My Toy Room (FINALLY!)

Reaction score
Hello all - I've been a member here since 2009 and was a lurker for some years before that. In some way, since around 1996, I've always displayed my figures whether it was just on some shelves in my middle school bedroom to my post-college walk-in closet where I had all kinds of scenes set up inside it. I finally bought my own house in 2014 and after a year of remodeling and stripping it to the bones and back, I moved in. All my Star Wars toys were in plastic bins waiting to be freed until this year - ironically, COVID gave me the time needed to really get cracking on my walkout basement. I still need to do some floor molding and fill nail holes/paint, but I couldn't resist popping 2 Detolfs together (I bought 4 in total) and I'll be looking to get some larger display cabinets and more actual shelving for the walls soon. I've always collected as if I was recreating "scenes" so what you see is an essence of the media and the particular locale. The figures start at the Legacy Collection where I really got back into collecting and continue straight through the introduction of TVC all the way up to now in TVC 2.0 - a few of the Mando figures were bought just yesterday!

I am just ecstatic to finally have a space to celebrate all this stuff and I think the pictures and setups speak volumes of TVC - Star Wars is about world-building and interaction with vehicles and playsets. It's the main reason I don't collect 6" all - I don't feel they are that much more detailed nor do they lend themselves to this sort of scene building. I plan on doing a huge HOTH diorama with my BAT-AT and will have to find a spot for the Millennium Falcon as well as the Sail Barge. I have a big dresser that the Barge can go on, but does anyone have ideas for the BMF? The Detolfs are PERFECT for helmets, too!
IMG_8763.JPGIMG_8764.JPGIMG_8766.JPGIMG_8769.JPGIMG_8770.JPGIMG_8772.JPGIMG_8773.JPGIMG_8776.JPG

As you can see, I still have a TON to unpack! Loads of ESB, ANH and ROTJ in there.

IMG_8777.JPG

Last edited:
Reaction score
Looking good! Congrats on the house!

I bought my house in mid-January of 2018, didn't move in until April because of some painting and cleaning. I really didn't get the bulk of my collection out until over a year later, and let me tell you it was the best feeling. Obviously the freedom is nice, but the best part of owning a home is you can display/decorate it however you want.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Very cool displays. I can’t wait to see updates. I find garage sales and thrift stores or even older family members have great smaller tables that work great for bigger vehicles. I have a small table for my BMF from my mother. She found it at a garage sale. It’s perfect. About 3 and half feet tall or so and fits the falcon to a T. I like being able to walk around the falcon on all sides. The barge always seemed like a one-sided vehicle to me and works against a wall. But that BMF needs to be free on all sides in my opinion.

Reaction score
Very cool displays. I can’t wait to see updates. I find garage sales and thrift stores or even older family members have great smaller tables that work great for bigger vehicles. I have a small table for my BMF from my mother. She found it at a garage sale. It’s perfect. About 3 and half feet tall or so and fits the falcon to a T. I like being able to walk around the falcon on all sides. The barge always seemed like a one-sided vehicle to me and works against a wall. But that BMF needs to be free on all sides in my opinion.

That's exactly my plan! I am going to use 12" floating shelf brackets that are tubular or rectangular that mount directly to studs and actually "float" my Barge off the wall. I suppose it's a little more precarious for a $500 collectible, but that leaves me so much more space underneath it for the Sarlacc scene and the Skiffs. I think it'll work! I'll post more updates when I take pics tonight. It's a mess in there now that I've moved in all my toy bins. I need a large display case, but I haven't found "the one" yet. Looking for something used on Marketplace - might get another Detolf or 2 as well.

Reaction score
I bought two new IKEA cabinets to house my main TVC / Legacy collection. I had thought about removing one shelf and putting an AT-AT in there, but it just wasted so much figure space that I decided against it. Leaving the bottom right shelf open for my upcoming Tantive IV playset.

IMG_8943.JPG
IMG_8937.JPG

FROM LEFT/DOWN to RIGHT/DOWN
IMG_8940.JPG

IMG_8941.JPG

IMG_8942.JPG

IMG_8939.JPG

IMG_8938.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_8939.JPG
    IMG_8939.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 5
Reaction score
I also updated my Detolf location (now to the right of my Barge, which is slid to the left some and updated the scenes with my new figures:

IMG_8930 2.JPG

NEW ESB scene since I removed all the Jabba stuff fo the bigger showcase - the Luke suction cup would NOT stay for the life of me on the upper glass. I was so bummed, it looked AWESOME. I need some better strategies
IMG_8932 2.JPG

IMG_8933 2.JPGIMG_8934 2.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_8934.JPG
    IMG_8934.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 3
Reaction score
My main problem now is that I have so many excellent vehicles (Y-Wing, TIE Bomber, TIE Fighter, TIE Interceptor, X-Wing (Red 2), B-Wing, and the Snowspeeder, which I'd like to put on a clear flight stand.

Reaction score
I bought two new IKEA cabinets to house my main TVC / Legacy collection. I had thought about removing one shelf and putting an AT-AT in there, but it just wasted so much figure space that I decided against it. Leaving the bottom right shelf open for my upcoming Tantive IV playset.

View attachment 375263
Looks great! What is the name of those IKEA cabinets in the middle. Thanks!

