My son's Star Wars Playset-update 9/1

Reaction score
Re: My son\'s Star Wars Playset-update 8/10

Those photos are excellent. I love the poses. Fett's punch is especially realistic. The painting of the clouds and the lighting in the landing platform shots really sell it.

Reaction score

Only two comments:

1) Somehow, I don't really buy the "it's for my son" line. Dude, it's okay to make it for yourself and play w/ it. If there was a 5-year old behind the scene setups, there would be incongruitious stuff like C3PO shooting stormtroopers and the like, or Padme talking to Leia and Luke. Sort of like me saying I'm buying guns and ammo "for my wife".
2) If it was my basement, my wife would demand that I finish drywalling the studs before undertaking such a cool project. You win this round.

Keep up the good work and have fun with YOUR playset, I only wish it was mine.

P'DJ

Reaction score

That is completely amazing!! I love the way that everything works together. Even seeing Padme with Stormtroopers actually works with that playset.

Now, I'm not sure that you are 100% done with the playset, but there are a few play elements from the Star Wars saga that are not seen in this "Ultimate Star Wars Playset". These are:

1. A control room similar to the one in the Death Star
2. A Trash Compactor
3. Tractor Beam control tower things
4. TURBO LASER CANNON

If you could somehow incorporate these 4 simple things into the playset, then your "son's playset" would indeed be the Ultimate Playset in the Galaxy!!

Jason

Reaction score

Very nice work. Your kid must be the envy of his friends.

Reaction score

yeah

You are right! I
play maybe a little too much. But It is my son's playset. Eventually we plan to move it to his room. But that will be later. Maybe I will add some of those things, I remain open to adjustments.

Reaction score

This is such a cool set up you have going. I love the pictures with the cloud paintings in the background. What did you do to the inside the of AT-AT? Its another nice touch and I was curious about it.

Reaction score

It's a simple tap light. I just squished it inbetween the battery center and the ceiling for the shot. It stays in there because of the tight pressure. I used many of these type of lights in the structure as well, because it was an easy approach to mount via velcro. But for the walker I just squished it in there. THese lights are @ target, home depot. I really like them because I find you can use them to light up "scenes" in a really nice way. They last really long too. I have not had to change the batteries yet.

Reaction score

Thats a pretty cool yet simple idea for lighting! Why didn´t I think of that...

But anyway, I must agree with everyone that the playset is awesome.

Reaction score
Re: My son\'s Star Wars Playset-update 7/14

OMG

what kid ( and lets be honest, adult too) wouldn't want that?

incredible work.

Reaction score

Thats a fantastic playset you have!
Are the figures freestanding? I think i'd need additional support to acheive posing like that.
First class look forward to seeing more.

Reaction score

Your pictures are what collecting star wars is all about for me.

Reaction score

Hi-Any updates? That's one of the coolest playsets I've ever seen. I'm definately going to borrow your ideas

Awesomwe

Reaction score

Wow, wow, wow, truly an amazing play set. If only Hasbro'd take notice of this and start making them. This is just what kids need and want to fully experience playing Star Wars. The backgrounds are excellent as well.

And this is just one awesome shot:

fettsei said:
Thanks for sharing man!

Reaction score

It has been said many times before, but I have to add to it: this is beautiful. Great work.

Reaction score

Fettsei,

I am new to this. Can you describe the materials used to make the structure and how you did some of the details.

Thanks!

Reaction score

Well, I have not posted in a while, but I moved the playset up to the playroom!

My son (and I) are enjoying it! I had some great results with stop motion on my laptop, but then it crashed. Once I redo the lost data I will post some info in regards to our star war actionfigure movies!

Reaction score

My hat goes off to you sir.

I absolutely love what you've created with this set Fettsei, it not only looks AMAZING, but it's 100% functional as well - just unbelievable!! The time & effort you've put into this must've been exhausting, but a labour of love I imagine also. Exceptional work, what else can one say..

Have you thought about getting an investor on board to help you mass produce this thing?

Reaction score
Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)

fettsei- This thing is incredible. I love the scenes you created. They look like scenes from a movie that was never made. Absolutely fantastic. I only wished my dad would've created something like this when I was a kid playing with my Star Wars toys.

