My Star Wars Bandai showroom

Reaction score
ATTENTION !! This will become a picture-heavy showroom ;)

I am 42 years old ( yap I am old
) and I am located in Austria/Europe. I do modelbuildung since my teens and I am hooked to Star Wars since age of 5 or 6. Just recently, mid Nov last year, I introduced myself to the Bandai kits, and man, in all those years I have never seen anything more awesome like them. I used to have all the MPC/Ertl kits back then, but compared to the Bandais, they look like toys ships now, not to speak of the recent Revell kits.
Since I am a little restricted of space due some other collections ( scaled replicas, selected figures, etc. ) and of course my wife
I find the Bandai kits are just perfect. Not to small, not to big, and still looking awesome due supersharp hyperfine details.

I am completly repainting all my kits. Actually, I do have a airbrush system, but I prefer to use old school brushes on the kits. I don´t use any special colors, weathering sets, oils, pigments....
just lowpriced, no named, flat acryls from the hobbystore around the corner. Used techniques just include washes, drybrush, stipping...
I am no fan of decals or stickes, so EVERYTHING you see down there is painted.

Ok, I will post some images of my currently finished kits and expand with every future addition.
Feel free to leave any kind of comments, positives or negatives or whatever fits :) .... BUT please don´t hijack my showroom with pics of your items

EDIT: I am NOT a pro-photorapher ;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
They look magnificent!:awesome: I only use brushes myself, I can't get the full gist of airbrushing. I love em!

Reaction score
When I started buying the Bandai´s, my original plan was to focus on the 1:72 line. But with just the Resistance X-Wing, FO Special Ops TIE and the TIE Striker left, I sneaked into the 1:144 line already ;)

1:144 Boba Fett´s "Slave I"

Last edited:
Reaction score
Very nice ! Just discovered this brand at Celebration. Really cool stuff. Very detailed.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Hats off, sir. Well done.
Myself, I have a few figure kits: sandtrooper, and droids.
I recently bought Poe's x-wing and a tie fighter.
I felt they were trickier to do than the figures, but I haven't attempted 3po yet.

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the kind words :)

@Tobedesu: I haven't done any figure kits yet, so I can't say a thing about, but I didn't think the vehicles are tricky. The Y-Wing comes with loads of tubes and pipes to attach, but thats exactly the thing I lile about modelbuilding :) :)

Reaction score
I'm a little late to the thread but WOW...glad I found it. Amazing work! Your painting and custom bases are awesome.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Love the Jango Fett Slave 1 from AOTC and the AT AT from ESB. Amazing items overall and your photos are awesome! Great collection thread :).

Reaction score
Very nice! All of your work looks incredible. Professional level quality. Really enjoy seeing your pictures.

Reaction score
1:144 Rey´s "Millennium Falcon"

After a longer break, another Bandai-kit is finished

The stand is still untouched this time, as my original plan was to create some kind of Crystal Cave somehow, to recreate the TIE´s chasing the Falcon. Thats also the reason, why I painted the damage behind to radar dish :) Still haven´t figured out how to do a crystal cave. Might brainstorm again over the holidays ;)

Reaction score
1:2.700.000 Death Star II

Got this little micro kit for X-Mas, took me about two hours to build and paint :)

and for size comparsion, a standard ZIPPO lighter

still tinkering if I want to add tiny dots of lighted windows :unsure:

Coz

Reaction score
Great work! Just getting into these. I'm finding out that enamel paints are not good for these kits. Are you using all acrylics or clear coating the using enamels?