Reaction score
Looks great! What is the name of those IKEA cabinets in the middle. Thanks!

My wife saw an ad for them randomly and let me know right away - it was the perfect solution for the height I was looking for and not blocking my only window in the room. They are called the RUDSTA.

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/rudsta-glass-door-cabinet-anthracite-50450137/

They are great quality, don't take very long to setup either. I had them both done in a night, while watching a miniseries haha. Probably could have gone faster.

Reaction score
Very nicely done!!! Seeing your display makes me again hate that I missed the boat, or barge 😊, on the first HasLab project.

Reaction score
Great display!
Very nicely done!!! Seeing your display makes me again hate that I missed the boat, or barge 😊, on the first HasLab project.

Appreciate it from both of you - I'm really happy I got a Barge and kicking myself for not getting a 2nd to fund the first with the way prices are going. Truth be told, I'm just glad to have it in the collection. ROTJ was the movie I watched the most as a kid, and this setup really gives that scene all the love. I want to hang a few of my starships from the ceiling next!

Reaction score
Just a word of advice, you may want to block that window with a blackout curtain, or coat the window with UV filtering tint.
#1 enemy of toys...UV light!
would be a shame to let anything happen to those great displays!

Reaction score
Just a word of advice, you may want to block that window with a blackout curtain, or coat the window with UV filtering tint.
#1 enemy of toys...UV light!
would be a shame to let anything happen to those great displays!

I've definitely heard that, luckily, it's on the north facing side of the house, so it gets the least amount of sun. That one window doesn't let in too much thankfully. It does stink that a great toy room can't be naturally well-lit.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Love your displays! Now I'm seriously considering hanging my Sail Barge on a couple of bars. I like that RUDSTA cabinet, but I want the front to be clear or open. I'm looking at some shelves, but I haven't seen anything that fits what I want.

Reaction score
Love your displays! Now I'm seriously considering hanging my Sail Barge on a couple of bars. I like that RUDSTA cabinet, but I want the front to be clear or open. I'm looking at some shelves, but I haven't seen anything that fits what I want.

Yep, this was the closest compromise to what I wanted and I can assure you I spent weeks researching different frameless glass displays, all which were prohibitively expensive, or awful consignments on marketplace or wherever. I'm really thankful to have these - they let in a ton of light being 3-sided glass, have shelves and I think the black backing helps to create more pop on the figures themselves, though they are darker inside. I'm getting lighting in the future to help with that.

Reaction score
I think it’s looking great

Thank you very much! My next project is to build a table for the MF with glass sides and top so you can see in all around 360 degrees. It'll be a coffee table too and function as such. It'll have a hinged lid so I can adjust scenes and change things up to keep it interesting.

Reaction score
Thank you very much! My next project is to build a table for the MF with glass sides and top so you can see in all around 360 degrees. It'll be a coffee table too and function as such. It'll have a hinged lid so I can adjust scenes and change things up to keep it interesting.
I built one awhile back and it was a chore. I decided it wasn't worth the trouble and found one at Home Depot that I really liked. There glass with a black metal frame. They were around $80 so I bought two. I'm planning on displaying my UCS and BMF on them.

Reaction score
Really nice display! May have to look into those Rudsta cabinets.

They work really well for having bigger pieces in there too, I think they were my perfect display solution for what I was trying to accomplish. I really collect in "scenes" as much as I collect pretty much only OT.

Reaction score
I built one awhile back and it was a chore. I decided it wasn't worth the trouble and found one at Home Depot that I really liked. There glass with a black metal frame. They were around $80 so I bought two. I'm planning on displaying my UCS and BMF on them.

That sounds awesome, do you know the model still? I'd love to see what it was.

Reaction score
Finally got my ships hung up on the ceiling, all but my Wedge X-Wing. I may end up selling that off since I don't have the space and the figure was an older version of him anyhow. I think the effect is very cool, the fishing wire is almost invisible and really adds some pop to the room having them dogfighting near the ceiling.

I put out all my POTF2 figures as well on the long top shelf above the Barge - very cool to see them all out again. That is how I displayed them as a kid growing up and they've been in a shoebox since then. Although we all know they aren't great looking figures, they had an aesthetic and stuck to it and they were my reentry to Star Wars back in 1995.

IMG_8026.JPG

IMG_8027.JPG

Reaction score
I'm worried about your Tie Fighter. Did you do anything to ensure they don't suddenly pop off?

BTW, it's really cool when you can hang ships in flight. (y)

Reaction score
I'm worried about your Tie Fighter. Did you do anything to ensure they don't suddenly pop off?

BTW, it's really cool when you can hang ships in flight. (y)

Ha - yes, those springs were cut down long ago. I'm actually bummed that the feature doesn't work anymore. I still can't believe Hasbro was so cheap and used such brittle plastic. Talk about only caring about the petulant bottom line. I hate how the wings droop, but they should have been a responsible toy company and fixed this since it's been over a decade of the Big Wing TIE design, which is poor. Ditto with the droopy X-Wing wings, I can't stand that crap. Asking us to pay $100 for a thrice repacked X-Wing only to never fix the wing mechanism?

But yes, seeing the ships up there is awfully cool every time I walk in!