Reaction score

I will be posting updates with a few movie stills as I work on our stop motion adventure! My son and I are working on our first stop motion animation. In the past we have filmed us playing out stories and "set ups". I wanted to try my hand at some stop motion, so I have begun. I am following my son's plan with a few tweaks of my own along the way complete with effects! I will post in the photonovels and artwork section, but I wanted to let you Diorama guys know so you could check it out! Here are a few "sneak peaks"!

Reaction score
Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)

fettsei said:
I will be posting updates with a few movie stills as I work on our stop motion adventure! My son and I are working on our first stop motion animation. In the past we have filmed us playing out stories and "set ups". I wanted to try my hand at some stop motion, so I have begun. I am following my son's plan with a few tweaks of my own along the way complete with effects! I will post in the photonovels and artwork section, but I wanted to let you Diorama guys know so you could check it out! Here are a few "sneak peaks"!

Damn!!! Those look like movie stills. You have a true talent with photography.

So how old is your son? Just wondering because stop-motion has to be extremely time consuming and probably a bit dull for a young kid.

Reaction score
Re: My son\'s Star Wars Playset-update 9/1

Bumped for sheer greatness.If anyone is reading this,check out how this is being put to great use in the Photonovel Section.

Incredible.

Reaction score
Re: My son\'s Star Wars Playset-update 9/1

r1bb1t said:
Bumped for sheer greatness.If anyone is reading this,check out how this is being put to great use in the Photonovel Section.

Incredible.
THANX FOR THAT!!
I hadn't seen this b4. Absolutely fantastic. It gives me ideas. Just wow.

Reaction score

I'm surprised I haven't seen this post before. I can see why you've had so many hits.

You are a man true to my own heart, selflessly working in the early hours to create a Star Wars Base for your son without any care for your own needs! Your strength of will is immense.

But seriously, you have done so well, your design gives so many play opportunities and is the perfect gift. My Father used to make me wonderful models, the largest of which sill takes pride of place in my office, and as Father I am now doing the same for my kids, which is hw I got into making stuff and posting it here.

There is something very special about creating something with your own hands for your children, in years to come it will become a link to a special time and a treasured possession.

Not only have you created a wonderful toy, but you have also built a stunning Star Wars Set that us adults can enjoy looking at, it's got "PLAY WITH ME!" written all over it. Your images and movie shots have an innocence and magic all of their own.

It goes without saying that your son is very lucky! and thank God you had a son!

A most excellent job! A huge pat on the back from me, and as we say in England...PUKKA!

Reaction score

Coolest Dad ever! Your son will be talking about this for years.

Reaction score

This thing is AMAZING.

I love the fact that it incorporates so many play possibilities, and has so many different aspects of the films. The detail, style, and precise geometry of the whole project is extremely impressive...jaw-dropping, really. The scale, dedication, and effort that you've put into this is extraordinary.

Reaction score

WOW.... Thats Amazing.
Great Playset.
Jam Jam

Reaction score

This isn't a playset, it's a work of art!

Are there any new additions?

Even if there aren't, I'd love to see some more pics of the figures you and your son set up on there. They're so imaginative!

Reaction score

Holy crap, that is freaking AMAZING
That's the kind of motivation I need to get off my butt and start building a Death Star !!!!!

Reaction score

I wish you were my dad, hahaha! This is amazing! This playset has so much possibilities during play-time. It could work in any environment (ie. place it in the woods for an Endor station or flower garden for Felucia). I love the color palette and the many features this playset has!

Reaction score

This is the first time that i've seen this and all i can say is WOW! That is such an amazing piece of work. You're a very talented guy. It'#s not every child that can boast almost the entire galaxy as his playing ground. What do you intend to do next?

By the way, how do you feel when your son starts playing with it? Do you keep worrying that he's going to break something?

Reaction score
Re: My son\'s Star Wars Playset-update 7/17

I'll say it again, I love it! The new additions are great. This is one of the coolest playsets I've ever seen.

Reaction score

fettsei said:

I have my new desktop background!!

Simply awesome and very inspiring! I have to build one of these babies for my own kids!

Reaction score

A quick question about your playset - how did you prepare the floor pieces - you mention painting them, but they look like they have designs engraved or etched into them. Please explain!

Reaction score

Wow! This is sick!
Just seeing it for the first time(surprisingly), but what a sweet surprise!
I think you've adopted about 1,000 or so more "kids".
Is it my turn to play!
I do have one question.
If this is post republic pre OT why did the Empire need to build that crappy Death Star when they had this?!
Awesome work!

Reaction score

Hey! Where'd all your pics go? I was gonna show this to my kids!