My Rise of Skywalker / Saga Ending Theory

Reaction score
Watching the new trailer and something clicked. I think I have a solid theory. Feel free to pull it apart...

Palpatine in Rise of Skywalker (ROS) is a clone. Rey is a clone. Palpatine secretly kept Kamino going and figured out Force-sensitive cloning. He transferred himself to one from ROTJ. But the dark side ravages you, hence the towering walker in the trailer.

He used Leia's DNA from when she was Vader's prisoner on the Death Star. And then created a bunch of Reys. In TFA, she was dumped by someone looking to possibly deny Palpatine the most promising clone.

Rey being a clone was hinted at in the mirror in TLJ. She wanted to see her parents, but only saw herself, repeated to infinity. She snapped, but unlike a reflection that responds simultaneously, it was one by one, as if they were separate individuals. Kylo also says she's "nobody". He sensed this and just lied about junk traders to get her to join him as an apprentice after Snoke was killed.

Rey having Leia's power is how she could go toe to toe with a Luke/Snoke-trained Kylo in TFA. Kylo's torture of her let her tap into her Force potential.

In the ROS trailer, Palpatine's clone says "Your coming together..is your undoing". Showing the Resistance ships massing, and everyone piling into the Falcon's cockpit was to throw us off. He means Rey and Kylo. She pulls him back so they can fight Palpatine and fight Force-sensitive Rey clones. Notice in the ROS trailer, Rey's saber destroyed the Vader helmet stand, and there's an instant where you see Kylo starting to reach out, likely to grasp the helmet w/ the Force. Likely her working to convince him.

Also, no one knows her, but him. Of course he does, they're connected genetically. Maybe he felt that in Snoke's throne room.

The Rey clones are possibly led by the Knights of Ren, or "a" Knight of Ren. Notice how the toy doesn't give a name. Notice how the previous teaser had Dark Rey with the snap-saber. Likely one of Palpatine's clones. Notice how the blades crackled like Kylo's saber. Snoke was likely an avatar for Palpatine. Possibly yet another clone. Maybe Palpatine wanted the strongest to win out, and fed, through Snoke, the damaged red crystal for Kylo. The same he gave his Dark Rey.

Actually, I could be wrong on the last bit in a few details, I think Palpatine might ONLY have a Knight of Ren and one Dark Rey clone he's personally trained. Maybe dispatching with the other Knights of Ren as Palpatine is a student of the Rule of Two. Or perhaps Dark Rey's been out hunting them down and there are a few more of her and just one Knight of Ren left. Maybe this Knight joins Good Rey and Kylo to stop Palpatine before he can unleash a new cloned Sith army on the galaxy.

A Sith army of Dark Reys...cloned young Palpatines...cloned Mauls...Dookus...Anakins...

"Rise of Skywalker" is Rey, because she's a clone of a Skywalker. Might have a dual meaning of her rising and the legend of Luke and Leia inspiring others to finally create a peaceful galaxy.

Ok, that's my theory. :)

Reaction score
  Spoiler:  
Based on the spoilers (which so far appear to be accurate...none of that happens... beside Kylo and Rey working together at some point

Reaction score
Womp Womp

Oh well, I definitely am not going to seek out those spoilers, so I look forward to December when I'll find out just how wrong I was. :)

Reaction score
Haven't kept up with all the spoilers lately, but the Rey/double edge scene in the trailer.. while most likely a dream sequence of some sort, I'd love to see an evil Rey clone LEAD the knights of Ren into some sort of battle/conflict/etc. working with Palpatine or on her own.. something different.

My only concern.. seems like a lot of theories, plots, etc. to both ADD to the last movie and to WRAP UP in the last movie. Hope everything doesn't end up just all mashing together and getting all convoluted. Plus we know how these directors are all about "tripping us up" these days vs. just "telling a decent story" (alas those days seem to be gone). Throw in a "trip up the audience" plot point or two and hope it doesn't all turn into one big mess.

Cross the fingers, sit back, and have a little faith all at the same time I guess.

Reaction score
Oh man through a connection I have the info on Rey and the Emperor and A***** but don’t want to spoil it. They are definitely going to tell you what/where/how/when. I think many are going to be angry. I know I was.

Last edited: