter”:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Awesome stuff! The Gold Vader case has always been one of those "grail" type pieces for me. Ever since it graced the cover of Sansweet's "From Concept to Screen to Collectible" book.

Very cool run you have there! Congrats on the new acquisition!

Reaction score
Kenner, beautiful stuff mate, they look sweet together, the white one is my fav, do you have a fav?
They would make a fantastic backdrop to a loose collection, or just look super cool on a display of their own, congrats bro, sweet stuff.

Reaction score
Awesome set !! I'm glad you were able to find a White/Marble case, those are really tough !!

Bill

Reaction score
Kenner, beautiful stuff mate, they look sweet together, the white one is my fav, do you have a fav?
Thanks everyone for all the kind words! My favorite is the white marbled case. It seems to be the rarest of the three and looks like it could have been carved out of marble.

Reaction score
Well done tracking down the last one.

I love those cases also wouldn't mind picking up some Vader one's. I am going down the c-3po prototype case run myself.
I noticed this one with C.I.B also , glad you got the heads up on it.

Thanks

Vince

Reaction score
2015 update with my C-3PO cases. I've had these in my collection a while now, but wanted to update this old thread. Enjoy! -R

Reaction score
Spectacular run. That white marble case makes me want white chocolate lol. Thank you for sharing great items with the community. Really is a sight to see.

Reaction score
Wow! That is incredible that you put all those together, they really look great. Congrats for pulling it off.

"Impressive; most impressive."

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words everyone! A good friend suggested that I share a bit more about the dull 3PO case, so I just added a few interesting pictures of the case before it was afa graded by the previous owner:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Pretty cool, so it was an EP for testing abuse. Thanks for posting these, you have a nice collection Kenner76.

Reaction score
You call that dull. I think it is just flat out amazing the trio you were able to put together.

Thanks for sharing.

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I'm extremely happy with this run. The irony is that the "dull gold" 3-PO case is probably the most interesting one out of the group. ;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Great little run you have put together there Randy.

Thanks for sharing.

Reaction score
Thanks again for the kind words guys! I was very fortunate to get my hands on these cases back when pricess were much more reasonable. :)